DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Himachal Road Transport Corporation Bus services were first introduced in Himachal Pradesh by a private company named Lord Clire on Mandi-Pathankot route in the year 1960. Subsequently the King of Mandi State formed Mandi State Transport and introduced bus service on the Mandi-Baijnath route in 1945 and 1946 some transport services were started by the Feudal Governments in different districts of Himachal Pradesh.
- Andhra Pradesh Police Department The officers and men of AP Police Department are committed to providing professional law enforcement services, protecting the rights of individuals, preventing crime, and building community partnerships. The AP Police Department, in affiliation with our community, is committed to serve the needs of the citizens of India by providing an efficient and effective level of service through crime prevention and protection programs.
- Punjab State AIDS Control Society Punjab State AIDS Control Society (PSACS) was registered in 1998 for implementing National AIDS Control Programme. NACP is a 100% centrally sponsored project. PSACS started functioning in 1999. Principal Secretary Health is the Chairman of the Society Secretary Health has been designated as Project Director of the society. Additional Project Director is the technical head assisted by Joint Directors, Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors, other officers and supporting staff.
- Urban Development & Housing Department Local Government, that is to say the constitution and powers of municipal corporation, municipalities, notified area committees, improvement trusts, mining settlement authorities and other local authorities for the purpose of Local Self-Government or local administration.
- Accountant General Meghalaya The Accountants General function under the powers vested in the Comptroller and Auditor General of India by the Constitution of India and the Comptroller & Auditor General's Duties, Powers and Conditions of Services Act. The offices of the Accountants General, Meghalaya have a history dating back to 1910 when the office of the Comptroller, Assam was established at Shillong.
- Space Applications Centre Recognizing the possible role of space communications in nation building, an Experimental Satellite Communication Earth Station (ESCES) was established in 1967 at Ahmedabad (now part of SAC). It was an experimental Earth Station and training centre where scientists and engineers of India and other developing countries could receive training and first hand experience in the design, development and operations of an earth station for communications and broadcasting.
- RANCHI MUNICIPAL CORPORATION Ranchi Municipal Corporation.Doranda Municipality and Ranchi Doranda Joint Water Board. It is the second Municipal Corporation of erstwhile Bihar and the first Corporation in the state of Jharkhand. With 55 administrative Wards, the corporation’s jurisdiction extends over an area. the primary responsibility for urban management to urban local bodies / Governments. Unfortunately, the devolution of powers to ULBs has been very protracted.
- Planning Department Government of Rajasthan Planning Department is the apex body for plan formulation and monitoring at the State Level. All matters relating to the scheme strengthening of State Planning Machinery including reconciliation of expenditure.Dealing with proposals of Forestry, Co-operation, Arts & Culture, Sports and Youth Welfare, Civil Aviation, Tourism, Archeology and Museum, Jawahar Kala Kendra, DIPR, Sanik Kalyan, DOP, Economic Services and General Services.
- Habitat for Humanity India Habitat for Humanity commenced its operations in India in 1983, with the first project comprising of 16 houses, being commissioned at Khammam, Andhra Pradesh. Since then, over 33,000 houses have been constructed, providing safe, decent and affordable shelter to around 165,000 less fortunate citizens of the country
- National Information Centre (NIC) At the NIC Headquarters, a large number of Application Divisions exist which provide total Informatics Support to the Ministries and Departments of the Central Government. NIC computer cells are located in almost all the Ministry Bhawans of the Central Government and Apex Offices including the Prime Minister's Office, the Rashtrapati Bhawan and the Parliament House.
- Jnnurm Jnnurm was launched by the Govt. of India in December 2005 to encourage creation of financially sustainable inclusive cities. The objective of the Mission is to give focused attention to planned development of identified cities including peri-urban areas, water supply and sanitation, ensure delivery of other existing universal services of the Government for education, health and social security and establishment of linkages between asset-creation and asset-management.
- International Conference on Nano Science and Technology The conference will provide an opportunity for students, researchers, technologists and entrepreneurs to interact on the current developments and future trends in the multidisciplinary areas of Nano science and Nanotechnology. There will be separate registration for these work shops.
- Finance Department Annual Financial Statement Budget Consolidated Fund of the State Contingency Fund of the State - Sanction of advances Fiscal Analysis Cell Financial Rules Economy in Expenditure Fundamental Rules including revised leave rules.Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts Service including Treasuries, Local Fund Audit and State Life Insurance Fund
- Social Welfare Department The schemes, which are being run, are based on different patterns. In fact majority to the schemes are being funded out of state allocations. Some schemes are funded on a 50:50 basis by the State and Central Govt. and some are based on 100% Central sponsorship.
- Police dog The first major step forward in the development of the modern police dog came in 1890s in Germany where serious attempts had been made to introduce recognised training programmes for this dogs purchased by the police, army & customs authorities. Rapid progress was made in the field of dog training with the development of the German Shepherd Dog as a breed and the formation on the 22nd of April 1899 of the Verein für Deutsche Schäferhunde or SV (The German Shepherd Dog Society) . In 1903 the SV staged civilian police dog trials that encompassed control, criminal work and nose work exercises.
- Trust Chemists And Druggists Ltd Trust™ Chemists & Druggists Ltd., are a retail drugstore chain, conceptualized on the foundation of consumer needs- everything from medicines to preventive care, specified medications to community health camps. Largest air-conditioned medical retail chain in Karnataka. Trust has entered Chennai with a bang by opening 10 stores on 15th of January 2009.
- THAKKAR NUMISMATIC AND ART FOUNDATION Praful K. Thakkar, IAS Retd. was with the Government of Gujarat, India for more than 30 years. He has worked in various capacities as Collector, Commissioner and Secretary to the Government of Gujarat in various departments. He has graduated with philosophy as his main subject and is a lover of Indian Culture. He has written a few books in Gujarati on various facets of Indian Culture. He has also written a few Collectors Guides for numismatic fraternity.
- India Police.in Owes its birth to the Ramon Magsaysay Award received for Government Service in 1994.The announcement of the formation of the Foundation was part of the acceptance speech.Among others‘police reforms’was one of its main objectives.the india police provides a seamless platform for over one and quarter million cops across services,rank and geography.
- Accountant General The Office of the Accountant General, Goa was upgraded on 1st January 2004 from the Office of the Senior Deputy Accountant General (Audit), Goa. This is one of the field Offices of Indian Audit and Accounts Department headed by the Comptroller & Auditor General of India whose duties, powers and conditions of service are prescribed by the Act of Parliament in 1971.
- Purnea Police Therefore, right to information is embedded in article 19. In the same case, Supreme Court further said that India is a democracy, People are the masters. Therefore, the masters have a right to know how the governments, meant to serve them, are functioning. Further, every citizen pays taxes.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.