DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) is an autonomous organization set up in 1988 under the Department of Science & Technology to look ahead in technologies, assess the technology trajectories and support technology innovation by network actions in select technology areas of national importance.
- Public Works Department Public Works Department Delhi is the premier agency of Govt. of NCT of Delhi engaged in planning, designing, construction and maintenance of Government assets in the field of built environment and infrastructure development. Assets in built environment include Hospitals, Schools, Colleges, Technical Institutes, Police Buildings, Prisons, Courts etc; assets in infrastructure development include Roads, Bridges, Flyovers, Footpaths, Subways etc.
- INDIAN NATIONAL CENTRE FOR OCEAN INFORMATION SERVICES INCOIS will have a data warehouse of ocean related information gathered from various institutions in India, which are involved in Marine Data Collection, Ocean Observation and Ocean/Atmospheric sciences. INCOIS will then translate it into deliverable products to a range of users - Fishing community, State Fishery Department Officers, Planning Commission, Ports and Harbours, Shipping Industry, Navy, Coast Guards, NHO Central Pollution Control Board etc.
- Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority To go beyond reconstruction and make Gujarat economically vibrant, agriculturally and industrially competitive with improved standards of living and with a capacity to mitigate and manage future disasters. The members of the Authority shall hold office during the pleasure of the State Government and shall receive such remuneration as may be prescribed.
- Public Works Department The Public Works Department, Arunachal Pradesh was created on as an offshot of the erstwhile central public works department. Initially, the department was responsible for building public assets in most sectors namely roads and bridges, buildings under residential and non - residential category.
- Department Of Sales Tax The Sales-Tax department is one of the core departments of the Government of Maharashtra contributing in excess of 20,000/- Cr. i.e. about 2/3 of the total revenue of the state government. The department is manned by around 11, 000 personnel who perceive the business community as 'partners in progress'.
- Directorate Of Economics and Statistics The Directorate of Economics and Statistics (DES) is functioning as a principal Statistical Organisation of Government of Maharashtra, which is administratively under control of the Planning Department at Mantralaya. The office of the DES, headed by Smt. S. M. Aparajit, is housed on 8th floor of the Administrative Building, Mumbai Suburban District, Bandra (East), where as the EDP centre of DES is functioning on 4th and 7th floors of New Administrative Building, opposite Mantralaya, Mumbai.
- Planning Department Government of Rajasthan Planning Department is the apex body for plan formulation and monitoring at the State Level. All matters relating to the scheme strengthening of State Planning Machinery including reconciliation of expenditure.Dealing with proposals of Forestry, Co-operation, Arts & Culture, Sports and Youth Welfare, Civil Aviation, Tourism, Archeology and Museum, Jawahar Kala Kendra, DIPR, Sanik Kalyan, DOP, Economic Services and General Services.
- Municipal Corporation Visakhapatnam Welcome to Municipal Corporation Visakhapatnam Visakhapatnam, better known as Vizag, is a port city on the East coast of India. The city is a harmonious blend of the magical past and the bustling present and is home to a peaceful community living in the midst of golden beaches, lush green fields, verdant valleys and splendid monuments from the past.
- Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals The DGS&D undertakes pre-dispatch inspection of stores on orders placed by civil indentors on rate contracts. This ensures that stores actually supplied are strictly as per rate contract specifications & are of proper quality. The Quality Assurance Wing of the DGS&D also undertakes inspection of the stores being purchased by government departments.
- Department of Urban Development Urban Development Department adopted a Citizens Charter in 1999 which set out its objectives and activities and spell out the commitments to the people who had dealings with the Department. The main objective of the Urban Development Department of GNCTD of Delhi is to plan for various infrastructure facilities and essential services being implemented by various agencies.
- Department of Social Justice and Empowerment The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged. Earlier the Social Justice & Empowerment Department was working within a very small area having few welfare schemes. Now, it has expanded its area of schemes and has implemented schemes since the creation of the Departments covering beneficiaries belonging to urban as well as rural areas. At present, the Department is implementing a number of schemes for the welfare of orphan/destitute children, juveniles in conflict with law, Widows, destitute women and their dependents, mentally retarded children, the blind, deaf & dumb in the state.
- Karnataka Home department Home Guards is a voluntary organization constituted under the Karnataka Home Guards Act, 1962 and Karnataka Home Guards Rules, 1963The Karnataka State Police Housing Corporation was set up in 1985 to undertake construction of buildings for housing of employees of Government of Karnataka in PoliceThis is service oriented department and it is basically concerned with providing Fire safety, Fire prevention, Fire Fighting Measures, Rescue and Salvage Operations during Accident, Calamities
- Youth Art & Culture Department Control of all officers and employees, regulation of appointments, determination of service conditions etc if the department and institutions under its Control. Administrative Charge of all buildings occupied by the Department. Acts and Rules relating to youth, Art and Culture.
- Central Excise These returns are required to be scrutinized and checked by the concerned Central Excise officers to verify that the correct amount of the tax has been paid. The area of a Division depends upon the density of the industry, complexities of the commodities being dealt by the Division and quantum of revenue receipts.
- Government of Maharashtra Directorate General of Information and Public Relations (DGIPR) is the nodal agency of Government of Maharashtra to disseminate information to print and electronic media on Government policies, programme initiatives and achievements. It has earned reputation of maintaining dialogue between Government and people through effective medium of Lokrajya, Dilkhulas, Jai Maharashtra and other projects.
- Punjab State AIDS Control Society Punjab State AIDS Control Society (PSACS) was registered in 1998 for implementing National AIDS Control Programme. NACP is a 100% centrally sponsored project. PSACS started functioning in 1999. Principal Secretary Health is the Chairman of the Society Secretary Health has been designated as Project Director of the society. Additional Project Director is the technical head assisted by Joint Directors, Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors, other officers and supporting staff.
- Hyderabad City Police The erstwhile State of Nizam comprised areas covered of the present Telangana of AP State, Bidar, Raichur and Gulburga, districts of present Karnataka State and Osmanabad. Bheed, Nanded, Latur, Aurangabad and Parbhani districts of the present Maharashtra State. Hyderabad was the Capital of Nizam.
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India The vision of SAI India represents what we aspire to become: We strive to be a global leader and initiator of national and international best practices in public sector auditing and accounting and recognised for independent, credible, balanced and timely reporting on public finance and governance. Our core values are the guiding beacons for all that we do and give us the benchmarks for assessing our performance.
- National Information Centre (NIC) At the NIC Headquarters, a large number of Application Divisions exist which provide total Informatics Support to the Ministries and Departments of the Central Government. NIC computer cells are located in almost all the Ministry Bhawans of the Central Government and Apex Offices including the Prime Minister's Office, the Rashtrapati Bhawan and the Parliament House.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.