HistoryGet acquainted with the amazing background of India through the history directory of India. The online directory of history presents rich information on India including pictures and interesting facts related to the many places of India. The online historic web guide of India also provides a listing of many useful websites providing exciting details about India history. Access the websites on India to get valuable information on the history of India.
Latest Website Listings
- India Culture Provides information about Indian history, ancient civilizations, Indian religions & faith, arts & culture and science & technology.
- Department of Archaeology And Museums Originally the museum was known as "Hyderabad museum". Today it is known as the A.P. State Museum, located in the Public Garden of Hyderabad City. This is the oldest museum in Hyderabad. The Department of A & M, A.P., owes its original establishment to Nizam VII of the erstwhile Hyderabad State. The Nizam, Mir Osman Ali Khan, wanted to preserve the cultural heritage in his state and also took steps to extend the treasure trove act of the British ruled dominions to his state and also created the Department of Archaeology under the stewardship of Dr. Ghulam Yuzdani in 1915. From then onwards the department played an active role and conducted several extensive explorations and excavations. Several Hindu and Muslim monuments were protected and conserved. From various activities of the Department and extending the Treasure Trove act to the Nizams dominions, large number of antiquities and other artefacts of ancient period were collected. The collection became so vast that in the year 1930 it led to the starting of the Museum. the proposal of setting up a museum was accepted by the Nizam and the museum was constituted in the premises of the Public Gardens, Hyderabad. The Museum then known as the "Hyderabad Museum" started the collection of works of the contemporary artists from 1949-50. In 1968 the name of the museum was changed to "State Museum, Hyderabad". It is administered by State Govt. of A.P. There are many galleries devoted to Stone Sculptures, Bronzes, Weapons, Arms & Armoury, Copies of Ajanta murals, Manuscripts, Textiles, Bidri ware, coins, modern paintings, miniatures, sculptures etc. Though there is a vast textile collection it has not been displayed alongwith other objects. By nature, the State Museum is mainly research oriented and has brought out several publications in connection with its variety of collections.
- About history Tamil Nadu is the eleventh largest state in India by area (about the size of Greece) and the seventh most populous state. It is the fifth largest contributor to India's GDP and ranks tenth in Human Development Index as of 2006. It is also the most urbanised state in India.
- Festivals of India Indian Festivals, celebrated by varied cultures and through their special rituals, add to the colours of the Indian Heritage. Some festivals welcome the seasons of the year, the harvest, the rains, or the full moon. Others celebrate religious occasions, the birthdays of divine beings, saints, and gurus (revered teachers), or the advent of the New Year. A number of these festivals are common to most parts of India.
- Kerala KERALA is one of the most graceful lands on earth filled with nature and beauty. It’s a land of the Leal, a happy-land in INDIA. Its salubrious nature is pantheism to the people who visit its atmosphere, here. Every step you make and every breath you take will make you understand the power of GOD and creation. So, awesome to feel and no words to describe. The blissful nature has haunted this piece of land with beauty and testifies that God is real, to own this city. [KERALA - in other words –GOD’ own country] A blessed southern state in India, for man to inherit and dwell with it’s climate ,long stretches of backwaters, beaches, plantation’s, golden greenish meadow’s, cascades and, scenic forest’s filled with gorgeous wild life are the great wonderful environment’s of this paradise’ indeed are HEAVENLY experience on earth for a tourist.
- History India is home to one of the richest and this most ancient civilizations in the world, which existed in 5,000 years ago. This civilization originated in the Indus River Valley, hence the name given to it was Indus Valley civilization. It is the origin of many of this ideas, philosophies and movements.
- Thaj Mahal The city achieved its climax value under the successive reigns of Akbar, Shah Jahan and Jehangir. Akbar’s supremacy had been the most extraordinary in the city's history when it obviously became a leading centre of art, science, commerce and culture. Hereafter, it continued to draw intellectuals and artists to contribute towards popularizing its rich cultural potential.
- AMBIKA JYOTISH It provides the information about Astrology.
- History of Buddhism A young Indian prince named Siddhartha Gautama Buddha had an idea. He thought that you could get off the wheel of reincarnation if you were good and pure enough. He refused to be a prince anymore, and tried to spend his life being good and pure so he could get off the wheel. Gautama Buddha had many followers during his lifetime, and after he died he had even more.
- Sri Vyaasa Tirtha Providing information of the history of Sri Vyaasa Tirtha and works done by Sri Vyaasa Tirtha.
- Thaj Mahal A trip to India would surely be an incomplete affair without Taj Mahal Tour. A symbol of eternal affection, TajMahal Agra is an awe-inspiring example of the Islamic architecture. Emperor Shah Jahan got built Taj Mahal in the remembrance of his loving wife Mumtaz Mahal, who died in the year 1629. The mausoleum is amazingly splendid with marble pavement and beautiful fountains.
- Haryana Providing history, people & culture, important places of visit, new delhi and festival of new delhi
- kalaripayattu Kalaripayattu is possibly the oldest Martial art still practised in the world. This martial art form that originated in Kerala, India, derives its name from "Kalari" or the arena in which the combatants fight and "payattu" which means practice in Malayalam the language of Kerala. The fighting rink is the theatre where the disciple of Kalaripayattu displays his prowess. Nowadays Kalaripayattu is practised more as fitness training and as a demonstration sport, which you can see on tours of Kerala with Kerala Backwater. In earlier times Kalaripayattu was practised as a fighting skill by the warriors in the armies of the Kings and warlords of Kerala. Often conflicts between courtiers and disputes between landlords in Kerala, were settled by bouts of Kalaripayattu.
- India Arts Its Best Opt for our services which assures you the royal travel in the Palace on Wheels. The Palace on Wheels is one of the top 10 luxury trains of the World and the best luxury train in India. We also offer hotel bookings in the leading luxury hotels in India to ensure your convenience.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and His People Extensive collection of articles and news stories concerning the Scheduled castes and tribes who were the focus of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- Taj Mahal Providing information, images, details and other links of Taj Mahal and other great bulidings of India.
- Biographies of Famous People Featuring information about biographies of famous people in which his most well-known work was done.
- Onam ONAM, the harvest festival, is celebrated annually throughout Kerala during August-September. In short, Onam means flowers, 'onakkodi' (New clothes), sumptuous feats on plantain leaves with 'avial'', 'pappadum' 'pazham' (Plantation fruit), 'payasams' onappoo-ada and swinging under the mango tree, days spent collecting those elusive flowers for pookalam (floral arrangement) and evenings dancing with neighbourhood children wearing tiger masks, called pulikkali.
- Punjabispot Chandigarh is picturesquely located near the foothills of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas in Northwest India and is India's first planned and green city which is rightly nicknamed as "The City Beautiful". Chandigarh derived its name from Chandi Mandir, a temple of goddess Chandi, which is located in Haryana. The master plan of this city was designed by the well-known French architect, Le Corbusier and has an unparalleled architecture. Chandigarh is one of the seven Union Territories of India and serves as a capital for two states, Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh has two satellite cities, Panchkula and Mohali.
- Imperial Chola Monuments II Providing history about Gangaikonda Choleswarar temple at Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Airavateswarar temple at Darasuram near Kumbhakonam and Kampahareswarar temple at Tribhuvanam.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.