DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- CIC Online Freedom of Expression under article 19 (1) (a) is one of the important fundamental rights which has been interpreted as impliedly guaranteeing citizens to seek for informations from the government. Democracy requires an informed citizenry and transparency of information which are vital to its functioning and also to contain corruption and to hold Governments and their instrumentalities accountable to the governed.
- Coal India Ltd Coal India Limited (CIL) is a Schedule'A''Navratna' Public Sector Undertaking under Ministry of Coal, Government of India,with Headquarters in Kolkata,West Bengal.The improved physical performance and strong financial showing in recent years,coupled with the need for accelerated coal production to meet huge capacity addition that is taking place in the country led to CIL being conferred the coveted Navratna status (October 2008).CIL joined the select band of significant players in the economic development of the country.
- PANJAB POLICE Punjab Police has had an extremely proud history and the legend of keeping duty before self. Even before Independence, Punjab Police had a name in the country for effective policing and this has been continuously improving through the personal examples of its leadership supported by great traditions, discipline, and highly professional attitude.
- Foreign Investment Promotion Board The FIPB (Foreign Investment Promotion Board) is a government body that offers a single window clearance for proposals on foreign direct investment in the country that are not allowed access through the automatic route. Consisting of Senior Secretaries drawn from different ministries with Secretary ,Economic Affairs in the chair, this high powered body discusses and examines proposals for foreign investment in the country for restricted sectors.
- Rural Development Department Rural development and poverty alleviation have been the major areas of concern and thrust for the nation since independence. Development Blocks were created and considered pivotal for planning and implementation of various rural development schemes. In order to provide guaranteed wage employment to the needy persons in rural areas.
- India Telecom Department of Telecommunications DOT, Government of India jointly with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry FICCI is organizing INDIA TELECOM 2010-An International Conference & Exhibition from 9th-11th December 2010 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India. The theme of the event is Broadband for all.
- Tamil Nadu Forest Department Tamil Nadu has an area of 22877 sq. kms under forests which constitute 17.59% of the geographical area of the State as against 33.33equired under the National Forest Policy, 1988. The variability in climate, topography, soil, water resources, altitude and biotic influences have resulted in formation of different forest communities, commonly known as forest types.
- National Portal Secretariat This is the Official Portal of the Indian Government, designed, developed and hosted by National Informatics Centre NIC External website that opens in a new window, the premier ICT Organisation of the Government of India under the aegis of Department of Information Technology External website that opens in a new window, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology.
- Punjab Forest & Wildlife Preservation In a state where Agriculture is the predominant land use, Punjab Forest & Wildlife Preservation Department is making efforts to increase the forest / tree cover in accordance with the National Forest Policy. The Department encourages farmers to take-up agro-forestry on their farm lands by providing technical guidance for plantation of tree species of economic importance.
- Ozone Cell The Government of India has entrusted the work relating to ozone layer protection and implementation of the Montreal Protocol to the Ministry of Environment & Forests MOEF. The MOEF has set up an Ozone Cell as a national unit to look after and to render necessary services to implement the Protocol and its ODS phaseout programme in India
- Dept of Food & Civil Supplies Arunachal Pradesh, the land of rising sun is spread over an area of 83,743 sq km. It has common international boundary with Bhutan, China and Myanmar. It has also common boundary with its neighbouring states of Assam and Nagaland. The vastness of the state having limited surface communication has at times put challenging task before the Food & Civil Supply department, especially during monsoon season when surface communications get disrupted.
- Department of Social Justice and Empowerment The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged. Earlier the Social Justice & Empowerment Department was working within a very small area having few welfare schemes. Now, it has expanded its area of schemes and has implemented schemes since the creation of the Departments covering beneficiaries belonging to urban as well as rural areas. At present, the Department is implementing a number of schemes for the welfare of orphan/destitute children, juveniles in conflict with law, Widows, destitute women and their dependents, mentally retarded children, the blind, deaf & dumb in the state.
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India The vision of SAI India represents what we aspire to become: We strive to be a global leader and initiator of national and international best practices in public sector auditing and accounting and recognised for independent, credible, balanced and timely reporting on public finance and governance. Our core values are the guiding beacons for all that we do and give us the benchmarks for assessing our performance.
- Accountant General The Office of the Accountant General, Nagaland came into existence in the year 1973. Subsequently, with the restructuring of the offices in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department, with effect from 1st April 1984, the office of the Accountant General (Audit) and the office of the Senior Deputy Accountant General (A&E) were created, both functioning under the overall control of the Accountant General (Audit), Nagaland, Kohima.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Indian Ordnance Factories is the oldest and largest industrial setup which functions under the Department of Defence Production of the Ministry of Defence. The ordnance factories form an integrated base for indigenous production of defence hardware and equipment, with the primary objective of self reliance in equipping the armed forces with state of the art battlefield equipments.
- National Solid Waste Association of India MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT: COLLECTION AND TRANSPORTATION Seminar on ‘Municipal Solid Waste Management: Collection and Transportation” was held on 07th October, 2006 organized by National Solid Waste Association of India (NSWAI) in collaboration with Maharashtra, Pollution Control Board (MPCB), Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) and P.G. Department of Family Resource Management, SNDT Women’s University at Juhu Campus, Mumbai. The seminar aimed at spreading awareness on Collection and Transportation of Municipal Solid Waste and to highlight technical solutions available. A variety of subjects were covered, from daily waste collection to skip hire and temporary rubbish disposal, from waste reduction to recycling and everything in between. It was attended by Municipal officers of SWM Cell of MCGM, concerned citizens of Mumbai, eminent scientists, engineers, manufacturers of SWM equipments, students of P.G. Home Science, PG Diploma in Environment and Development, Institute of Science and the staff of various Institutes like Garware Institute, Nirmala Niketan College of Home Science etc.
- Income Tax Deparment The Department will be recognised as a professional organisation, collecting resources efficiently, considerate towards its clients, adapting and improving and promoting voluntary compliance.To promote compliance with our direct tax laws, through caring taxpayer service and strict enforcement and thus realize maximum resources for the Nation.
- Department of Education The Department of Education (S) is one the major departments of the Government of Manipur and looks after the school education in the state. At the government level, it is led by Hon'ble Minister of Education, Shri L. Jayantakumar Singh with Shri P.K Singh, Commissioner, Education (S) as the head of the administration.
- Directorate of social justice and empowerment (Government of Haryana) The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged.
- Department for Public Instruction Department for Public Instruction The Educational Task Force constituted by the Government under the chairmanship of Dr.Rajaramanna has recommended to impart 8 years of Primary Schooling.It is to equip children of the State with specified knowledge, skills and values to enable them to become good human beings and productive, socially responsible citizens.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.