DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- ICCMS09 Third International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS-09) is being organized at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India (IITB) on 1-5 December 2009
- Directorate of social justice and empowerment (Government of Haryana) The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged.
- Habitat for Humanity India Habitat for Humanity commenced its operations in India in 1983, with the first project comprising of 16 houses, being commissioned at Khammam, Andhra Pradesh. Since then, over 33,000 houses have been constructed, providing safe, decent and affordable shelter to around 165,000 less fortunate citizens of the country
- Social Welfare Governement Of Meghalaya Constituted as an Independent Directorate in 1974. Deals with Human Resource Index and Development. Falls under three Ministry of Government of India – Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Customs House Jawaharlal Nehru Port is one of the 11 major ports of India and was commissioned on 26th May, 1989. The port is situated along the eastern shore of Mumbai Harbour, southeastward of Elephanta Island. Jawaharlal Nehru Port is an all weather tidal port and it is the only Indian port built to international standards, with a high level of automation and computerized functioning. It has a land area of 2,500 hectares.
- Kerala Forest Development Corporation Ltd. The National Commission on Agricultural (NCA) has suggested setting up of Forest Development Corporation in every state which will be able to raise institutional finance for raising man-made forests so as to meet the domestic and industrial needs of Forest produce and re-clothe the degraded forest areas and bring them under productive use.
- Accountants General The office was re-organised in Februray 1981 on departmental basis into two units, each under an Accountant General - Accountant General I and Accountant General II. These offices were bifurcated in March 1984 into two distinct offices with separate cadres to deal with audit and accounting functions.
- Housing and Environment Department The Department of Housing and Environment, Government of Madhya Pradesh, addresses the twin important issues of Human Habitation and Environment in the State. The Department strives to achieve its objectives of planned development, sustainable environment, creation of urban infrastructure and housing stock through statutory bodies and autonomous institutions committed to their objectives.
- Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation The Population becomes more than 8 lakhs and the new revenue villages were included in the City. The tourist spots are attract to the people from all over the world. It became Municipality to Municipal Corporation vide Housing & Urban Development Department.
- Trust Chemists And Druggists Ltd Trust™ Chemists & Druggists Ltd., are a retail drugstore chain, conceptualized on the foundation of consumer needs- everything from medicines to preventive care, specified medications to community health camps. Largest air-conditioned medical retail chain in Karnataka. Trust has entered Chennai with a bang by opening 10 stores on 15th of January 2009.
- Commercial Taxes Department the State Excise Department was separated and Department was reamed as Commercial Taxes Department. The department was administering Sales Tax, Entertainment Tax, Electricity Duty and Tax on passengers & goods. It was under the administration of Excise & Taxation Department.
- Human Resource Development Department Pratham launched the Annual Status of Education Report in 2005. Rukmini has been in the core team of ASER since inception and today is director of the newly established ASER Centre. She has extensive field experience both in program implementation as well as in evaluation, survey and research.
- Andhra Pradesh Dairy Development Cooperative Federation Ltd. APDDCF, as an enterprise of farmers for Dairy Development, had its genesis in 1981, with a three tier cooperative structure. It Provides mechanism for regular timely pickup of milk. It Ensures minimum support price to the farmers. Ensure availability of milk and milk products at reasonable price.
- Dept. of Chemical Engineering Chemical Engineering at IIT Bombay is today recognized as a leading department in India primarily because of its strong academic programme, large faculty strength and diverse range of research areas. The academic programmes of the Department are the B.Tech. 60 studentsyear, duration 4 years, the M.Tech 40 student/syear, duration 1.5 years, 5 year Dual Degree 15 students/year and Ph.D. programme 8 students/year.
- Information and public relation Government of Mizoram With the atmosphere of peace and a new era for development, we strive to promote Mizoram, "The Land of Peace and Progress" to the millions of people around the world. Therefore, the department of Information & Public Relations is charged with multifarious duties of creating awareness among the people about the nation, the state, its history, diversity, heritage, traditions, its development in various fields and its problems.
- National Science Centre, Delhi The National Science Centre is a constituent unit of the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) which is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Culture of the Government of India. It is a pioneering institute engaged in the popularization of science among the people of the northern part of India in general and among the students in particular.
- Punjab State AIDS Control Society Punjab State AIDS Control Society (PSACS) was registered in 1998 for implementing National AIDS Control Programme. NACP is a 100% centrally sponsored project. PSACS started functioning in 1999. Principal Secretary Health is the Chairman of the Society Secretary Health has been designated as Project Director of the society. Additional Project Director is the technical head assisted by Joint Directors, Deputy Directors, Assistant Directors, other officers and supporting staff.
- Jammu Kashmir Police Militants tried to sneak in to the house of Abdul Gani Dar district president Congress-I resident of Rohama Pulwama, falling under the jurisdiction of police station Rajpora. Personnel Security officers attached with the district president challenged the intruders with his service rifle. One militant who was later identified as Aslam Kalas @ Janbaz son of Alam Kalas resident of Nasarpora Keller of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit got killed while another militant got injured in the shoot out.
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board The FIPB (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) is a government body that offers a single window clearance for proposals on foreign direct investment in the country that are not allowed access through the automatic route. Consisting of Senior Secretaries drawn from different ministries with Secretary ,Economic Affairs in the chair, this high powered body discusses and examines proposals for foreign investment in the country for restricted sectors.
- MANIPUR POLICE COMPUTER CENTRE There was no formal policing in Manipur, as such, before the arrival of the British on the scene. There was a system known as the “Lallup System”, which meant free labour of the people to the King. The people were allotted a plot of land for which they were not required to pay revenue, instead had to serve the state 3 months in a year, or 10 days in every 40 days, to be precise
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.