DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Department of Transport Punjab Roadways came into being in the year 1948 with a fleet of 13 buses, which rose gradually to its highest strength of 2407 buses in the year 1985. The primary objective of Punjab Roadways is to provide an economical, reliable and comfortable transport service in the state of Punjab with connecting service to adjoining states.
- Transport Department In order to achieve the objectives, the transport department is determined to make available transparent and sensitive administrative services with public cooperation in connection with the works, jobs like registration of vehicles , tax collection , pollution control and issuance of Drivers, Conductor’s licenses, safe movement of the vehicles and measures of checking accidents, etc.
- Noida Special Economic Zone India is one of world’s largest industrialized nations with a sizable pool of technically trained and committed manpower, sound legal system, strong political will and institutional framework based on western business models. Since liberalization in 1991, it has emerged as an ideal location for setting up business ventures for export production. Amongst various schemes for export promotion, the scheme for setting up SEZs / EOUs has achieved remarkable success. This is evident from the fact that the share of SEZ units / Export Oriented Units (EOUs) in the national exports has gone up from 10 percent in 2004-05 to about 22 percent in 2008-09.
- Culture Department Orissa is the bastion of rich cultural heritage with its historical monuments, archaeological sites, traditional arts, sculpture, dance and music. From the time immemorial Orissa attracts a large number of scholars, artists and tourists. The Department of Culture looks forward for the systematic and comprehensive promotion in the field of art and culture in the State.
- Shillong Municipal Board The shillong was upgraded from station to Municipality and the Lieutenant Governor agreed sanction and extension of the Bengal Municipal Act in Shillong Municipality on 01-01-1911 and on 1917 the area within the Municipal area included not only British portion but the Mylliem State portion also.
- Governance Now GovernanceNow is a multi-media initiative for participatory reportage and analyses related to governance of all institutions and processes that are vital to public life in India. Currently, we are available as www.governancenow.com, and GovernanceNow, the fortnightly print magazine.
- Bihar Police Post-independence, Bihar Police holds the legacy of a rich tradition with the introduction of innovative policing and welfare practices such as creation of a Police Welfare fund, Police Hospitals and Police Information Room in 1952. A Police Commission was also set up in 1958, whose mandate was to bring the police closer to the people.
- State Institute of Educational Management And Training The Kothari Commission Report says, The realization of the country's aspirations involves changes in the knowledge, skills, interests and values of the people as a whole though the sound system of education. This is possible only through educational management.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Indian Ordnance Factories is the oldest and largest industrial setup which functions under the Department of Defence Production of the Ministry of Defence. The ordnance factories form an integrated base for indigenous production of defence hardware and equipment, with the primary objective of self reliance in equipping the armed forces with state of the art battlefield equipments.
- Center for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics CDFD is an autonomous organization funded by the Department of Biotechnology DBT, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. CDFD receives funding also from other agencies on specific collaborative projects. In addition, DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics services provided by the centre support some of the activities.
- Directorate Of Economics and Statistics The Directorate of Economics and Statistics (DES) is functioning as a principal Statistical Organisation of Government of Maharashtra, which is administratively under control of the Planning Department at Mantralaya. The office of the DES, headed by Smt. S. M. Aparajit, is housed on 8th floor of the Administrative Building, Mumbai Suburban District, Bandra (East), where as the EDP centre of DES is functioning on 4th and 7th floors of New Administrative Building, opposite Mantralaya, Mumbai.
- Principal Controller of Defence Accounts Principal Controller of Defence Accounts, New Delhi, in short, PCDA, New Delhi earlier known as CDA Headquarters, is a major office of the Defence Accounts Department under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. This office is headed by Principal Controller of Defence Accounts and is mainly engaged in following important functions: 1. Audit and payment of bills for supply of store and services to the Defence Services including in respect of imported store, in cases where this office is designated to function as the Paying Authority. 2. Audit and payment of bills pertaining to supply of Petrol, Oil & Lubricants. 3. Adjustment of Central Purchase vouchers raised on DGS&D. 4. Settlement of MEA vouchers of Defence Attaches posted in different Embassies done through NODAL Agency.
- Department of Education The Department of Education (S) is one the major departments of the Government of Manipur and looks after the school education in the state. At the government level, it is led by Hon'ble Minister of Education, Shri L. Jayantakumar Singh with Shri P.K Singh, Commissioner, Education (S) as the head of the administration.
- India Police.in Owes its birth to the Ramon Magsaysay Award received for Government Service in 1994.The announcement of the formation of the Foundation was part of the acceptance speech.Among others‘police reforms’was one of its main objectives.the india police provides a seamless platform for over one and quarter million cops across services,rank and geography.
- Law commission Government of Goa The first Law Commission was appointed by the government of Union Territory of Goa, Daman and Diu on 20th July 1968 in pursuant to the government resolution dated 18.07.1968 to examine the Portuguese Laws in force in Goa, Daman and Diu and to repeal the same wherever necessary by undertaking legislation.
- Department of Social Justice and Empowerment The Social Justice & Empowerment Department is working independently since the bifurcation of Social Welfare Department in the year 1992. The Department is implementing a number of schemes for the care, protection and rehabilitation of socially under privileged. Earlier the Social Justice & Empowerment Department was working within a very small area having few welfare schemes. Now, it has expanded its area of schemes and has implemented schemes since the creation of the Departments covering beneficiaries belonging to urban as well as rural areas. At present, the Department is implementing a number of schemes for the welfare of orphan/destitute children, juveniles in conflict with law, Widows, destitute women and their dependents, mentally retarded children, the blind, deaf & dumb in the state.
- Department of Animal Husbandry With a view to increase the production of various Livestock Products like milk, eggs, wool and meat etc., Animal Husbandry Department has chalked out an ambitious program for the development of various species of Livestock. To improve the Genetic Potential of the Livestock through Scientific Breeding.
- Centre for Electronic Governance Centre for Electronic Governance is an Autonomous body of the Government of Rajasthan under the Department of Technical Education. Foundation stone of CEG was laid down on 8th December 2006 at Khaitan Polytechnic College Jaipur by Honble Ministers for Technical Education. The Rajasthan is the second state that is running this program after the highly acclaimed and successful program Jawahar Knowledge Centre in Andhra Pradesh.
- Planning & Development Department Formulation, scrutiny and adjustment of State 5-Year Plan, publicity and collection of plan statistics. Co-ordination with Five-year Plan and Annual plan. Assessment and allocation of resources for the Plan and evaluation of general progress of Plan Projects.
- ICCMS09 Third International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation (ICCMS-09) is being organized at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India (IITB) on 1-5 December 2009
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.