DepartmentMany government departments are operating in India to look after important aspects in various fields such as agriculture, education, industrial development, chemicals, information technology, health and family welfare, etc. The department directory brings together the leading government departments on a common platform. View online listing of websites related to the government department functioning across India.
Latest Website Listings
- Habitat for Humanity India Habitat for Humanity commenced its operations in India in 1983, with the first project comprising of 16 houses, being commissioned at Khammam, Andhra Pradesh. Since then, over 33,000 houses have been constructed, providing safe, decent and affordable shelter to around 165,000 less fortunate citizens of the country
- Gujarat State Disaster Management Authority To go beyond reconstruction and make Gujarat economically vibrant, agriculturally and industrially competitive with improved standards of living and with a capacity to mitigate and manage future disasters. The members of the Authority shall hold office during the pleasure of the State Government and shall receive such remuneration as may be prescribed.
- Bar Council of Kerala As the number of lawyers swelled and activities increased insufficiency of space felt led us to contemplation of a building of our own. On 29/08/1993 then Chief Minister Sri.K.Karunakaran laid its foundation stone. Thanks to ceaseless efforts by the 5th Bar Council of Kerala and the blue print given by famous Architect Mr.K.G.Sukumaran, a four storied edifice became a reality.
- India Urban Portal India Urban Portal is a knowledge collaborative platform that enhances the availability of quality urban information. The goal is to provide an entryway portal to urban information, and creates a network, community and resource that provide qualified, trusted, and verifiable information and contacts.
- Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation The Population becomes more than 8 lakhs and the new revenue villages were included in the City. The tourist spots are attract to the people from all over the world. It became Municipality to Municipal Corporation vide Housing & Urban Development Department.
- Planning Department Government of Rajasthan Planning Department is the apex body for plan formulation and monitoring at the State Level. All matters relating to the scheme strengthening of State Planning Machinery including reconciliation of expenditure.Dealing with proposals of Forestry, Co-operation, Arts & Culture, Sports and Youth Welfare, Civil Aviation, Tourism, Archeology and Museum, Jawahar Kala Kendra, DIPR, Sanik Kalyan, DOP, Economic Services and General Services.
- Informa Exhibitions India India’s ONLY Homeland Security show officially supported by the Ministry of Home Affairs. Associated with ASSOCHAM who represents the interests of the trade industry and interfaces with the Government on policy issues. Proud to announce new country pavilions this year from Sweden, France, Taiwan and China.
- Cyberabad Police Cyberabad Police Jurisdiction covers an area of 3600 sq. kms. It has a population of 60 lakhs. We serve the communities with the help of 41 police stations and 11 traffic police stations supported by a series of auxiliary police units. The geographic, demographic and administrative features of cyberabad metropolitan area.
- Accountant General The Office of the Accountant General, Goa was upgraded on 1st January 2004 from the Office of the Senior Deputy Accountant General (Audit), Goa. This is one of the field Offices of Indian Audit and Accounts Department headed by the Comptroller & Auditor General of India whose duties, powers and conditions of service are prescribed by the Act of Parliament in 1971.
- Center for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics The Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics CDFD is an autonomous organization funded by the Department of Biotechnology DBT, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India. CDFD receives funding also from other agencies on specific collaborative projects. In addition, DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics services provided by the centre support some of the activities.
- Accountants General, Kerala The Offices of the Accountants General are part of the Indian Audit & Accounts Department under the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG). The C&AG is a constitutional authority appointed by the President of India. As one of the pillars of democracy we strive "To promote excellence in public sector Audit and Accounting Services towards improving the quality of governance."
- REGISTRATION DEPARTMENT The Registration Department in Kerala started functioning from 1st Dhanu 1043ME, in the Travancore area, from 1st Edavam 1050ME in the Cochin area and from 1st January 1865 AD in the Malabar area. Three units have been integrated to form the present Registration Department from 1st November 1956 and the Registration Act, 1908 is in force throughout the State.
- Coir Board Govt. Of India The history explains different stories on the birth of the golden fibre. The first recorded history of coconut in the country dates back to Ramayana period.In the Valmiki Ramayana there are references of coconut in the Kishkindha Kanda and Aranya Kanda. It is reported that Ramayana was written by Valmiki sometimes in 3rd Century BC.
- Government of Maharashtra Directorate General of Information and Public Relations (DGIPR) is the nodal agency of Government of Maharashtra to disseminate information to print and electronic media on Government policies, programme initiatives and achievements. It has earned reputation of maintaining dialogue between Government and people through effective medium of Lokrajya, Dilkhulas, Jai Maharashtra and other projects.
- National S & T Entrepreneurship Development Board To promote knowledge based and innovation driven enterprises. To facilitate generation of entrepreneurship and self employment opportunities for S & T persons. To facilitate the information dissemination. To network with various Central & State Government agencies for S&T based entrepreneurship development.
- Press Information Bureau Press Information Bureau (PIB) is the nodal agency of the Government of India to disseminate information to the print, electronic and new media on government plans, policies, programme initiatives and achievements. It is also the Government's nodal agency to facilitate private media.
- Department of Transport Punjab Roadways came into being in the year 1948 with a fleet of 13 buses, which rose gradually to its highest strength of 2407 buses in the year 1985. The primary objective of Punjab Roadways is to provide an economical, reliable and comfortable transport service in the state of Punjab with connecting service to adjoining states.
- Purnea Police Therefore, right to information is embedded in article 19. In the same case, Supreme Court further said that India is a democracy, People are the masters. Therefore, the masters have a right to know how the governments, meant to serve them, are functioning. Further, every citizen pays taxes.
- Urban Development & Housing Department Local Government, that is to say the constitution and powers of municipal corporation, municipalities, notified area committees, improvement trusts, mining settlement authorities and other local authorities for the purpose of Local Self-Government or local administration.
- Animal And Fisheries Resources Under Animal & Fisheries Resources Department, Government of Bihar, State Government has sanctioned separate Directorate for Dairy Development for speedy Development in Dairy Sector vide Resolution No. 1119 dated 01.04.1981. Since then Directorate of Dairy Development came into force.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Government Organizations (567)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Department - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.