DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Department of Urban Development Urban Development Department adopted a Citizens Charter in 1999 which set out its objectives and activities and spell out the commitments to the people who had dealings with the Department. The main objective of the Urban Development Department of GNCTD of Delhi is to plan for various infrastructure facilities and essential services being implemented by various agencies.
- Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab was set up in 1942 at Lahore to take care of food scarcities during the second world war. State trading in food grains was introduced in the year 1956 and the main office of the department was shifted to Chandigarh...
- Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals The DGS&D undertakes pre-dispatch inspection of stores on orders placed by civil indentors on rate contracts. This ensures that stores actually supplied are strictly as per rate contract specifications & are of proper quality. The Quality Assurance Wing of the DGS&D also undertakes inspection of the stores being purchased by government departments.
- Trust Chemists And Druggists Ltd Trust™ Chemists & Druggists Ltd., are a retail drugstore chain, conceptualized on the foundation of consumer needs- everything from medicines to preventive care, specified medications to community health camps. Largest air-conditioned medical retail chain in Karnataka. Trust has entered Chennai with a bang by opening 10 stores on 15th of January 2009.
- Bar Council of Kerala As the number of lawyers swelled and activities increased insufficiency of space felt led us to contemplation of a building of our own. On 29/08/1993 then Chief Minister Sri.K.Karunakaran laid its foundation stone. Thanks to ceaseless efforts by the 5th Bar Council of Kerala and the blue print given by famous Architect Mr.K.G.Sukumaran, a four storied edifice became a reality.
- Taxsmile Taxsmile.com India Pvt. Ltd. is a company duly registered under The Companies Act, 1956. It was conceived and realised by a group of like-minded professionals. They shared a common dream: to revolutionise tax compliance in India using state-of-the-art technology - a concept that was alien to taxpayers in India until then. Joining hands with 3i Infotech, Taxsmile designed a bouquet of end-to-end solutions to help the taxpayer file his income tax return. Taxsmile is the first Indian company having its own tax preparation and filing website, that is also an e-Return Intermediary (ERI) duly authorised by the Income Tax Department.
- Karnataka Home department Home Guards is a voluntary organization constituted under the Karnataka Home Guards Act, 1962 and Karnataka Home Guards Rules, 1963The Karnataka State Police Housing Corporation was set up in 1985 to undertake construction of buildings for housing of employees of Government of Karnataka in PoliceThis is service oriented department and it is basically concerned with providing Fire safety, Fire prevention, Fire Fighting Measures, Rescue and Salvage Operations during Accident, Calamities
- Indo-US Science & Technology Forum The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum, established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in March 2000, is an autonomous, not for profit society that promotes and catalyzes Indo-US bilateral collaborations in science, technology, engineering and biomedical research through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
- Dept. of Chemical Engineering Chemical Engineering at IIT Bombay is today recognized as a leading department in India primarily because of its strong academic programme, large faculty strength and diverse range of research areas. The academic programmes of the Department are the B.Tech. 60 studentsyear, duration 4 years, the M.Tech 40 student/syear, duration 1.5 years, 5 year Dual Degree 15 students/year and Ph.D. programme 8 students/year.
- Department of Environment & Forests It is also the proud possessor of luxuriant Rain Forests. It is a Biodiversity heaven of India. The roars of tigers, barking of deer, bellow of stag, trumpets of playful elephants used to be the music of the nature which gradually is giving way to the cacophony of the rising biotic pressure.
- RANCHI MUNICIPAL CORPORATION Ranchi Municipal Corporation.Doranda Municipality and Ranchi Doranda Joint Water Board. It is the second Municipal Corporation of erstwhile Bihar and the first Corporation in the state of Jharkhand. With 55 administrative Wards, the corporation’s jurisdiction extends over an area. the primary responsibility for urban management to urban local bodies / Governments. Unfortunately, the devolution of powers to ULBs has been very protracted.
- Accountant General The Office of the Accountant General, Goa was upgraded on 1st January 2004 from the Office of the Senior Deputy Accountant General (Audit), Goa. This is one of the field Offices of Indian Audit and Accounts Department headed by the Comptroller & Auditor General of India whose duties, powers and conditions of service are prescribed by the Act of Parliament in 1971.
- Coimbatore BDS MSMEs play a vital role in the Indian economy. The sector has proved to be appropriate to address the national priorities of employment, removing poverty and regional imbalances. Government of India has been taking proactive steps in the direction of strengthening the competency of Indian MSMEs.
- Depit. Of Employment Generation & TRG. The Employment Services were transferred to the State Government by Government Of India in Nov 1956. In the State of Punjab, at present the employment services are provided through a network of 47 Employment Exchange at different levels controlled by the Directorate of Employment, Punjab.
- ICCMS09 Third International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS-09) is being organized at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India (IITB) on 1-5 December 2009
- Environment & Forest Department Maintenance of environmental stability and ecological balance. Encourage efficient utilization of wood and to maximize wood substitution. Massive time - bound programme of forestation and tree planting. Encourage efficient utilization of wood and to maximize wood substitution.
- Delhi International Renewable Energy Conference 2010 The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is the nodal Ministry of the Government of India at the national level for all matters relating to new and renewable energy. It undertakes policy making, planning, promotion and co-ordination functions relating to all aspects of renewable energy, including fiscal and financial incentives, creation of industrial capacity, promotion of demonstration & commercial programmes, R&D and technology development, intellectual property protection, human resource development and international relations.
- Custom Duty Custom Department in any country plays an important role in controlling the illegal imports and exports of goods. Every country has a separate custom rules and regulation in which export or import of certain goods may be restricted or forbidden.The customs department is quite different from immigration department and one should not confuse between these two.
- Tamil Nadu Forest Department Tamil Nadu has an area of 22877 sq. kms under forests which constitute 17.59% of the geographical area of the State as against 33.33equired under the National Forest Policy, 1988. The variability in climate, topography, soil, water resources, altitude and biotic influences have resulted in formation of different forest communities, commonly known as forest types.
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board The FIPB (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) is a government body that offers a single window clearance for proposals on foreign direct investment in the country that are not allowed access through the automatic route. Consisting of Senior Secretaries drawn from different ministries with Secretary ,Economic Affairs in the chair, this high powered body discusses and examines proposals for foreign investment in the country for restricted sectors.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.