DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Indo-US Science & Technology Forum The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
- CREDA-HPCL Biofuel Ltd CREDA-HPCL Biofuel Limited its registered Office in Raipur (Chattisgarh). CREDA-HPCL Biofuel Company is in process of identifying suitable lands for cultivation of Jatropha of high seed and oil content. Immediately after identification suitable government land shall be taken by the Company to start cultivation.
- Governance Now GovernanceNow is a multi-media initiative for participatory reportage and analyses related to governance of all institutions and processes that are vital to public life in India. Currently, we are available as www.governancenow.com, and GovernanceNow, the fortnightly print magazine.
- HUDA The Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) is a statutory body under Haryana Urban Development Authority Act, 1977. This is a commitment of the Haryana Urban Development Authority to provide every allottee/purchaser of its properties:Efficient, prompt and courteous service with dedication, integrity and fairness.
- Human Resource Development Department Pratham launched the Annual Status of Education Report in 2005. Rukmini has been in the core team of ASER since inception and today is director of the newly established ASER Centre. She has extensive field experience both in program implementation as well as in evaluation, survey and research.
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts Principal Controller of Defence Accounts, New Delhi, in short, PCDA, New Delhi earlier known as CDA Headquarters, is a major office of the Defence Accounts Department under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. This office is headed by Principal Controller of Defence Accounts and is mainly engaged in following important functions: 1. Audit and payment of bills for supply of store and services to the Defence Services including in respect of imported store, in cases where this office is designated to function as the Paying Authority. 2. Audit and payment of bills pertaining to supply of Petrol, Oil & Lubricants. 3. Adjustment of Central Purchase vouchers raised on DGS&D. 4. Settlement of MEA vouchers of Defence Attaches posted in different Embassies done through NODAL Agency.
- Right to Information Monitoring System Right to Information Act 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. It is an initiative taken by Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions to provide a– RTI Portal Gateway to the citizens for quick search of information on the details of first Appellate Authorities,PIOs etc. amongst others, besides access to RTI related information/disclosures published on the web by various Public Authorities under the gov
- Commissioner of Collegiate Education Prior to 30.06.1975 Education at all levels in the State was being managed by one Head of the Department called Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI). There was enormous growth of educational Institutions, both at Secondary and Collegiate levels.
- Government of Kerala The Electrical Inspectorate is a Department of the .It was formed by the Government vide G.O. Ms No.28 / 68 / PW. Dated 20-10-1968,The Chief Electrical Inspector to Government of Kerala is the Head of the Department.The Chief Electrical Inspector is assisted by an Additional Chief Electrical Inspector, Deputy Chief Electrical Inspector, Electrical Inspectors, Deputy Electrical Inspectors.
- Department of Environment & Forests It is also the proud possessor of luxuriant Rain Forests. It is a Biodiversity heaven of India. The roars of tigers, barking of deer, bellow of stag, trumpets of playful elephants used to be the music of the nature which gradually is giving way to the cacophony of the rising biotic pressure.
- Department Of Sales Tax The Sales-Tax department is one of the core departments of the Government of Maharashtra contributing in excess of 20,000/- Cr. i.e. about 2/3 of the total revenue of the state government. The department is manned by around 11, 000 personnel who perceive the business community as 'partners in progress'.
- THAKKAR NUMISMATIC AND ART FOUNDATION Praful K. Thakkar, IAS Retd. was with the Government of Gujarat, India for more than 30 years. He has worked in various capacities as Collector, Commissioner and Secretary to the Government of Gujarat in various departments. He has graduated with philosophy as his main subject and is a lover of Indian Culture. He has written a few books in Gujarati on various facets of Indian Culture. He has also written a few Collectors Guides for numismatic fraternity.
- Supaul Police Our immediate vision is to develop a positive and friendly attitude and upgrade our skills and discharge the duties with integrity in a fair and transparent manner. We want to excel in anti-crime operations so that a fear of law is created in the outlaws and criminals and respect for law in others.
- Department of Urban Development Urban Development Department adopted a Citizens Charter in 1999 which set out its objectives and activities and spell out the commitments to the people who had dealings with the Department. The main objective of the Urban Development Department of GNCTD of Delhi is to plan for various infrastructure facilities and essential services being implemented by various agencies.
- Ozone Cell The Government of India has entrusted the work relating to ozone layer protection and implementation of the Montreal Protocol to the Ministry of Environment & Forests MOEF. The MOEF has set up an Ozone Cell as a national unit to look after and to render necessary services to implement the Protocol and its ODS phaseout programme in India
- Smartindia.net.in Bharat Sevak Samaj is the National Development Agency promoted by the Planning Commission, Government of India to ensure public co-operation for implementing government plans. The main purpose behind the formulation of Bharat Sevak Samaj is to initiate a nation wide, non official and non political organization with the object of enabling individual citizen to contribute, in the form of an organized co-operative effort, to the implementation of the National Development Plan.
- State Information Commission Right to Information The Himachal Pradesh state information commission was constituted by the state government in exercise of powers conferred by sub section of section 15 of the right to information act, and appointed Shri Prem Singh Rana, IAS as its first state cheif information commissioner who assumed his office.
- Bihar Police Post-independence, Bihar Police holds the legacy of a rich tradition with the introduction of innovative policing and welfare practices such as creation of a Police Welfare fund, Police Hospitals and Police Information Room in 1952. A Police Commission was also set up in 1958, whose mandate was to bring the police closer to the people.
- Department of Transport Punjab Roadways came into being in the year 1948 with a fleet of 13 buses, which rose gradually to its highest strength of 2407 buses in the year 1985. The primary objective of Punjab Roadways is to provide an economical, reliable and comfortable transport service in the state of Punjab with connecting service to adjoining states.
- Jharenvis Environmental Information System The World Bank Project though has concluded but the Government of India has extended financial support. The State Government is desirous of using the facility to meet the objectives envisaged in the project. Information on queries to Departments, Organisations, Scientific Institutions etc.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.