CommissionsSeveral government commissions have been set up in India with an intent to provide effective and timely addressed of issues and grievances. Commissions directory of India provides comprehensive information on commissions handling important issues of public interest such as Human Rights, Public Grievances, Electricity Regulatory and various state level Public Commissions. Also get online access to the websites of these leading government commissions by viewing our website listing on government commissions of India.
Latest Website Listings
- Finance Commission of India Running under ministry of finance, government of india for financial monitoring and distribution of revenues between union and states.
- State Election Commission An official website of staff election commission, offering information about relevant acts & rules, municipal election and panchayat election.
- National Human Rights Commission Offering information about human rights act, cases, issues & courses, instructions, updated news, research studies & projects, forthcoming events, publications, etc.
- Principal Scientific Adviser An official website of indian govt. offering information about principal scientific adviser.
- Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission An official website of TNERC, offering information about electricity regulatory commission.
- Gujarat State Forest Development Corporation Limited The National Agriculture Commission NAC recommended establishment of Forest Development Corporations in each State to accelerate progress and development of forestry sector. Gujarat State Forest Development Corporation Limited GSFDC was established in August 1976 and registered under the Companies Act 1956.
- National Commission on Population Providing information about current population control policy, working groups, facts, publications, current events and NCP conference.
- Union Public Service Commission Engaged in recruitment to services & posts under the central government like civil services and defence services.
- Central Vigilance Commission A commission by government for monitoring all vigilance activity under the central government and advising various authorities in central government organizations in planning, executing, reviewing and reforming their vigilance work.
- Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum The Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum CGRF of BEST Undertaking formed in June 2004 as per constituted under section 42 5 of Electricity Act 2003, in accordance with the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum and Electricity Ombudsman Regulations 2006. Any electricity consumer of BEST having any grievance is requested first to follow the Internal Grievance Redressal Procedure IGR of BEST.
- Orissa Information Commission An official website of government of orrisa, offering information about orissa information commission.
- Tripura Public Service Commission he provision for constitution of Public Service Commission was first incorporated under Article 96C of the Government of India Act,1919. Thereafter in 1923 ‘Lee Commission’ was constituted for the purpose of formulating the principles/terms and conditions of Public Service Commission. Subsequently, as per recommendations of the ‘Lee Commission’ Federal Public Service Commission was established in India.
- Delhi Minorities Commission Official website of Delhi Minorities Commission providing information on Department, functions, schemes, citizen charter and future programmes.
- RAJASTHAN INFORMATION COMMISSION RIC is the final appellate authority with regard to the matters mentioned in RTI Act, 2005. It's decisions shall be final and binding. RIC has also been empowered to receive and enquire into a complaint from a person who has been unable to obtain information from Public Information Officer (PIO) or no such PIO has been appointed or PIO/Appellate Authority has refused to accept his or her application for information or appeal under this Act.
- Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission for the States of Manipur & Mizoram(Jerc) The Commission has the power to call any person or undertaking to produce before it documents relating to any matter concerning the generation, transmission, distribution and supply or use of electricity.The Commission is vested with the same powers as that of a Civil Court under the Code of Civil Procedure 1908 (Central Act 5 of 1908) for obtaining information and evidence.
- Sikkim Public Service Commission An official website offering information on duties/ role of the commission, brief history & location, constitutional provisions and composition of the commission.
- Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission The Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) is a Constitutional body constituted with effect from 1st April 1988 under Article-315 of the Constitution of India vide Notification OM-15/88 dated 29th March 1988. The Commission advice the Government of Arunachal Pradesh on all matters relating to state civil services and publish notifications inviting applications for selection to various posts as per the requisitions of the appointing authorities.
- Meghalaya State Information Commission The State Information Commission is constituted by the State Government through a Gazette Notification. It will have one State Chief Information Commissioner and not more than ten State Information Commissioners to be appointed by the Governor. Oath of office will be administered by the Governor according to the form set out in the First Schedule to the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commmission The Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission has been established by the Government of Bihar under Section 17 of the Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act,1998 vide Government of Bihar Notification no. 1284 dated 15th April, 2002. The Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998 along with the Indian Electricity Act, 1910 and Electricity (Supply) Act, 1948 was repealed by Section 185 of the Electricity Act, 2003. The first proviso of Section 82 (1) has ensured continuity of the Commission along with that of State Electricity Regulatory Commissions by laying down that the State Regulatory Commission established by the State Govt.
- Assam Electricity Regularity Commission Deals in regulating power purchase, determining the tariff for electricity and promoting competition efficiency and economy in the activity of electricity industry.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Department (480)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Commissions - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.