DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Planning & Development Department Initially the Planning and Development Department was made responsible for the Community Development works till the separation of the Department of Community Development. However the Planning and Development Department continued to be responsible for local development works.
- UNCTAD India programme UNCTAD India programme is a unique initiative in history of UNCTAD through which a five-year project entitled Strategies and Preparedness for Trade and Globalization in India is being implemented. The project is funded by the UK Department for International Development DFID and is being coordinated by Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- SG Certifications Pvt. Ltd. SG Certifications Pvt. Ltd. is a certificate issuing body providing quality assurance certificates to all the interested national and international companies. Our major focus during the certification lies on ethical measurement, analysis and improvement. Assisted by a team of experienced personnel, we aim at building a company's future through profitable operations, innovations and new business opportunities.
- Department of Environment & Forests It is also the proud possessor of luxuriant Rain Forests. It is a Biodiversity heaven of India. The roars of tigers, barking of deer, bellow of stag, trumpets of playful elephants used to be the music of the nature which gradually is giving way to the cacophony of the rising biotic pressure.
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts Principal Controller of Defence Accounts, New Delhi, in short, PCDA, New Delhi earlier known as CDA Headquarters, is a major office of the Defence Accounts Department under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. This office is headed by Principal Controller of Defence Accounts and is mainly engaged in following important functions: 1. Audit and payment of bills for supply of store and services to the Defence Services including in respect of imported store, in cases where this office is designated to function as the Paying Authority. 2. Audit and payment of bills pertaining to supply of Petrol, Oil & Lubricants. 3. Adjustment of Central Purchase vouchers raised on DGS&D. 4. Settlement of MEA vouchers of Defence Attaches posted in different Embassies done through NODAL Agency.
- Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation The Population becomes more than 8 lakhs and the new revenue villages were included in the City. The tourist spots are attract to the people from all over the world. It became Municipality to Municipal Corporation vide Housing & Urban Development Department.
- AICCF All India Correspondence Chess Federation AICCF is an organization that is actively promoting Correspondence Chess in India. It is affiliated to International Correspondence Chess Federation ICCF. With over 500 members, games are played on both post as well as webserver.
- Trust Chemists And Druggists Ltd Trust™ Chemists & Druggists Ltd., are a retail drugstore chain, conceptualized on the foundation of consumer needs- everything from medicines to preventive care, specified medications to community health camps. Largest air-conditioned medical retail chain in Karnataka. Trust has entered Chennai with a bang by opening 10 stores on 15th of January 2009.
- Department of Social Justice and Empowerment The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged. Earlier the Social Justice & Empowerment Department was working within a very small area having few welfare schemes. Now, it has expanded its area of schemes and has implemented schemes since the creation of the Departments covering beneficiaries belonging to urban as well as rural areas. At present, the Department is implementing a number of schemes for the welfare of orphan/destitute children, juveniles in conflict with law, Widows, destitute women and their dependents, mentally retarded children, the blind, deaf & dumb in the state.
- India Urban Portal India Urban Portal is a knowledge collaborative platform that enhances the availability of quality urban information. The goal is to provide an entryway portal to urban information, and creates a network, community and resource that provide qualified, trusted, and verifiable information and contacts.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Indian Ordnance Factories is the oldest and largest industrial setup which functions under the Department of Defence Production of the Ministry of Defence. The ordnance factories form an integrated base for indigenous production of defence hardware and equipment, with the primary objective of self reliance in equipping the armed forces with state of the art battlefield equipments.
- Environment & Forest Department Maintenance of environmental stability and ecological balance. Encourage efficient utilization of wood and to maximize wood substitution. Massive time - bound programme of forestation and tree planting. Encourage efficient utilization of wood and to maximize wood substitution.
- Kosi Aayog This Commission of Inquiry has been constituted by the Government of Bihar under Section 3(1) of the Commission of Inquiry Act-60 of 1952 under the chairmanship of Justice Rajesh Balia, Retired Chief Justice, Patna High Court to enquire into the causes of breach in the Eastern Kosi Afflux Bund on 18th August 2008 so as to prevent occurrence of such disaster in future.
- Kolakata Servicetax It is our endeavour to collect proper amount of Service Tax at the least cost to the public, and in a manner that warrants the highest degree of public confidence in our tax administration. Previously the Central Excise authorities have been conferred the jurisdiction to administer levy, collection and recovery of Service Tax, including matters incidental or ancillary thereto.
- Public Works Department Public Works Department Delhi is the premier agency of Govt. of NCT of Delhi engaged in planning, designing, construction and maintenance of Government assets in the field of built environment and infrastructure development. Assets in built environment include Hospitals, Schools, Colleges, Technical Institutes, Police Buildings, Prisons, Courts etc; assets in infrastructure development include Roads, Bridges, Flyovers, Footpaths, Subways etc.
- CDFD The Centre for DNA Finger printing and diagnostics (CDFD)is an autonomous organization funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT),Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.CDFD receives funding also from other agencies on specific collaborative projects.
- Department of Animal Husbandry With a view to increase the production of various Livestock Products like milk, eggs, wool and meat etc., Animal Husbandry Department has chalked out an ambitious program for the development of various species of Livestock. To improve the Genetic Potential of the Livestock through Scientific Breeding.
- Uttaranchal Forest Development Corporation Uttaranchal Forest Development Corporation (UAFDC) is a statutory body constituted by the State Government. The Corporation was formed for the better preservation, supervision and development of forest also for better exploitation of forest produce within the State and for matters connected there with.
- JUstice department of Government of Rajasthan Justice department identified 201 units under 45 Administrative departments of the Government to create a comprehensive database and to provide information to the State government on litigation matters. Aim of this new department is to assist the Administrative Departments in the State to effectively and economically handle litigation and to streamline systems and procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Depit. Of Employment Generation & TRG. The Employment Services were transferred to the State Government by Government Of India in Nov 1956. In the State of Punjab, at present the employment services are provided through a network of 47 Employment Exchange at different levels controlled by the Directorate of Employment, Punjab.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.