CommissionsSeveral government commissions have been set up in India with an intent to provide effective and timely addressed of issues and grievances. Commissions directory of India provides comprehensive information on commissions handling important issues of public interest such as Human Rights, Public Grievances, Electricity Regulatory and various state level Public Commissions. Also get online access to the websites of these leading government commissions by viewing our website listing on government commissions of India.
Latest Website Listings
- State Election Commission State Election Commission, Gujarat was constituted in September 1993 under Article 243K of the Constitution of India. State Election Commission has been entrusted with the function of conducting free, fair and impartial elections to the local bodies in the state.Part-IX and Part-IXA were incorporated through the amendment no.73 and no.74 in the constitution of India covering provisions regarding the Panchayats and Municipalities respectively. These parts cover constitutions of Panchayats and Municipality including their elections by the State Election Commission.
- Karnataka Information Commission Karnataka Information Commission is constituted by the State Government through a Gazette Notification. The Commission includes one State Chief Information Commissioner SCIC and not more than 10 State Information Commissioners SIC who will be appointed by the Governor. Organisation Chart Subject to the provisions of this Act,
- Tripura Public Service Commission he provision for constitution of Public Service Commission was first incorporated under Article 96C of the Government of India Act,1919. Thereafter in 1923 ‘Lee Commission’ was constituted for the purpose of formulating the principles/terms and conditions of Public Service Commission. Subsequently, as per recommendations of the ‘Lee Commission’ Federal Public Service Commission was established in India.
- Himachal Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission The Govt. of India had enacted the Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998 on 2nd July, 1998 with the objective of providing for the establishment of a Central Electricity Regulatory Commission and State Electricity Regulatory Commissions, rationalisation of electricity tariff, transparent policies regarding subsidies, promotion of efficient and environmentally benign policies and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- National Commission For Backward Class National commission under government of india working for development of backward classes and providing safeguard to their interest.
- Principal Scientific Adviser An official website of indian govt. offering information about principal scientific adviser.
- State Election commission (Haryana) An official website of SEC, providing information about state election commission, constitutional provisions, acts & rules, model of conduct, municipal elections, panchayat elections.
- Public Grievances Commission A forum for the redressal of grievances against officers, departments and oragnization funded by government of NCT of india.
- Information and Library Network Centre An official website of INFLIBNET Centre, offering information about functional groups, publications, services and library.
- STATE INFORMATION COMMISSION The provisions of section 15 for constitution of State Information Commission came into force with effect from 15th June, 2005. However, the constitution of the Mizoram State Information Commission was notified by Notification No.13011/11/2005-IPR dated 29.6.2006. The constitution of the Mizoram State Information Commission was complete when, by Notification No.F.13011/11/ 2005-IPR, dated the 3rd July, 2006 Pu Robert Hrangdawla, I.A.S. (Rtd.) was appointed the Mizoram State Chief Information Commissioner, and, Pu K. Tlanthanga IB (P)S (Rtd.) as Mizoram State Information Commissioner and, when, on the 5th of July, 2006 they were sworn in by His Excellency, the Governor of Mizoram.
- Meghalaya State Information Commission The State Information Commission is constituted by the State Government through a Gazette Notification. It will have one State Chief Information Commissioner and not more than ten State Information Commissioners to be appointed by the Governor. Oath of office will be administered by the Governor according to the form set out in the First Schedule to the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Delhi Commission For Women Engaged in investigation & examination of all matters relating to safeguard of women and implementing safeguards necessary for improving the conditions of women.
- Central Insecticide Board & Registration Committee Providing information about committee's procedures to implement insecticides acts and rules for preventing risk to human beings and animals.
- Sikkim Public Service Commission An official website offering information on duties/ role of the commission, brief history & location, constitutional provisions and composition of the commission.
- Union Public Service Commission Engaged in recruitment to services & posts under the central government like civil services and defence services.
- Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commmission The Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission has been established by the Government of Bihar under Section 17 of the Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act,1998 vide Government of Bihar Notification no. 1284 dated 15th April, 2002. The Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998 along with the Indian Electricity Act, 1910 and Electricity (Supply) Act, 1948 was repealed by Section 185 of the Electricity Act, 2003. The first proviso of Section 82 (1) has ensured continuity of the Commission along with that of State Electricity Regulatory Commissions by laying down that the State Regulatory Commission established by the State Govt.
- State Election Commission The Constitution of India has vested in the State Election Commission the superintendence, direction and control of the preparation of Electoral rolls entire and process for conduct of elections to Rural and Urban Local Bodies. Electorates are advised to contact their respective polling officers without hesitation if they face any problem in recording their vote through EVMs.
- Tamil Nadu State Election Commission An official website of TNSEC, offering information about election, parties & symbols, judgment and results.
- Kosi Aayog This Commission of Inquiry has been constituted by the Government of Bihar under Section 3(1) of the Commission of Inquiry Act-60 of 1952 under the chairmanship of Justice Rajesh Balia, Retired Chief Justice, Patna High Court to enquire into the causes of breach in the Eastern Kosi Afflux Bund on 18th August 2008 so as to prevent occurrence of such disaster in future.
- Madhya Pradesh State Minority Commission Commission is established by the government of madhya pradesh for the social, economical and educational development of minority.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Department (480)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Commissions - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.