DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House Jawaharlal Nehru Port is one of the 11 major ports of India and was commissioned on 26th May, 1989. The port is situated along the eastern shore of Mumbai Harbour, southeastward of Elephanta Island. Jawaharlal Nehru Port is an all weather tidal port and it is the only Indian port built to international standards, with a high level of automation and computerized functioning. It has a land area of 2,500 hectares.
- Indian STEP and Business Incubators Association (ISBA) The Indian STEP and Business Incubator Association ISBA was set up in 2004 as a registered professional body to promote business incubation activities in the country through exchange of information, sharing of experience, and other networking assistance among Indian Business Incubators, Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Parks STEPs and other related organizations engaged in the promotion of startup enterprises.
- Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals The DGS&D undertakes pre-dispatch inspection of stores on orders placed by civil indentors on rate contracts. This ensures that stores actually supplied are strictly as per rate contract specifications & are of proper quality. The Quality Assurance Wing of the DGS&D also undertakes inspection of the stores being purchased by government departments.
- Directorate of social justice and empowerment (Government of Haryana) The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged.
- Building Construction Department Planning and designing building network to provide optimized connectivity to residential and non-residential govt. buildings of different departments. Construction, renovation, upgradation and maintenance of residential and non - residential govt. buildings of different departments.
- Department of Social Justice and Empowerment The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged. Earlier the Social Justice & Empowerment Department was working within a very small area having few welfare schemes. Now, it has expanded its area of schemes and has implemented schemes since the creation of the Departments covering beneficiaries belonging to urban as well as rural areas. At present, the Department is implementing a number of schemes for the welfare of orphan/destitute children, juveniles in conflict with law, Widows, destitute women and their dependents, mentally retarded children, the blind, deaf & dumb in the state.
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board The FIPB (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) is a government body that offers a single window clearance for proposals on foreign direct investment in the country that are not allowed access through the automatic route. Consisting of Senior Secretaries drawn from different ministries with Secretary ,Economic Affairs in the chair, this high powered body discusses and examines proposals for foreign investment in the country for restricted sectors.
- India Police.in Owes its birth to the Ramon Magsaysay Award received for Government Service in 1994.The announcement of the formation of the Foundation was part of the acceptance speech.Among others‘police reforms’was one of its main objectives.the india police provides a seamless platform for over one and quarter million cops across services,rank and geography.
- Income Tax Deparment The Department will be recognised as a professional organisation, collecting resources efficiently, considerate towards its clients, adapting and improving and promoting voluntary compliance.To promote compliance with our direct tax laws, through caring taxpayer service and strict enforcement and thus realize maximum resources for the Nation.
- National S & T Entrepreneurship Development Board To promote knowledge based and innovation driven enterprises. To facilitate generation of entrepreneurship and self employment opportunities for S & T persons. To facilitate the information dissemination. To network with various Central & State Government agencies for S&T based entrepreneurship development.
- Habitat for Humanity India Habitat for Humanity commenced its operations in India in 1983, with the first project comprising of 16 houses, being commissioned at Khammam, Andhra Pradesh. Since then, over 33,000 houses have been constructed, providing safe, decent and affordable shelter to around 165,000 less fortunate citizens of the country
- Human Resource Development Department Pratham launched the Annual Status of Education Report in 2005. Rukmini has been in the core team of ASER since inception and today is director of the newly established ASER Centre. She has extensive field experience both in program implementation as well as in evaluation, survey and research.
- Franchisee India We are a venture of web solution company our company is promoted by professionals from IT, technocrats having vide experience in their respective domain coming from respected institutes in US and India. Our Promoters have used their vast experience in their respective fields in floating this venture. Here is technically the best portal option available to the user best of the features useful for taking decision for investment.
- Indo-US Science & Technology Forum The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
- Commercial Taxes Department the State Excise Department was separated and Department was reamed as Commercial Taxes Department. The department was administering Sales Tax, Entertainment Tax, Electricity Duty and Tax on passengers & goods. It was under the administration of Excise & Taxation Department.
- Panchayati Raj Department Rural development is the main pillar of state development. Rural Orissa has lagged behind in development because of many historical reasons. The thrust of policies and programmes of Panchayati Raj department is on all round economic development and social justice through empowerment.
- National Portal Secretariat This is the Official Portal of the Indian Government, designed, developed and hosted by National Informatics Centre NIC External website that opens in a new window, the premier ICT Organisation of the Government of India under the aegis of Department of Information Technology External website that opens in a new window, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology.
- IndianElections.co.in IndianElections.co.in. gives all the latest information about the elections, results, Indian Electoral System, Assembly, and Political parties. The latest news of Indian Elections: By-elections to 10 Assembly seats in the Telangana region. MLC Polls on Jun 10.
- Department of Technical Education Directorate of Technical Education has to maintain and enhance the quality of technical education by laying the policies, establishing and developing Govt. Institutions, guiding and supervising the aided private institutions, coordinating with other departments of State Government, Government of India, Statutory Organisations and to contribute to the development of industry, society at large.
- National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship The National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board under the Department of Science and Technology Govt of India established STED Project at Kozhikode on 4th Dec 1985. The Project has since extended its activities to all the districts in Kerala. The Project is guided, monitored and implemented by two committees, the Steering Committee at the State level and the Task Force Committee at the district level.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.