Latest Website Listings
- wild India An innovator in the field of Indian holiday and safari planning, Wild India, has been the first and foremost choice of wildlife fanciers and holidaymakers for over a decade now. With a brilliant combination of their in-depth experience and product knowledge, They have been able to provide you with holiday accommodation, safaris, packages and vehicle hire services through a process which is both enjoyable and hassle-free.
- The Victoria Memorial Hall Official website of Victoria Memorial Hall where people could see pictures and statues of men who played a prominent part in the history of India and provide information about arts & culture.
- Pearl Harbormemorial The new Pearl Harbor Memorial Museum & Visitor Center has been dedicated and is open and receiving visitors daily! They would like to thank me for the vital role you played in fulfilling this promise - the dream of honoring those who served at Pearl Harbor and World War II in the Pacific with a facility worthy of their stories has been realized.
- National Rail Museum The indoor gallery in the museum is devoted to the display of various small exhibits,working and dummy models,coat of arms,records,historical documents, photographs and charts depicting the developement and growth of railways in India since their inception.The developement of engines,rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications,engineering construction and architecture and the railwayâ€˜s contribution to the industrial developement of the country is also depicted in the systematic and pictorial manner. One gallery has also been set apart to focus attention on the post-independence developements and modernisation of the Indian Railways including self-sufficiency,export promotion and developement plans for the future.
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum The Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum is the one-man collection of Padmashree Late Dr.D.G.Kelkar(1896-1990).The impressive Museum collection of 21,000 priceless artifacts recalls the historic Indian culture and traditions which gently lead to more and more treasures.Creations in stone,wood,metal,ivory,fabric and clay.
- shivajipark The most popular legend deals with the birth of Lord Ganesh to Parvati. Once while Parvati was going for her bath, she rubbed off the dust and oil from her body and out of it created the figure of a young boy. She infused life into the figure and told him he was her son and should guard the entrance when she went to bathe.
- Carnatic Music Providing a guideline to carnatic music on the internet with its ancient origins carnatic music is the great classical music art form of South india.
- Ancient India Explore the people, culture, beliefs and history of ancient India using animations, 3D models and objects from The British museum's collections.
- Department of Archaeology & Museums The Department of Archaeology & Museums was established to manage the cultural heritage of Rajasthan through conservation, restoration, research, publication, survey, documentation, excavation, exploration, acquisition, exposition and to promote cultural tourism.
- Parliament Musuem After assuming the Office of Speaker,Lok Sabha,Shri Somnath Chatterjee expressed keen personal interest in setting up a Museum on Democratic Heritage in India,a museum that he thought would be modern, high-tech and would conform to international standards.Dr Saroj Ghose,former President of the International Council of Museums,Paris and retired Director General of National Council of Science Museums in India was invited to submit an appropriate proposal.
- Gurusaday Museum Provide collection of approximately 3300 exquisite exhibits of folk arts and crafts, like archaeological objects, clay objects, dolls & toys, manuscripts, masks, moulds, musical instruments, paintings, puppetry, terracotta, textiles, and woodwork.
- Sudha Cars Sudha Cars Museum is the first and only handmade Wacky Car museum in the World. It is the brainchild of Mr. K. Sudhakar, a Guinness World Record Holder for making the Largest Tricycle in the World. Mr. Sudhakar, got hooked on to this hobby right from his school days. At the age of 14 he first designed a bicycle and the very next year at the age of 15 he made his first ‘Easy Rider Motorbike’. He tried his hands on a four-wheeler when he was studying in Intermediate II year and created a stunning, rugged looking ‘Dune Buggy’.
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture Birla Academy of Art & Culture at Calcutta was established in 1966 with the principal objective of fostering the growth of art and culture with emphasis on visual and performing arts. In this time, the Academy has established itself as a centre of cultural, artistic and educational activities.
- Amar Jawan A roll of honour, listing those members of the armed forces who died in action.
- National Gandhi Museum A collection of books, documents, photographs, audio-visual materials, art pieces, and other memorabilia connected with Mahatma Gandhi.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya The history, architecture and exhibits at the museum in Mumbai formerly known as The Prince of Wales Museum.
- Art World Sarala's Art Centre Artworld was established in 1997 as a second generation gallery geared to meet the challenges of promoting Indian Art abroad.Artworld has held path-breaking exhibitions in several countries like Germany,Paris,Holland,The University Museum,Penang and the National Gallery of Modern Art,Kuala Lumpur.
- Nehru Children's Museum A project of national cultural association with the objective to impart education to children through entertainment with visual aids and to make people conscious to fight out superstition and social ills.
- Government Museum Museum have various departments & sections including archaeology, anthropology, art, numismatics, botany, zoology, geology, children's museum and chemical conservation.
- Indian Museum The oldest museum of its kind in Asia Pacific region and repository of the largest museum objects in India.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.