Sunidhi Chauhan is amongst the most successfull playback singers of hindi film industry. She has given many hit numbers with her magical voice. Explore some information on Sunidhi Chauhan.
Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Date of Birth:
August 14, 1983
Mr Biswajeet Ghoshal
- Schooling from Greenway Public School, Dilshad Garden (Delhi)
Interesting Facts About Sunidhi Chauhan
Sports: Gymnastics & Cricket
Actor: Akshaye Khanna
Actress: Madhuri Dixit
International Stars: Mariah Carey, Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston
Most Famous Songs
- Sunidhi sang the English song "Reach Out" at the opening ceremony of the 2006 Asian Games at Doha, Qatar.
- Sunidhi sung for the Hindi-dubbed version of Disney's movie, High School Musical.
- Microsoft hired Sunidhi Chauhan to sing the "Windows Vista Song" titled Wow is Now.
- Sunidhi has studied till 10th standard only.
- Sunidhi is one of the judges in popular reality show Indian Idol 5.
Glimpse of Sunidhi chauhan's Life
- Beedi Jailaile (Omkara)
- Desi Girl (Dostana)
- Dance Pe Chance (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi)
- Race Saanson Ki (Race)
- Chhaliya (Tashan)
Sunidhi gave her first performance at the age of four, in a local temple in Delhi. Thereafter, she began to participate and sing in various competitions and local gatherings. Being a music freak from her childhood, she was enrolled for formal training in Hindustani classical music in Kota with Maheshchandra Sharma. After this, she trained with him for 18 months and continued her classical music training with Mukta Bhide in Mumbai.
Chauhan's breakthrough came with Ramu's Mast, in which she sang the hit song, Ruki Ruki Si Zindagi, alongside three other songs, including the title song itself. After this, there was no looking ack and she went a long way with her melodious voice. Chauhan has collaborated with Indian singers such as Alka Yagnik, Shaan, Udit Narayan, and is known for her popular pairing with Sukhwinder Singh and Sonu Nigam in many hit numbers.
Chauhan married music video director and choreographer Bobby Khan at the age of 18 in 2002 but the marriage broke ot a year later, bringing about a reconciliation between the estranged parents and daughter. At that time, she stayed with mentor, actor and TV anchor, Annu Kapoor and his wife Arunita
Awards and Honors
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award for the years 2007.
- Filmfare RD Burman Award for Most Promising Newcomer in the year 2001.
- IIFA Best Female Playback Award for the years 2005 and 2007.
- Zee Cine Award for Best FemalePlayback Singer for the years 2005.
- Star Screen Award Best Female Playback for the years 2004,2007.