DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Transport Department In order to achieve the objectives, the transport department is determined to make available transparent and sensitive administrative services with public cooperation in connection with the works, jobs like registration of vehicles , tax collection , pollution control and issuance of Drivers, Conductor’s licenses, safe movement of the vehicles and measures of checking accidents, etc.
- Indian STEP and Business Incubators Association (ISBA) The Indian STEP and Business Incubator Association ISBA was set up in 2004 as a registered professional body to promote business incubation activities in the country through exchange of information, sharing of experience, and other networking assistance among Indian Business Incubators, Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Parks STEPs and other related organizations engaged in the promotion of startup enterprises.
- Department of Environment & Forests It is also the proud possessor of luxuriant Rain Forests. It is a Biodiversity heaven of India. The roars of tigers, barking of deer, bellow of stag, trumpets of playful elephants used to be the music of the nature which gradually is giving way to the cacophony of the rising biotic pressure.
- Department of Employment Haryana The department administers the Employment Exchanges Compulsory Notification of Vacancies Act, 1959, which is a Central statute and the Rules framed there under. At present, 57 Employment Exchanges are functioning in the State, out of which there is 1 State Employment Exchange Haryana at Panchkula, 4 Divisional Employment Exchanges, 21 District Employment Exchanges.
- Accounts General The office of the Principal Accountant General is responsible for audit of the offices of the Civil departments of the State government and also the Central government offices located in the State. Audit of the State government autonomous bodies and those of Central government located in the State are also conducted by this office.
- Cyberabad Police Cyberabad Police Jurisdiction covers an area of 3600 sq. kms. It has a population of 60 lakhs. We serve the communities with the help of 41 police stations and 11 traffic police stations supported by a series of auxiliary police units. The geographic, demographic and administrative features of cyberabad metropolitan area.
- INDIAN NATIONAL CENTRE FOR OCEAN INFORMATION SERVICES INCOIS will have a data warehouse of ocean related information gathered from various institutions in India, which are involved in Marine Data Collection, Ocean Observation and Ocean/Atmospheric sciences. INCOIS will then translate it into deliverable products to a range of users - Fishing community, State Fishery Department Officers, Planning Commission, Ports and Harbours, Shipping Industry, Navy, Coast Guards, NHO Central Pollution Control Board etc.
- IndianElections.co.in IndianElections.co.in. gives all the latest information about the elections, results, Indian Electoral System, Assembly, and Political parties. The latest news of Indian Elections: By-elections to 10 Assembly seats in the Telangana region. MLC Polls on Jun 10.
- Coir Board Govt. Of India The history explains different stories on the birth of the golden fibre. The first recorded history of coconut in the country dates back to Ramayana period.In the Valmiki Ramayana there are references of coconut in the Kishkindha Kanda and Aranya Kanda. It is reported that Ramayana was written by Valmiki sometimes in 3rd Century BC.
- Department of Social Justice and Empowerment The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged. Earlier the Social Justice & Empowerment Department was working within a very small area having few welfare schemes. Now, it has expanded its area of schemes and has implemented schemes since the creation of the Departments covering beneficiaries belonging to urban as well as rural areas. At present, the Department is implementing a number of schemes for the welfare of orphan/destitute children, juveniles in conflict with law, Widows, destitute women and their dependents, mentally retarded children, the blind, deaf & dumb in the state.
- Department for Public Instruction Department for Public Instruction The Educational Task Force constituted by the Government under the chairmanship of Dr.Rajaramanna has recommended to impart 8 years of Primary Schooling.It is to equip children of the State with specified knowledge, skills and values to enable them to become good human beings and productive, socially responsible citizens.
- Planning Department Government of Rajasthan Planning Department is the apex body for plan formulation and monitoring at the State Level. All matters relating to the scheme strengthening of State Planning Machinery including reconciliation of expenditure.Dealing with proposals of Forestry, Co-operation, Arts & Culture, Sports and Youth Welfare, Civil Aviation, Tourism, Archeology and Museum, Jawahar Kala Kendra, DIPR, Sanik Kalyan, DOP, Economic Services and General Services.
- Indo-US Science & Technology Forum The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
- AIFI The Association of Indian Forging Industry (AIFI), established in 1965 was formerly known as AIDFASI. It is the spokesman of the Indian Forging Industry, for about the last four decades. The AIFI is actively involved in trade promotion, technology upgradation, collection and dissemination of information.
- National Solid Waste Association of India MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT: COLLECTION AND TRANSPORTATION Seminar on ‘Municipal Solid Waste Management: Collection and Transportation” was held on 07th October, 2006 organized by National Solid Waste Association of India (NSWAI) in collaboration with Maharashtra, Pollution Control Board (MPCB), Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) and P.G. Department of Family Resource Management, SNDT Women’s University at Juhu Campus, Mumbai. The seminar aimed at spreading awareness on Collection and Transportation of Municipal Solid Waste and to highlight technical solutions available. A variety of subjects were covered, from daily waste collection to skip hire and temporary rubbish disposal, from waste reduction to recycling and everything in between. It was attended by Municipal officers of SWM Cell of MCGM, concerned citizens of Mumbai, eminent scientists, engineers, manufacturers of SWM equipments, students of P.G. Home Science, PG Diploma in Environment and Development, Institute of Science and the staff of various Institutes like Garware Institute, Nirmala Niketan College of Home Science etc.
- Youth Art & Culture Department Control of all officers and employees, regulation of appointments, determination of service conditions etc if the department and institutions under its Control. Administrative Charge of all buildings occupied by the Department. Acts and Rules relating to youth, Art and Culture.
- Accountant General Meghalaya The Accountants General function under the powers vested in the Comptroller and Auditor General of India by the Constitution of India and the Comptroller & Auditor General's Duties, Powers and Conditions of Services Act. The offices of the Accountants General, Meghalaya have a history dating back to 1910 when the office of the Comptroller, Assam was established at Shillong.
- Press Information Bureau Press Information Bureau (PIB) is the nodal agency of the Government of India to disseminate information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements. It is also the Government's nodal agency to facilitate private media.
- India Telecom Department of Telecommunications DOT, Government of India jointly with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry FICCI is organizing INDIA TELECOM 2010-An International Conference & Exhibition from 9th-11th December 2010 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India. The theme of the event is Broadband for all.
- Registration, Excise & Prohibition Department Registration Department came into existence vide Government of Bihar Resolution No. 1724 dated 28-August-1991. Prior to it, it was a part of Revenue Department. The department is headed by a Minister at political level. At bureaucratic level Departmental Secretary is at its head.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.