Latest Website Listings
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya The history, architecture and exhibits at the museum in Mumbai formerly known as The Prince of Wales Museum.
- Ancient India Explore the people, culture, beliefs and history of ancient India using animations, 3D models and objects from The British museum's collections.
- National Gandhi Museum A collection of books, documents, photographs, audio-visual materials, art pieces, and other memorabilia connected with Mahatma Gandhi.
- Gurusaday Museum Provide collection of approximately 3300 exquisite exhibits of folk arts and crafts, like archaeological objects, clay objects, dolls & toys, manuscripts, masks, moulds, musical instruments, paintings, puppetry, terracotta, textiles, and woodwork.
- Department of Archaeology And Museums Originally the museum was known as "Hyderabad museum". Today it is known as the A.P. State Museum, located in the Public Garden of Hyderabad City. This is the oldest museum in Hyderabad. The Department of A & M, A.P., owes its original establishment to Nizam VII of the erstwhile Hyderabad State. The Nizam, Mir Osman Ali Khan, wanted to preserve the cultural heritage in his state and also took steps to extend the treasure trove act of the British ruled dominions to his state and also created the Department of Archaeology under the stewardship of Dr. Ghulam Yuzdani in 1915. From then onwards the department played an active role and conducted several extensive explorations and excavations. Several Hindu and Muslim monuments were protected and conserved. From various activities of the Department and extending the Treasure Trove act to the Nizams dominions, large number of antiquities and other artefacts of ancient period were collected. The collection became so vast that in the year 1930 it led to the starting of the Museum. the proposal of setting up a museum was accepted by the Nizam and the museum was constituted in the premises of the Public Gardens, Hyderabad. The Museum then known as the "Hyderabad Museum" started the collection of works of the contemporary artists from 1949-50. In 1968 the name of the museum was changed to "State Museum, Hyderabad". It is administered by State Govt. of A.P. There are many galleries devoted to Stone Sculptures, Bronzes, Weapons, Arms & Armoury, Copies of Ajanta murals, Manuscripts, Textiles, Bidri ware, coins, modern paintings, miniatures, sculptures etc. Though there is a vast textile collection it has not been displayed alongwith other objects. By nature, the State Museum is mainly research oriented and has brought out several publications in connection with its variety of collections.
- Amar Jawan A roll of honour, listing those members of the armed forces who died in action.
- The Victoria Memorial Hall Official website of Victoria Memorial Hall where people could see pictures and statues of men who played a prominent part in the history of India and provide information about arts & culture.
- Symbiosis Society's Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Museum & Memorial In modern India Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar was multifaceted personality, architect of Indias constitution, a great social reformer, a humanist, champion of the downtrodden and proponent of national unity. One of the illustrious sons of India, he achieved fame because of his achievements in various areas as leader of the poor, a powerful orator, a constitutionalist par excellence, a jurist, an astute politician, renowned author and the exponent of DHAMMA CHAKRA. It was he who initiated the movement for social justice and equality in India.
- Nehru Children's Museum A project of national cultural association with the objective to impart education to children through entertainment with visual aids and to make people conscious to fight out superstition and social ills.
- wild India An innovator in the field of Indian holiday and safari planning, Wild India, has been the first and foremost choice of wildlife fanciers and holidaymakers for over a decade now. With a brilliant combination of their in-depth experience and product knowledge, They have been able to provide you with holiday accommodation, safaris, packages and vehicle hire services through a process which is both enjoyable and hassle-free.
- Carnatic Music Providing a guideline to carnatic music on the internet with its ancient origins carnatic music is the great classical music art form of South india.
- Indian Wild Life Depending on the area and terrain National Parks provide ample opportunities to the visitors to have a close encounters with the wilds. But what is so exquisite about the Indian National Parks is the variance that they are equipped with. Whether it comes to the flora, avifauna, and aquafauna,Tiger - Wildlife in India or witnessing various wild forms in their natural surroundings on an elephant or inside a jeep, wild ventures in are simply amazing!
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum The Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum is the one-man collection of Padmashree Late Dr.D.G.Kelkar(1896-1990).The impressive Museum collection of 21,000 priceless artifacts recalls the historic Indian culture and traditions which gently lead to more and more treasures.Creations in stone,wood,metal,ivory,fabric and clay.
- Parliament Musuem After assuming the Office of Speaker,Lok Sabha,Shri Somnath Chatterjee expressed keen personal interest in setting up a Museum on Democratic Heritage in India,a museum that he thought would be modern, high-tech and would conform to international standards.Dr Saroj Ghose,former President of the International Council of Museums,Paris and retired Director General of National Council of Science Museums in India was invited to submit an appropriate proposal.
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture Birla Academy of Art & Culture at Calcutta was established in 1966 with the principal objective of fostering the growth of art and culture with emphasis on visual and performing arts. In this time, the Academy has established itself as a centre of cultural, artistic and educational activities.
- Department of Archaeology & Museums The Department of Archaeology & Museums was established to manage the cultural heritage of Rajasthan through conservation, restoration, research, publication, survey, documentation, excavation, exploration, acquisition, exposition and to promote cultural tourism.
- Government Museum And Art Gallery Provides a rich collection of brahminical & jain sculpture, contempoary painting, graphic-print & sculpture, decoratives art, miniature painting & terracotta sculpture gallery.
- Sudha Cars Sudha Cars Museum is the first and only handmade Wacky Car museum in the World. It is the brainchild of Mr. K. Sudhakar, a Guinness World Record Holder for making the Largest Tricycle in the World. Mr. Sudhakar, got hooked on to this hobby right from his school days. At the age of 14 he first designed a bicycle and the very next year at the age of 15 he made his first ‘Easy Rider Motorbike’. He tried his hands on a four-wheeler when he was studying in Intermediate II year and created a stunning, rugged looking ‘Dune Buggy’.
- Indian Museum The oldest museum of its kind in Asia Pacific region and repository of the largest museum objects in India.
- animal and birds Enjoy your virtual bird watching as you browse through they pictures in the photo gallery of Picturesindia. Briwse through the amazing Pictures of Birds and download the Pictures for free. We have also got some amazing Pictures of Peacocks as well, from dancing white Peacocks to beautiful feathers of Peacocks, they have got it all.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.