Latest Website Listings
- animal and birds Enjoy your virtual bird watching as you browse through they pictures in the photo gallery of Picturesindia. Briwse through the amazing Pictures of Birds and download the Pictures for free. We have also got some amazing Pictures of Peacocks as well, from dancing white Peacocks to beautiful feathers of Peacocks, they have got it all.
- Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum The Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum is the one-man collection of Padmashree Late Dr.D.G.Kelkar(1896-1990).The impressive Museum collection of 21,000 priceless artifacts recalls the historic Indian culture and traditions which gently lead to more and more treasures.Creations in stone,wood,metal,ivory,fabric and clay.
- Indian Museum The oldest museum of its kind in Asia Pacific region and repository of the largest museum objects in India.
- Amar Jawan A roll of honour, listing those members of the armed forces who died in action.
- National Rail Museum The indoor gallery in the museum is devoted to the display of various small exhibits,working and dummy models,coat of arms,records,historical documents, photographs and charts depicting the developement and growth of railways in India since their inception.The developement of engines,rolling stock, signalling and telecommunications,engineering construction and architecture and the railway‘s contribution to the industrial developement of the country is also depicted in the systematic and pictorial manner. One gallery has also been set apart to focus attention on the post-independence developements and modernisation of the Indian Railways including self-sufficiency,export promotion and developement plans for the future.
- Indian Wild Life Depending on the area and terrain National Parks provide ample opportunities to the visitors to have a close encounters with the wilds. But what is so exquisite about the Indian National Parks is the variance that they are equipped with. Whether it comes to the flora, avifauna, and aquafauna,Tiger - Wildlife in India or witnessing various wild forms in their natural surroundings on an elephant or inside a jeep, wild ventures in are simply amazing!
- Ancient India Explore the people, culture, beliefs and history of ancient India using animations, 3D models and objects from The British museum's collections.
- Art World Sarala's Art Centre Artworld was established in 1997 as a second generation gallery geared to meet the challenges of promoting Indian Art abroad.Artworld has held path-breaking exhibitions in several countries like Germany,Paris,Holland,The University Museum,Penang and the National Gallery of Modern Art,Kuala Lumpur.
- Symbiosis Society's Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Museum & Memorial In modern India Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar was multifaceted personality, architect of Indias constitution, a great social reformer, a humanist, champion of the downtrodden and proponent of national unity. One of the illustrious sons of India, he achieved fame because of his achievements in various areas as leader of the poor, a powerful orator, a constitutionalist par excellence, a jurist, an astute politician, renowned author and the exponent of DHAMMA CHAKRA. It was he who initiated the movement for social justice and equality in India.
- Saree Museum &S.M.Creation In the world of fashion where nothing lasts more than few months,Sarees rule in the market for generations.This will continue for generations to come.That is the magic of ethic of saree.We deal in all kinds of description sarees.Bridal,Partywear,Designer,Office wear,Casuals,Uniforms.
- Department of Archaeology & Museums The Department of Archaeology & Museums was established to manage the cultural heritage of Rajasthan through conservation, restoration, research, publication, survey, documentation, excavation, exploration, acquisition, exposition and to promote cultural tourism.
- National Council Of Science Museums National Council of Science Museums, with its 28 units functioning from different locations of the country, holds the single largest chain of science centres & museums.
- SF/SPCA Founded in 1868, The SF/SPCA is a community-supported nonprofit dedicated to saving, protecting and caring for cats and dogs. We do this through immediate care of animals that are homeless, ill or in need of an advocate, but we also work to educate the community, reduce the number of unwanted kittens and puppies through spaying/neutering.
- Department of Archaeology And Museums Originally the museum was known as "Hyderabad museum". Today it is known as the A.P. State Museum, located in the Public Garden of Hyderabad City. This is the oldest museum in Hyderabad. The Department of A & M, A.P., owes its original establishment to Nizam VII of the erstwhile Hyderabad State. The Nizam, Mir Osman Ali Khan, wanted to preserve the cultural heritage in his state and also took steps to extend the treasure trove act of the British ruled dominions to his state and also created the Department of Archaeology under the stewardship of Dr. Ghulam Yuzdani in 1915. From then onwards the department played an active role and conducted several extensive explorations and excavations. Several Hindu and Muslim monuments were protected and conserved. From various activities of the Department and extending the Treasure Trove act to the Nizams dominions, large number of antiquities and other artefacts of ancient period were collected. The collection became so vast that in the year 1930 it led to the starting of the Museum. the proposal of setting up a museum was accepted by the Nizam and the museum was constituted in the premises of the Public Gardens, Hyderabad. The Museum then known as the "Hyderabad Museum" started the collection of works of the contemporary artists from 1949-50. In 1968 the name of the museum was changed to "State Museum, Hyderabad". It is administered by State Govt. of A.P. There are many galleries devoted to Stone Sculptures, Bronzes, Weapons, Arms & Armoury, Copies of Ajanta murals, Manuscripts, Textiles, Bidri ware, coins, modern paintings, miniatures, sculptures etc. Though there is a vast textile collection it has not been displayed alongwith other objects. By nature, the State Museum is mainly research oriented and has brought out several publications in connection with its variety of collections.
- Parliament Musuem After assuming the Office of Speaker,Lok Sabha,Shri Somnath Chatterjee expressed keen personal interest in setting up a Museum on Democratic Heritage in India,a museum that he thought would be modern, high-tech and would conform to international standards.Dr Saroj Ghose,former President of the International Council of Museums,Paris and retired Director General of National Council of Science Museums in India was invited to submit an appropriate proposal.
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture Birla Academy of Art & Culture at Calcutta was established in 1966 with the principal objective of fostering the growth of art and culture with emphasis on visual and performing arts. In this time, the Academy has established itself as a centre of cultural, artistic and educational activities.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya The history, architecture and exhibits at the museum in Mumbai formerly known as The Prince of Wales Museum.
- shivajipark The most popular legend deals with the birth of Lord Ganesh to Parvati. Once while Parvati was going for her bath, she rubbed off the dust and oil from her body and out of it created the figure of a young boy. She infused life into the figure and told him he was her son and should guard the entrance when she went to bathe.
- National Film Archive Of India The mission of the National Film Archive of India is to safeguard the heritage of indian cinema for posterity and act as a centre for dissemination of a healthy film culture in the country.
- The Victoria Memorial Hall Official website of Victoria Memorial Hall where people could see pictures and statues of men who played a prominent part in the history of India and provide information about arts & culture.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.