HistoryGet acquainted with the amazing background of India through the history directory of India. The online directory of history presents rich information on India including pictures and interesting facts related to the many places of India. The online historic web guide of India also provides a listing of many useful websites providing exciting details about India history. Access the websites on India to get valuable information on the history of India.
Latest Website Listings
- VISIT INDIA Visit TNT, a principal e-travel agency, headquartered in New Delhi, provides you with the best of travel-related services. It is one focal point, where you are provided with all information about the places you would prefer to visit and explore.
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi Providing history about Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi like the dewan of Porbandar, as a lawyer, visit of South Africa, Indian independence movement.
- History of Thaj Mahal In 1983, the Taj Mahal became a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While the white domed marble mausoleum is the most familiar component of the Taj Mahal, it is actually an integrated complex of structures. The construction began around 1632 and was completed around in 1653, employing thousands of artiIn 1983, the Taj Mahal became a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While the white domed marble mausoleum is the most familiar component of the Taj Mahal, it is actually an integrated complex of structures.
- Maharana Pratap Maharana Pratap, the eldest son of the founder of Udaipur Maharana Udai Singh was born to Sonagari Queen Jayawanti on Jyestha Sudi third day of Vikram Era 1597 i.e. May 9, 1540 Sunday at 47 Ghati 13 Pal past sunrise. Born is Ardra Naksatra, his birth was considered not only auspicious but the astrologers also made the prediction that the child will bring shining glory to the name of the clan.
- Kerala KERALA is one of the most graceful lands on earth filled with nature and beauty. It’s a land of the Leal, a happy-land in INDIA. Its salubrious nature is pantheism to the people who visit its atmosphere, here. Every step you make and every breath you take will make you understand the power of GOD and creation. So, awesome to feel and no words to describe. The blissful nature has haunted this piece of land with beauty and testifies that God is real, to own this city. [KERALA - in other words –GOD’ own country] A blessed southern state in India, for man to inherit and dwell with it’s climate ,long stretches of backwaters, beaches, plantation’s, golden greenish meadow’s, cascades and, scenic forest’s filled with gorgeous wild life are the great wonderful environment’s of this paradise’ indeed are HEAVENLY experience on earth for a tourist.
- Haryana Providing history, people & culture, important places of visit, new delhi and festival of new delhi
- Qutub Minar Explore Qutub Minar, the enticing monemument that depicts the beauty of Mughal architecture. Qutab-ud-din Aibak, the first Muslim ruler of Delhi, commenced the construction of the Qutab Minar in 1200 AD, but could only finish the basement. His successor, Iltutmush, added three more storeys, and in 1368, Firoz Shah Tughlak constructed the fifth and the last storey. The development of architectural styles from Aibak to Tughlak are quite evident in the minar. The relief work and even the materials used for construction differ.
- Kasturba Gandhi Provide information on Kasturba Gandhi, dandi march, quit India, hind swaraj and other old activities.
- History David Beckham: Beckham and his Spice Girl wife, Posh, appear tired of the overseas scene and have made plans to join the LA Galaxy, but rumors are circulating bhind the real raeson for the move. Gossipers are led to believe that the recent reality show has something to do with the deal. Also, rumors exoist that plagued with injury, Beckham truly lnogs for a new cazreer in Hollywood insted of kicking the ball aorund.
- Ashtalakshmi Temple AshtaLakshmi temple is considered as the only temple featuring the eight manifestations of the Goddess MahaLakshmi. The temple was built in the year 1976 and features various characteristics of Dravidian temple architecture. Ashtalakshmi temple and the Mahalakshmi temple in Mumbai are only temples of the goddess that are located on the Indian coast.
- 21st century Indian Art Indian contemporary Art in the break of 21st century is as varied as it had never been before. From the elitist business houses and royal families, it has now entered the drawing rooms of the middle-class buyers and from domestic market it is now traveling offshore to fetch immense; often astronomical prices.
- Delhi Urban Art Commission Delhi Urban Art Commission was set up by an Act of Parliament in 1973 to advise the Government of India in the matter of preserving, developing and maintaining the aesthetic quality of urban and environmental design within Delhi. It developed location and plans of infrastructural proposals like power houses, water towers. Television and other communication towers and other allied structures.
- PunjabTrauma THE SHOOT OUTS BY TERRORISTSMany innocent people lost their lives in the mindless killings by various terrorist groups in the state. Click here for different incidents' detailsWhen you click on the thumbnails to see the bigger versions of pictures, "Fullscreen" option on the browser is recommended.
- Sri Vyaasa Tirtha Providing information of the history of Sri Vyaasa Tirtha and works done by Sri Vyaasa Tirtha.
- History of Everest They highest mountain in this world attracts many well-experienced mountaineers as well as novice climbers who are willing to pay substantial sums to professional mountain guides to complete a successful climb. This mountain, while not posing substantial technical climbing difficulty on they standard route (other eight-thousanders such as K2 or Nanga Parbat are much more difficult)
- Century Arms Corporation Century Arms Corp. is a reputed indian exporter offering a vast and diversified range of arms and armours. Our specialization includes Mughal, Sikh, Rajput, Maratha, Persian, Ottoman, Iranian, Arab, Russian arms and Armours.At Century Arms Corporation we design and fabricate beautiful weapons to suit our clients aesthetic sense.
- Why I Am An Atheist? Bhagat Singh's 1930 essay explaining that living as a realist required the rejection of religion.
- http://www.saigan.com/heritage/index.html India is a land of diverse cultures. The variations in physical, climatic conditions and the extent of exposure to other cultures have greatly influenced the traditions and culture of the different regions. There is an underlying basic factor common to the whole of India, with variations in the practices based on their local needs and influences. Further, the greatness of India has been in accepting the best from all the invaders and intermingling the new customs and styles with the existing - this is visible in all aspects - music, dance, painting, sculptures, architecture.
- History of shajahan Shah Jahan was born as Prince Khurram on 5th January 1592, to Emperor Jahangir and his second wife, Jagat Gosini (a Rajput Princess). In 1611, his father married Nur Jehan, the widowed daughter of a Persian immigrant and the aunt of Arjumand Banu Begum. Prince Khurram married Arjumand Banu Begum in May 1612. She was given the name of Mumtaz Mahal (Ornament of the Palace) when Prince Khurram acceded this throne and became Shah Jahan. However, the succession was not simple and easy.
- Matters Of Art Through our features, interviews with artists who have the potential to or already are important in shaping the history of, contemporary Indian art, especially trying to focus on new directions. We try to focus on art that seek to operate to operative from the edge or from the margins.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.