CommissionsSeveral government commissions have been set up in India with an intent to provide effective and timely addressed of issues and grievances. Commissions directory of India provides comprehensive information on commissions handling important issues of public interest such as Human Rights, Public Grievances, Electricity Regulatory and various state level Public Commissions. Also get online access to the websites of these leading government commissions by viewing our website listing on government commissions of India.
Latest Website Listings
- Himachal Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission The Govt. of India had enacted the Electricity Regulatory Commissions Act, 1998 on 2nd July, 1998 with the objective of providing for the establishment of a Central Electricity Regulatory Commission and State Electricity Regulatory Commissions, rationalisation of electricity tariff, transparent policies regarding subsidies, promotion of efficient and environmentally benign policies and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House Jawaharlal Nehru Port is one of the 11 major ports of India and was commissioned on 26th May, 1989. The port is situated along the eastern shore of Mumbai Harbour, southeastward of Elephanta Island. Jawaharlal Nehru Port is an all weather tidal port and it is the only Indian port built to international standards, with a high level of automation and computerized functioning. It has a land area of 2,500 hectares.
- Meghalaya State Information Commission The State Information Commission is constituted by the State Government through a Gazette Notification. It will have one State Chief Information Commissioner and not more than ten State Information Commissioners to be appointed by the Governor. Oath of office will be administered by the Governor according to the form set out in the First Schedule to the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Ganga Flood Control Commission Offering information about it's achievements, flood buletins and activities to deals with flood and its management in ganga basin states.
- STATE INFORMATION COMMISSION The provisions of section 15 for constitution of State Information Commission came into force with effect from 15th June, 2005. However, the constitution of the Mizoram State Information Commission was notified by Notification No.13011/11/2005-IPR dated 29.6.2006. The constitution of the Mizoram State Information Commission was complete when, by Notification No.F.13011/11/ 2005-IPR, dated the 3rd July, 2006 Pu Robert Hrangdawla, I.A.S. (Rtd.) was appointed the Mizoram State Chief Information Commissioner, and, Pu K. Tlanthanga IB (P)S (Rtd.) as Mizoram State Information Commissioner and, when, on the 5th of July, 2006 they were sworn in by His Excellency, the Governor of Mizoram.
- Sikkim Public Service Commission An official website offering information on duties/ role of the commission, brief history & location, constitutional provisions and composition of the commission.
- Law Commission Of India Official website of law commission of india working for reforming the law for promoting good justice in society.
- Bihar Mahadalit Vikas Mission In view of these directives of the constitution, Govt. has launched several schemes for socio-economic & cultural development of Scheduled castes. It has been found that certain sections of scheduled caste have been able to take considerable benefits from these schemes and develop themselves.
- Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission The Arunachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) is a Constitutional body constituted with effect from 1st April 1988 under Article-315 of the Constitution of India vide Notification OM-15/88 dated 29th March 1988. The Commission advice the Government of Arunachal Pradesh on all matters relating to state civil services and publish notifications inviting applications for selection to various posts as per the requisitions of the appointing authorities.
- Central Insecticide Board & Registration Committee Providing information about committee's procedures to implement insecticides acts and rules for preventing risk to human beings and animals.
- National Commission on Population Providing information about current population control policy, working groups, facts, publications, current events and NCP conference.
- Gujarat Vigilance Commission Provides detailed information on department, role & functions, jurisdiction, powers, chief vigilance officers, district committee, organisation chart and statistics.
- Industries Commissionerate Industries Commissionerate functions under the Industries & Mines Department of Government of Gujarat and implements industrial Policies of the state and central Governments. The office of the Industries Commissioner continues to play pivotal role in the industrial development of Gujarat &improving the delivery system.
- RAJASTHAN INFORMATION COMMISSION RIC is the final appellate authority with regard to the matters mentioned in RTI Act, 2005. It's decisions shall be final and binding. RIC has also been empowered to receive and enquire into a complaint from a person who has been unable to obtain information from Public Information Officer (PIO) or no such PIO has been appointed or PIO/Appellate Authority has refused to accept his or her application for information or appeal under this Act.
- National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission Engaged in solving consumer and seller disputes, spreading consumer awareness and enabling people to secure speedy and in expensive redressal of their grievances.
- Directorate of Municipal Administration The history of urban local self-governing bodies commonly called Municipalities in Karnataka State dates back to more than a century. These local bodies are again classified into various categories like Corporations, Cities, Town Municipalities and Town Panchayats depending upon the population.
- West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education Official website providing information on examination regulations/ information, school information, academic information, act VIII of 1975 and admission/ allied matters regulation 1987.
- Bihar Prashasnik Sudhar Mission BPSM believes that good Governance and sustainable development go hand in hand. The mission since its inception has made determined efforts to contribute to Govt. of Bihar's ongoing efforts to improve Governance and increase citizen's participation in development.
- Hosakote Hosakote is a Town Municipal Council TMC of Bangalore Rural District. It is situated along the Bangalore- Chennai Highway NH-4, at a distance of 27 Kms from Bangalore. It is administered by the District Commissioner, Bangalore Rural District, Bangalore. The Town Municipal is ruled by the Administrator and Chief Officer.
- Gujarat State Forest Development Corporation Limited The National Agriculture Commission NAC recommended establishment of Forest Development Corporations in each State to accelerate progress and development of forestry sector. Gujarat State Forest Development Corporation Limited GSFDC was established in August 1976 and registered under the Companies Act 1956.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Department (480)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Commissions - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.