DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT The Registration Department in Kerala started functioning from 1st Dhanu 1043ME, in the Travancore area, from 1st Edavam 1050ME in the Cochin area and from 1st January 1865 AD in the Malabar area. Three units have been integrated to form the present Registration Department from 1st November 1956 and the Registration Act, 1908 is in force throughout the State.
- Jnnurm Jnnurm was launched by the Govt. of India in December 2005 to encourage creation of financially sustainable inclusive cities. The objective of the Mission is to give focused attention to planned development of identified cities including peri-urban areas, water supply and sanitation, ensure delivery of other existing universal services of the Government for education, health and social security and establishment of linkages between asset-creation and asset-management.
- Indian STEP and Business Incubators Association (ISBA) The Indian STEP and Business Incubator Association ISBA was set up in 2004 as a registered professional body to promote business incubation activities in the country through exchange of information, sharing of experience, and other networking assistance among Indian Business Incubators, Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Parks STEPs and other related organizations engaged in the promotion of startup enterprises.
- Coal India Ltd Coal India Limited (CIL) is a Schedule'A''Navratna' Public Sector Undertaking under Ministry of Coal, Government of India,with Headquarters in Kolkata,West Bengal.The improved physical performance and strong financial showing in recent years,coupled with the need for accelerated coal production to meet huge capacity addition that is taking place in the country led to CIL being conferred the coveted Navratna status (October 2008).CIL joined the select band of significant players in the economic development of the country.
- CIC Online Freedom of Expression under article 19 (1) (a) is one of the important fundamental rights which has been interpreted as impliedly guaranteeing citizens to seek for informations from the government. Democracy requires an informed citizenry and transparency of information which are vital to its functioning and also to contain corruption and to hold Governments and their instrumentalities accountable to the governed.
- Department of Animal Husbandry With a view to increase the production of various Livestock Products like milk, eggs, wool and meat etc., Animal Husbandry Department has chalked out an ambitious program for the development of various species of Livestock. To improve the Genetic Potential of the Livestock through Scientific Breeding.
- Minority Welfare Department The Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme is aimed at holistic development of children and pregnant/lactating mothers from disadvantaged section, by providing services through Anganwadi Centres such as supplementary nutrition, immunization, health check up, referral services, pre-school and non-formal education.
- Thiruvananthapuram Development Authority The Thiruvananthapuram Development Authority (TRIDA) was formed under the Constitution of Urban Development Authority in 1980 for the organized growth of Thiruvananthapuram city region. The Authority has 30 General Council Members and 11 Executive Committee Members that governs the functioning.
- Purnea Police Therefore, right to information is embedded in article 19. In the same case, Supreme Court further said that India is a democracy, People are the masters. Therefore, the masters have a right to know how the governments, meant to serve them, are functioning. Further, every citizen pays taxes.
- Public Works Department Public Works Department Delhi is the premier agency of Govt. of NCT of Delhi engaged in planning, designing, construction and maintenance of Government assets in the field of built environment and infrastructure development. Assets in built environment include Hospitals, Schools, Colleges, Technical Institutes, Police Buildings, Prisons, Courts etc; assets in infrastructure development include Roads, Bridges, Flyovers, Footpaths, Subways etc.
- Governance Now GovernanceNow is a multi-media initiative for participatory reportage and analyses related to governance of all institutions and processes that are vital to public life in India. Currently, we are available as www.governancenow.com, and GovernanceNow, the fortnightly print magazine.
- Habitat for Humanity India Habitat for Humanity commenced its operations in India in 1983, with the first project comprising of 16 houses, being commissioned at Khammam, Andhra Pradesh. Since then, over 33,000 houses have been constructed, providing safe, decent and affordable shelter to around 165,000 less fortunate citizens of the country
- Tamil Nadu Forest Department Tamil Nadu has an area of 22877 sq. kms under forests which constitute 17.59% of the geographical area of the State as against 33.33equired under the National Forest Policy, 1988. The variability in climate, topography, soil, water resources, altitude and biotic influences have resulted in formation of different forest communities, commonly known as forest types.
- Co-Operative Department Co-operative Society means an organization registered under the Bihar Cooperative Societies Act, 1935 or the Bihar Self Supporting Co-operative Societies Act 1996. Control of Warehousing Corporation, Land Development Bank and Cooperative Marketing Union.
- Human Resource Development Department Pratham launched the Annual Status of Education Report in 2005. Rukmini has been in the core team of ASER since inception and today is director of the newly established ASER Centre. She has extensive field experience both in program implementation as well as in evaluation, survey and research.
- Hyderabad City Police The erstwhile State of Nizam comprised areas covered of the present Telangana of AP State, Bidar, Raichur and Gulburga, districts of present Karnataka State and Osmanabad. Bheed, Nanded, Latur, Aurangabad and Parbhani districts of the present Maharashtra State. Hyderabad was the Capital of Nizam.
- Right to Information Monitoring System Right to Information Act 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. It is an initiative taken by Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions to provide a– RTI Portal Gateway to the citizens for quick search of information on the details of first Appellate Authorities,PIOs etc. amongst others, besides access to RTI related information/disclosures published on the web by various Public Authorities under the gov
- Van Guards Our company’s vision is to fulfill the expectations of our esteemed costumers up to their expectations. All these years, we are totally concentrating only to improve our quality of service and to see that the client’s requirement is fulfilled. We strongly believe to grow along with our costumers.
- Department of Fertilizers Department of Fertilizers comes under the ambit of Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. This Department was earlier used to be named as Department of Chemicals & Fertilizers. The genesis of the Department of Chemicals and Fertilizers can traced to the erstwhile Ministry of Production in the fifties.
- CDFD The Centre for DNA Finger printing and diagnostics (CDFD)is an autonomous organization funded by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT),Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.CDFD receives funding also from other agencies on specific collaborative projects.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.