Dancers & TroupesDancers and troupes directory presents valuable information on Indian artists of repute in the field of dance. This directory aims to provide extensive information on famous dancers and popular dance troupes of India. View a large collection of official websites on the leading dance exponents of India showcasing talents from popular dance forms such as Bharat Natyam, Kuchipudi, Oddisi and Kathak. Also, reach out to the famous dance troupes of India by accessing our website listing under the dancers and troupes directory.
Latest Website Listings
- Daksha Sheth Dance Company The Daksha Sheth Dance Company is located at Natyashram, a rural arts centre in lush, sylvan surroundings on the banks of Lake Vellayani, 14 kilometers from Trivandrum in the state of Kerala. Natyashram also serves as the base for AARTi, the Academy for Arts Research, Training and Innovation, and functions as a dynamic centre for multicultural and multimedia interactions in the arts.
- Ponnabalam Academy of Dance & Music Trust The academy has centres in Bangalore and Mumbai. The academy has trained over a 150 students. The teaching Faculty has eminent performer - teachers who provide able guidance to the deserving students while imparting training. Exceptionally talented dancers from other dance schools are also included for certain productions.
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan The Bangalore center of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, a prominent signpost in Bangalores cultural scenario, bloomed in 1965 and enjoys an enviable a reputation in the service of arts, education and culture as envisioned by its founder, Kulpati Dr. Kanhaiyalal Maneklal Munshiji. Dr. Munshhiji, who set up Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in 1938.
- Geetha Ganesan On her father being transferred to Indore, Geetha completed here 12th class from Daly College, Indore and her degree in Mathematics Honors from Holkar Science College, Devi Ahilya Vishwa Vidyalay, Indore. Thereafter she went on to do her Masters in Performing Arts from S N School of Performing Arts, Hyderabad Central University.
- Sharmila Biswas Odissi dancer and head of the Odissi Vision & Movement Centre in Calcutta.
- Arjun Raina Arjun Raina is also arguably Indias leading English Voice and Speech Coach. In 2001, he started the Voice and Accent program in GE Capital. He created course curriculum and trained thousands of agents then went on to train 125 trainers to coach the entire organization.
- Seher Its events have been repeatedly described as historic, innovative and radically different. These have included live performances amid ancient monuments as well as in public parks. Many have been done for the first time ever in India and have attracted thousands of people.
- Sree Sankara School of Dance Sree Sankara School of Dance an institution recognised by the Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Academy, has twelve training centers and 700 students. It has grown into one of largest traditional classical schools in Kerala. Imparts training in Mohiniyattam, Bharathanatyam, Kuchupudy and Classical Music.
- Art Vision An organisation run by dancer Ileana Citaristi providing training in Odissi and Chhau.
- Daiji World It is said that time just flies when one is enjoying and it has been true as far as daiji world is concerned. It has been a fun in channelizing all our energies towards providing a comprehensive and germane web portal that caters to all sections of the society and to the family as a whole.
- Attakkalari ACMA also functions as a resource centre for young and upcoming artistes from other parts of the world who are interested in Indian culture, aesthetics and movement idioms. Attakkalari conducts regular classes in contemporary dance, martial arts, and other movement styles at its studios.
- Angshuraj Ghosh Official website of Angshuraj Ghosh offering information about Kathak and his profile.
- Mamata Shankar We follow the style evolved by Uday Shankar, which has the inherent grammar of Classical Indian dance and yet is innovative, contemporary and not shackled with the moors of rigid classicism. The graceful body movements are blended with the idiom of vibrant folk dances of India to attain a statuesque quality of lyricism.
- Salsa Bangalore Dance Academy Salsa Bangalore Dance Academy A Mas Campana Venture is a 5 year old Dance Institute from Bangalore. We have had the privilege of having a multivarsity instructor faculty with the likes of , Santhosh Founder, Nancy , Jitendra . We also have a specially handpicked performer team and an assistant instructors team.
- Kerala Kalamandalam Founded in 1930 by renowned poet Padmabhooshan Vallathol Narayana Menon along the banks of the river Nila in the Cheruthuruthy village of Thrissur District, Kalamandalam is an immortal name in the cultural map of the world. Kalamandalam is strictly a residential center of learning.
- Navtej Singh Johar A Bharatanatyam dancer and performance artist.
- Madhavi Mudgal This site is offering information on Madhavi Mudgal, a dancer of Bharata Natyam and Kathak.
- LVDS LVDS was started by Lourd Vijay - a dancer whose first performance was at the age of 3. Over the course of 11 years, he has honed and perfected his art in the professional arena. LVDS has focused on popularizing the various forms of dance. In fact, this style is now seen as our trademark, prompting a huge wave of requests for performances and workshops from the LVDS troupe.
- Cinema Chances Cinema Chances is a portal which highlights the arts and skills of the artists who want to enter into Telugu Film Industry (Tollywood) over Internet so that prospective producers and directors who are in immediate need and search of the artists can get quick information about the artists and can give the roles which cinema chance providers are ready to offer to the artists in the movies.
- Nritya Bharti He also organizes workshops & seminars, festivals, lectures and demonstrations for the promotion of classical dance. Through teaching, performing and choreographing – Chandan Thakore has been actively involved in propagating the art of Bharatnatyam in India and Abroad.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.