HistoryGet acquainted with the amazing background of India through the history directory of India. The online directory of history presents rich information on India including pictures and interesting facts related to the many places of India. The online historic web guide of India also provides a listing of many useful websites providing exciting details about India history. Access the websites on India to get valuable information on the history of India.
Latest Website Listings
- Festivals of India Indian Festivals, celebrated by varied cultures and through their special rituals, add to the colours of the Indian Heritage. Some festivals welcome the seasons of the year, the harvest, the rains, or the full moon. Others celebrate religious occasions, the birthdays of divine beings, saints, and gurus (revered teachers), or the advent of the New Year. A number of these festivals are common to most parts of India.
- Maharaja Of Jodhpur Offers family history, heritage, and activities of Maharaja Gaj Singh II Of Marwar-Jodhpur.
- Chandigarhcity Chandigarh also called The City Beautiful. Chandigarh serves as the capital of two states: Punjab and Haryana. It is very neat and clean. Every one follows the traffic rules. The drive by the Chandigarh Police against violators of the traffic rules, through belated, is welcome. Parking is another area requiring attention. An acute shortage of parking space is being felt in some sectors. However, the responsibility for making the city roads safe does not rest with the police alone. Peoples help must be forthcoming.
- History India is home to one of the richest and this most ancient civilizations in the world, which existed in 5,000 years ago. This civilization originated in the Indus River Valley, hence the name given to it was Indus Valley civilization. It is the origin of many of this ideas, philosophies and movements.
- Cultural India A website provides information about Indian's culture, jewelery, crafts, religions, pilgrimage, monuments, music, history, leaders, reformers, dances, clothing, food, forts, temples and wedding rituals.
- Sri Vyaasa Tirtha Providing information of the history of Sri Vyaasa Tirtha and works done by Sri Vyaasa Tirtha.
- The Father Of a Nation Providing information about Mahatma Gandhi with a collection of articles, stories, essays, links, reports and poems on Mahatma Gandhi.
- India Arts Its Best Opt for our services which assures you the royal travel in the Palace on Wheels. The Palace on Wheels is one of the top 10 luxury trains of the World and the best luxury train in India. We also offer hotel bookings in the leading luxury hotels in India to ensure your convenience.
- Thaj Mahal Taj Mahal, the 8th wonder of world is one of the most beautiful heritage site of India. Its a symbol of love. Browse through the Taj Mahal Picture Gallery of PicturesIndia and download Taj Mahal Photos The Taj Mahal Pictures for free. You can use Taj Mahal Photos for various purposes such as Projects, advertisements, assignements etc.
- Matters Of Art Through our features, interviews with artists who have the potential to or already are important in shaping the history of, contemporary Indian art, especially trying to focus on new directions. We try to focus on art that seek to operate to operative from the edge or from the margins.
- Onam ONAM, the harvest festival, is celebrated annually throughout Kerala during August-September. In short, Onam means flowers, 'onakkodi' (New clothes), sumptuous feats on plantain leaves with 'avial'', 'pappadum' 'pazham' (Plantation fruit), 'payasams' onappoo-ada and swinging under the mango tree, days spent collecting those elusive flowers for pookalam (floral arrangement) and evenings dancing with neighbourhood children wearing tiger masks, called pulikkali.
- History of Jainism Vardhamana, son of a Hindu ruler in what is now Bihar, north of the Ganges, sets off from home at the age of about thirty, leaving his young wife and a daughter. He has chosen the life of a beggar, following the ascetic ideals of his master, Parsva, who lived about 250 years previously. Twelve years later he has achieved the high status described as tirthankara. He is the 24th man to become a tirthankara. Parsva was the 23rd.
- History of Buddhism A young Indian prince named Siddhartha Gautama Buddha had an idea. He thought that you could get off the wheel of reincarnation if you were good and pure enough. He refused to be a prince anymore, and tried to spend his life being good and pure so he could get off the wheel. Gautama Buddha had many followers during his lifetime, and after he died he had even more.
- Kerala KERALA is one of the most graceful lands on earth filled with nature and beauty. It’s a land of the Leal, a happy-land in INDIA. Its salubrious nature is pantheism to the people who visit its atmosphere, here. Every step you make and every breath you take will make you understand the power of GOD and creation. So, awesome to feel and no words to describe. The blissful nature has haunted this piece of land with beauty and testifies that God is real, to own this city. [KERALA - in other words –GOD’ own country] A blessed southern state in India, for man to inherit and dwell with it’s climate ,long stretches of backwaters, beaches, plantation’s, golden greenish meadow’s, cascades and, scenic forest’s filled with gorgeous wild life are the great wonderful environment’s of this paradise’ indeed are HEAVENLY experience on earth for a tourist.
- Thaj Mahal A trip to India would surely be an incomplete affair without Taj Mahal Tour. A symbol of eternal affection, TajMahal Agra is an awe-inspiring example of the Islamic architecture. Emperor Shah Jahan got built Taj Mahal in the remembrance of his loving wife Mumtaz Mahal, who died in the year 1629. The mausoleum is amazingly splendid with marble pavement and beautiful fountains.
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar and His People Extensive collection of articles and news stories concerning the Scheduled castes and tribes who were the focus of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
- Ganapathi Deva Khairatabad Vinayaka Chavithi is the first festival to be celebrated by the Hindus. Khairatabad Ganesh is generally known to be the tallest among the Ganesh idols of the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. This year, the mammoth Khairatabad Ganesh will appear seated on a throne, after a hiatus of 25 years (this Ganesha was last seen in a seated posture in 1982). According to the Ganesh Utsav Samithi, the idol is being made on the spot by over 100 sculptors and workers from Chennai with 12 tons of steel, five tons of plaster of Paris and other material at a cost of Rs. 20 lakhs and will weigh 17 tons. It is going to be ready for coloring in the last week of August and the Samithi is using water colors which are organic. The Ganesh idol is accompanied by Aadi Shakti and Lord Shiva. This year's idol is being dedicated to the late MLA, P Janardhan Reddy.
- Department of Archaeology And Museums Originally the museum was known as "Hyderabad museum". Today it is known as the A.P. State Museum, located in the Public Garden of Hyderabad City. This is the oldest museum in Hyderabad. The Department of A & M, A.P., owes its original establishment to Nizam VII of the erstwhile Hyderabad State. The Nizam, Mir Osman Ali Khan, wanted to preserve the cultural heritage in his state and also took steps to extend the treasure trove act of the British ruled dominions to his state and also created the Department of Archaeology under the stewardship of Dr. Ghulam Yuzdani in 1915. From then onwards the department played an active role and conducted several extensive explorations and excavations. Several Hindu and Muslim monuments were protected and conserved. From various activities of the Department and extending the Treasure Trove act to the Nizams dominions, large number of antiquities and other artefacts of ancient period were collected. The collection became so vast that in the year 1930 it led to the starting of the Museum. the proposal of setting up a museum was accepted by the Nizam and the museum was constituted in the premises of the Public Gardens, Hyderabad. The Museum then known as the "Hyderabad Museum" started the collection of works of the contemporary artists from 1949-50. In 1968 the name of the museum was changed to "State Museum, Hyderabad". It is administered by State Govt. of A.P. There are many galleries devoted to Stone Sculptures, Bronzes, Weapons, Arms & Armoury, Copies of Ajanta murals, Manuscripts, Textiles, Bidri ware, coins, modern paintings, miniatures, sculptures etc. Though there is a vast textile collection it has not been displayed alongwith other objects. By nature, the State Museum is mainly research oriented and has brought out several publications in connection with its variety of collections.
- Birthastro Birthastro is providing consultations on various Astro aspects. Be it advice relating to marriage, job, health, finance, property, relations, lucky stones, We helped thousands of Individuals. Services : Horoscope, Janam Kundli Making, Horoscope Matching. Predictions, Interpretations of your Birth Chart. Remedies. Birth Stones, Numerology.
- History of Jainism Hindustan Steel (HSL) was initially designed to manage only one plant that was coming up at Rourkela. For Bhilai and Durgapur Steel Plants, the preliminary work was done by the Iron and Steel Ministry. From April 1957, the supervision and control of these two steel plants were also transferred to Hindustan Steel. The registered office was originally in New Delhi. It moved to Calcutta in July 1956, and ultimately to Ranchi in December 1959.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.