Latest Website Listings
- Ancient India Explore the people, culture, beliefs and history of ancient India using animations, 3D models and objects from The British museum's collections.
- Raghunath Crafts Museum Raghunath is an Architect/Sculptor who designed and crafted many temples, interior of star class Hotels and many more. And more precisely his designs are very versatile and cost-effective. His teaching knowledge disseminates to his sons, daughters and hundreds of students to dedicate themselves for propulsion of culture, improvement of arts and standards of Orissa Lalit Kala Academy.
- wild India An innovator in the field of Indian holiday and safari planning, Wild India, has been the first and foremost choice of wildlife fanciers and holidaymakers for over a decade now. With a brilliant combination of their in-depth experience and product knowledge, They have been able to provide you with holiday accommodation, safaris, packages and vehicle hire services through a process which is both enjoyable and hassle-free.
- Government Museum Museum have various departments & sections including archaeology, anthropology, art, numismatics, botany, zoology, geology, children's museum and chemical conservation.
- shivajipark The most popular legend deals with the birth of Lord Ganesh to Parvati. Once while Parvati was going for her bath, she rubbed off the dust and oil from her body and out of it created the figure of a young boy. She infused life into the figure and told him he was her son and should guard the entrance when she went to bathe.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya The history, architecture and exhibits at the museum in Mumbai formerly known as The Prince of Wales Museum.
- National Council Of Science Museums National Council of Science Museums, with its 28 units functioning from different locations of the country, holds the single largest chain of science centres & museums.
- Sudha Cars Sudha Cars Museum is the first and only handmade Wacky Car museum in the World. It is the brainchild of Mr. K. Sudhakar, a Guinness World Record Holder for making the Largest Tricycle in the World. Mr. Sudhakar, got hooked on to this hobby right from his school days. At the age of 14 he first designed a bicycle and the very next year at the age of 15 he made his first ‘Easy Rider Motorbike’. He tried his hands on a four-wheeler when he was studying in Intermediate II year and created a stunning, rugged looking ‘Dune Buggy’.
- Indian Museum The oldest museum of its kind in Asia Pacific region and repository of the largest museum objects in India.
- Symbiosis Society's Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Museum & Memorial In modern India Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar was multifaceted personality, architect of Indias constitution, a great social reformer, a humanist, champion of the downtrodden and proponent of national unity. One of the illustrious sons of India, he achieved fame because of his achievements in various areas as leader of the poor, a powerful orator, a constitutionalist par excellence, a jurist, an astute politician, renowned author and the exponent of DHAMMA CHAKRA. It was he who initiated the movement for social justice and equality in India.
- Carnatic Music Providing a guideline to carnatic music on the internet with its ancient origins carnatic music is the great classical music art form of South india.
- National Gandhi Museum A collection of books, documents, photographs, audio-visual materials, art pieces, and other memorabilia connected with Mahatma Gandhi.
- Amar Jawan A roll of honour, listing those members of the armed forces who died in action.
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum The Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum is the one-man collection of Padmashree Late Dr.D.G.Kelkar(1896-1990).The impressive Museum collection of 21,000 priceless artifacts recalls the historic Indian culture and traditions which gently lead to more and more treasures.Creations in stone,wood,metal,ivory,fabric and clay.
- Pearl Harbormemorial The new Pearl Harbor Memorial Museum & Visitor Center has been dedicated and is open and receiving visitors daily! They would like to thank me for the vital role you played in fulfilling this promise - the dream of honoring those who served at Pearl Harbor and World War II in the Pacific with a facility worthy of their stories has been realized.
- The Victoria Memorial Hall Official website of Victoria Memorial Hall where people could see pictures and statues of men who played a prominent part in the history of India and provide information about arts & culture.
- Parliament Musuem After assuming the Office of Speaker,Lok Sabha,Shri Somnath Chatterjee expressed keen personal interest in setting up a Museum on Democratic Heritage in India,a museum that he thought would be modern, high-tech and would conform to international standards.Dr Saroj Ghose,former President of the International Council of Museums,Paris and retired Director General of National Council of Science Museums in India was invited to submit an appropriate proposal.
- Department of Archaeology And Museums Originally the museum was known as "Hyderabad museum". Today it is known as the A.P. State Museum, located in the Public Garden of Hyderabad City. This is the oldest museum in Hyderabad. The Department of A & M, A.P., owes its original establishment to Nizam VII of the erstwhile Hyderabad State. The Nizam, Mir Osman Ali Khan, wanted to preserve the cultural heritage in his state and also took steps to extend the treasure trove act of the British ruled dominions to his state and also created the Department of Archaeology under the stewardship of Dr. Ghulam Yuzdani in 1915. From then onwards the department played an active role and conducted several extensive explorations and excavations. Several Hindu and Muslim monuments were protected and conserved. From various activities of the Department and extending the Treasure Trove act to the Nizams dominions, large number of antiquities and other artefacts of ancient period were collected. The collection became so vast that in the year 1930 it led to the starting of the Museum. the proposal of setting up a museum was accepted by the Nizam and the museum was constituted in the premises of the Public Gardens, Hyderabad. The Museum then known as the "Hyderabad Museum" started the collection of works of the contemporary artists from 1949-50. In 1968 the name of the museum was changed to "State Museum, Hyderabad". It is administered by State Govt. of A.P. There are many galleries devoted to Stone Sculptures, Bronzes, Weapons, Arms & Armoury, Copies of Ajanta murals, Manuscripts, Textiles, Bidri ware, coins, modern paintings, miniatures, sculptures etc. Though there is a vast textile collection it has not been displayed alongwith other objects. By nature, the State Museum is mainly research oriented and has brought out several publications in connection with its variety of collections.
- Department of Archaeology & Museums The Department of Archaeology & Museums was established to manage the cultural heritage of Rajasthan through conservation, restoration, research, publication, survey, documentation, excavation, exploration, acquisition, exposition and to promote cultural tourism.
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture Birla Academy of Art & Culture at Calcutta was established in 1966 with the principal objective of fostering the growth of art and culture with emphasis on visual and performing arts. In this time, the Academy has established itself as a centre of cultural, artistic and educational activities.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.