DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Information and public relation Government of Mizoram With the atmosphere of peace and a new era for development, we strive to promote Mizoram, "The Land of Peace and Progress" to the millions of people around the world. Therefore, the department of Information & Public Relations is charged with multifarious duties of creating awareness among the people about the nation, the state, its history, diversity, heritage, traditions, its development in various fields and its problems.
- Rural Development Department This site has been designed and hosted by National Informatics Centre (BRSC), 3rd Floor, Technology Bhawan, Bailey Road, Patna - 800 015. Contents are provided by Rural Development Department, Govt. of Bihar. NIC assumes no responsibility for correctness of textual or graphical information presented here.
- Jharenvis Environmental Information System The World Bank Project though has concluded but the Government of India has extended financial support. The State Government is desirous of using the facility to meet the objectives envisaged in the project. Information on queries to Departments, Organisations, Scientific Institutions etc.
- Orissa Watershed Development Mission Orissa Watershed Development Mission is an autonomous State level agency constituted under the Department of Agriculture, Government of Orissa, responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all Watershed Development programmes in the State. The mission is intends to provide the required focus, coordination and operational flexibilities in implementation of watershed concepts and approaches in the State.
- India Urban Portal India Urban Portal is a knowledge collaborative platform that enhances the availability of quality urban information. The goal is to provide an entryway portal to urban information, and creates a network, community and resource that provide qualified, trusted, and verifiable information and contacts.
- Disaster Management Department The natural calamities result in recurring annual losses and minimal developmental gains. A need for greater awareness and information sharing to bring the different agencies working in this area to support at the time of National emergency with their skills and resources, which resulted in development of information and ideas through Web Technology.
- INDIAN NATIONAL CENTRE FOR OCEAN INFORMATION SERVICES INCOIS will have a data warehouse of ocean related information gathered from various institutions in India, which are involved in Marine Data Collection, Ocean Observation and Ocean/Atmospheric sciences. INCOIS will then translate it into deliverable products to a range of users - Fishing community, State Fishery Department Officers, Planning Commission, Ports and Harbours, Shipping Industry, Navy, Coast Guards, NHO Central Pollution Control Board etc.
- Karnataka Home department Home Guards is a voluntary organization constituted under the Karnataka Home Guards Act, 1962 and Karnataka Home Guards Rules, 1963The Karnataka State Police Housing Corporation was set up in 1985 to undertake construction of buildings for housing of employees of Government of Karnataka in PoliceThis is service oriented department and it is basically concerned with providing Fire safety, Fire prevention, Fire Fighting Measures, Rescue and Salvage Operations during Accident, Calamities
- Commissioner of Collegiate Education Prior to 30.06.1975 Education at all levels in the State was being managed by one Head of the Department called Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI). There was enormous growth of educational Institutions, both at Secondary and Collegiate levels.
- Government of Kerala The Electrical Inspectorate is a Department of the .It was formed by the Government vide G.O. Ms No.28 / 68 / PW. Dated 20-10-1968,The Chief Electrical Inspector to Government of Kerala is the Head of the Department.The Chief Electrical Inspector is assisted by an Additional Chief Electrical Inspector, Deputy Chief Electrical Inspector, Electrical Inspectors, Deputy Electrical Inspectors.
- Transport Department In order to achieve the objectives, the transport department is determined to make available transparent and sensitive administrative services with public cooperation in connection with the works, jobs like registration of vehicles , tax collection , pollution control and issuance of Drivers, Conductor’s licenses, safe movement of the vehicles and measures of checking accidents, etc.
- Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals The DGS&D undertakes pre-dispatch inspection of stores on orders placed by civil indentors on rate contracts. This ensures that stores actually supplied are strictly as per rate contract specifications & are of proper quality. The Quality Assurance Wing of the DGS&D also undertakes inspection of the stores being purchased by government departments.
- Himachal Pradesh Public Works Department The department is engaged in planning, construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, ropeways and buildings in the State. The department further executes engineering work on behalf of Local Bodies, Public Undertakings, Boards and other Institutions under Himachal Pradesh Government as Deposit works.
- UNCTAD India programme UNCTAD India programme is a unique initiative in history of UNCTAD through which a five-year project entitled Strategies and Preparedness for Trade and Globalization in India is being implemented. The project is funded by the UK Department for International Development DFID and is being coordinated by Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- Accounts General The office of the Principal Accountant General is responsible for audit of the offices of the Civil departments of the State government and also the Central government offices located in the State. Audit of the State government autonomous bodies and those of Central government located in the State are also conducted by this office.
- Urban Development & Housing Department Local Government, that is to say the constitution and powers of municipal corporation, municipalities, notified area committees, improvement trusts, mining settlement authorities and other local authorities for the purpose of Local Self-Government or local administration.
- Cyberabad Police Cyberabad Police Jurisdiction covers an area of 3600 sq. kms. It has a population of 60 lakhs. We serve the communities with the help of 41 police stations and 11 traffic police stations supported by a series of auxiliary police units. The geographic, demographic and administrative features of cyberabad metropolitan area.
- ACADEMIC STAFF COLLEGE The Academic Staff College, Gujarat University has been working for excellence in higher education since 1987. It helps the lecturers in developing their skills. But there was no communication between lecturers and the college after they complete their courses from the college. It is not possible for them to be aware of the activities of the institution. In nutshell there was communication gap between them. There was no interaction between them.
- Heavy Water Board The main objective of HWB was to become self sufficient in production of Heavy Water, but it has also exported 126 metric tonnes of heavy water to South Korea in three consignments and the recent one during the year 2002. The Board is now proud of announcing its capability to supply heavy water of any specification as per demand from anywhere in the world.
- Government of Maharashtra Directorate General of Information and Public Relations (DGIPR) is the nodal agency of Government of Maharashtra to disseminate information to print and electronic media on Government policies, programme initiatives and achievements. It has earned reputation of maintaining dialogue between Government and people through effective medium of Lokrajya, Dilkhulas, Jai Maharashtra and other projects.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.