HistoryGet acquainted with the amazing background of India through the history directory of India. The online directory of history presents rich information on India including pictures and interesting facts related to the many places of India. The online historic web guide of India also provides a listing of many useful websites providing exciting details about India history. Access the websites on India to get valuable information on the history of India.
Latest Website Listings
- Why I Am An Atheist? Bhagat Singh's 1930 essay explaining that living as a realist required the rejection of religion.
- Delhicapital Delhi, the capital of India, is situated in northern India and stands on the west bank of Yamuna River bounded by Uttar Pardesh and on the north, west and south by Haryana. Delhi is spread over an area of 1483 sq. kilometers, 216 meters above sea level and has a population of around 14 million.
- Imperial Chola Monuments II Providing history about Gangaikonda Choleswarar temple at Gangaikonda Cholapuram, Airavateswarar temple at Darasuram near Kumbhakonam and Kampahareswarar temple at Tribhuvanam.
- Saurashtra Rachnatmak Samiti Saurashtra Rachnatmak Samitti is one of the oldest khadi institutions. It is established in May 1948.Mahatma Gandhi - Hon. Mahatma Gandhi ‘Bapu’ has told that the implementation of the social reformation activities is the true freedom. Considering the true value of this statement devoted social worker that played a major role in freedom movement decided to format the Saurashtra state.
- Indian language A Indian language portal providing information on each known Indian Language like Sanskrit and Tamil are the classical languages of India,constitution of India recognizes 22 languages, spoken in different parts the country.
- Sasta Sahitya Mandal The Mandal was established in the year 1925. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. Being a Charitable society, it has been working on no-profit basis. Its main object has been to promote and develop high-class literature at the cheapest possible price. It has published more than 2000 books so far, out of which about 600 titles are available.
- posoowa.org We invite contributors from all over the world. We appreciate your valuable feedback, comments & suggestions, and of course, news from your part of the world for inclusion in the coming editions.
- Khukriwala Handicrafts Khukriwala is a leading manufacturer and exporter of medieval arms and armor, medieval weapons, medieval shields, samurai swords, Khukuri, daggers, whips, armor, chainmails, tomahawks, walking sticks, handcuffs locks and throwing axes.
- Qutub Minar Explore Qutub Minar, the enticing monemument that depicts the beauty of Mughal architecture. Qutab-ud-din Aibak, the first Muslim ruler of Delhi, commenced the construction of the Qutab Minar in 1200 AD, but could only finish the basement. His successor, Iltutmush, added three more storeys, and in 1368, Firoz Shah Tughlak constructed the fifth and the last storey. The development of architectural styles from Aibak to Tughlak are quite evident in the minar. The relief work and even the materials used for construction differ.
- about arts Chakyar Koothu in which Koothu" means dance - which is a misnomer, since there is minimal choreography involved in this art form; facial expressions are most important . The other art forms are more or less religious and tribal. They are Theyyam [The term Theyyam is a corrupt form of daivam or God.
- Thaj Mahal A trip to India would surely be an incomplete affair without Taj Mahal Tour. A symbol of eternal affection, TajMahal Agra is an awe-inspiring example of the Islamic architecture. Emperor Shah Jahan got built Taj Mahal in the remembrance of his loving wife Mumtaz Mahal, who died in the year 1629. The mausoleum is amazingly splendid with marble pavement and beautiful fountains.
- Kerala KERALA is one of the most graceful lands on earth filled with nature and beauty. It’s a land of the Leal, a happy-land in INDIA. Its salubrious nature is pantheism to the people who visit its atmosphere, here. Every step you make and every breath you take will make you understand the power of GOD and creation. So, awesome to feel and no words to describe. The blissful nature has haunted this piece of land with beauty and testifies that God is real, to own this city. [KERALA - in other words –GOD’ own country] A blessed southern state in India, for man to inherit and dwell with it’s climate ,long stretches of backwaters, beaches, plantation’s, golden greenish meadow’s, cascades and, scenic forest’s filled with gorgeous wild life are the great wonderful environment’s of this paradise’ indeed are HEAVENLY experience on earth for a tourist.
- Punjabispot Chandigarh is picturesquely located near the foothills of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas in Northwest India and is India's first planned and green city which is rightly nicknamed as "The City Beautiful". Chandigarh derived its name from Chandi Mandir, a temple of goddess Chandi, which is located in Haryana. The master plan of this city was designed by the well-known French architect, Le Corbusier and has an unparalleled architecture. Chandigarh is one of the seven Union Territories of India and serves as a capital for two states, Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh has two satellite cities, Panchkula and Mohali.
- Kerala Homestays Kerala is India's cleanest and greenest state. Kerala is also the cradle of Ayurveda, one of the most trusted branches of medicine. Kerala Homestay is a unique opportunity for all kinds of travelers to gain firsthand experience of a place. You get a first and experience of the place, culture, traditions and people. It is unlike staying in a hotel and truly a home away from home.
- Festivals of India Indian Festivals, celebrated by varied cultures and through their special rituals, add to the colours of the Indian Heritage. Some festivals welcome the seasons of the year, the harvest, the rains, or the full moon. Others celebrate religious occasions, the birthdays of divine beings, saints, and gurus (revered teachers), or the advent of the New Year. A number of these festivals are common to most parts of India.
- Tiranga Provide information on the genesis, evolution, birth and history of the Indian tri-colour.
- Thaj Mahal The city achieved its climax value under the successive reigns of Akbar, Shah Jahan and Jehangir. Akbar’s supremacy had been the most extraordinary in the city's history when it obviously became a leading centre of art, science, commerce and culture. Hereafter, it continued to draw intellectuals and artists to contribute towards popularizing its rich cultural potential.
- Baba Sai Shirdi Sai_Baba_in_Gurusthan Few devotees of Shirdi Sai Baba, are coming up with a Gujarati book containing some good content. Content like Sai TatvaRatnavali (Essence of Sai Baba’s teachings given by Sai Baba himself) and translation of Bhaktleelamrut (A book containing Sai Baba’s teachings, which was written while Baba sported in physical form and also read as pothi in Dwarkamai) in simple form.
- VISIT INDIA Visit TNT, a principal e-travel agency, headquartered in New Delhi, provides you with the best of travel-related services. It is one focal point, where you are provided with all information about the places you would prefer to visit and explore.
- B.M. Birla Science Centre The B.M Birla Science Center is one of the most prestigious institutions in the country for the dissemination of science and has several innovative programmes in the popularization of science and formal and non formal education and research. It is recognized both as an Institute of Higher Education and for R&D.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.