Government OrganizationsGet detailed information on the leading government organisations in India under the directory on government organisations. Get online information related to various government organisations providing services in the field of education, infrastructure development,agriculture, scientific research. Also view websites of leading government organisations operating in India which is available under the online web guide on government organisations.
Latest Website Listings
- Regional Commissioner Belgaum Sir Thomas Manron, the great administrator said "In India whoever regulates the assessment of land, really holds in his hand the main spring of the country". This is true till this day. Initially, the main duty of the revenue department was to collect land revenue, which was the main source of income of the state.
- The agricultural situation in India The agricultural situation in India has undergone a rapid change after independence. Investment in the agricultural sector both public and private, has risen with the result that agricultural production at national level has achieved a better growth rate as compared with other developed countries. Now-a-days there is primarily a need to accelerate the growth rate and minimize the fluctuations in agricultural production.
- Karnataka employers’ Association Karnataka employers’ Association (KEA) is a leading and premier Employers Organization in the State of Karnataka,established in the year 1961. KEA is proud of its establishment as the First Employers’ Organization in Karnataka. It has served the members for over 47 years and has earned very high reputation.
- Small Industries Development Organisation Small Industries Development Organisation (SIDO) an apex body at Central level for formulating policy for the development of Small Scale Industries in the country, is headed by the Additional Secretary & Development Commissioner (Small Scale Industries) under Ministry of Small Scale Industries Govt. of India.SIDO is playing a very constructive role for strengthening this vital sector which has proved to be one of the strong pillars of the economy of the country.
- Contract Bridge Association Contract Bridge Association or the CBA, is a national level registered body , registered under Societies Registration Act. For details and for CBA Constitution, Bylaws , Rules & Regulations , please see the corresponding sections on this site.CBA s main objective will be to bring about bridge awareness in India .
- Friend's of Women's World Banking For the first seven years of its operations from 1982 to 1989 FWWBs activities were limited to providing loan guarantees for poor women in the state of Gujarat. Around this time, the initial efforts started of in 1970s to provide financial access to poor women especially those in unorganized sector were transformed into the women focused and savingsled Micro Finance Movement.
- AOTS Alumni Association of Western India(AAAWI) It is a non -profit organization, dedicated to human resource development through sharing of knowledge. AAAWI regularly conducts management & technology related seminars with the help of experts from Japan. AAAWI also conducts overseas technical training programs and has so far conducted a large number of training programs for participants from Srilanka, Bangladesh, Nepal, Tanzania, Uganda, Ghana, Sudan, Zambia. So far, over 100 people have benefited from such programs. The Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship (AOTS) was established in 1959 with the support of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (which is the present Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry: METI) as the first technical cooperation organization on a private basis in Japan. Its main purpose is to promote international economic cooperation and enhance mutual economic development and friendly relations between those countries and Japan.
- Army Welfare Placement Organisation (AWPO) The Army Placement Agency (APA) is a welfare organization of the Indian Army which is functioning under Adjutant General's Branch of Integrated HQ of Ministry of Defence (Army). It was established in May 1999 to assist retiring / retired Army personnel in seeking avenues for suitable jobs in civil as second career options.
- MSME Development Institute MSME - Development Institute Formerly Known as Small Industries Service Institute Kanpur, which is the main MSME - Development Institute in the state of Uttar Pradesh was set up on 13th May, 1958. Out of 70 districts in the state, it caters to the promotional & developmental needs of the Small Scale Sector in 22 districts as indicated in the jurisdiction list.
- Arunachal Pradesh Energy Development Agency APEDA is the State Designated Agency(SDA) for implementation and enforcement of Energy Conservation Act 2001 in coordination with the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, GOI. APEDA is the State Nodal Agency for the activities and projects connected with Clean Development Mechanism (CDM). The annual budget of APEDA is provided in the form of Grants-in- Aids by the Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh to meet its expenditure on Direction and Administration, Maintenance of assets and also to meet the State share of Centrally Sponsored Schemes (C.S.S.).
- Chennai The Regional Passport Office (RPO) was first established in Chennai in the year 1955. During that time, it was located at George Town and was later shifted to Government owned premises of Shastri Bhavan in the year 1966. The Passport Office of Madras was initially taking care of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry and also the neighboring States of Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
- District Rural Development Agency However, of late, the number of the programmes had increased and while some of the programmes provided for administrative costs of the DRDAs, others did not. There was no uniformity among the different programmes with reference to administrative costs.
- Kolmate.in Kolmate.in is the leading name for Kolkata based INFOTAINMENT. Kolmate.in is the brand name for S.P Web Communication Company. It is incorporated under Kolkata Municipal Corporation, which grants the Certificate of Enlistment Trade Licence. Kolmate.in is a generation next marketing consultancy providing an enormous information base and is an entertainment portal dealing with a varied range of products and services in West Bengal and its suburbs.
- Insurance Regulatory and Authority In India, insurance has a deep-rooted history. It finds mention in the writings of Manu ( Manusmrithi ), Yagnavalkya ( Dharmasastra ) and Kautilya ( Arthasastra ). The writings talk in terms of pooling of resources that could be re-distributed in times of calamities such as fire, floods, epidemics and famine. This was probably a pre-cursor to modern day insurance. Ancient Indian history has preserved the earliest traces of insurance in the form of marine trade loans and carriers contracts. Insurance in India has evolved over time heavily drawing from other countries, England in particular.
- Kolkata Urban Services for the Poor The KUSP, in full Kolkata Urban Services for the P oor, is one of the newest additions to Department for International Development’s (DFID) continuing endeavor to reduce urban poverty in India. The current project in West Bengal has been officialised through a 8th May’ 03 letter of Charlotte Seymour- Smith, the Minister (Development) and Head, DFID India, to Joint Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, confirming the
- Accountants General Himachal Pradesh Its magnificent stone structure has Gothic Architecture combined with Rajasthani features like balconies, chajjas and sand stone, Jallies which gives it a unique architectural outlook. Presently it houses offices of the Principal Accountant General and Accountant General, Himachal Pradesh, Shimla.
- BSNL Inspection Circle Inspection Circle was formed on 1st June 1950 as a consequence of winding up the then development branch of the P & T Directorate. It has ever since been a functional wing of the Directorate having jurisdiction over the entire country. It inherited from the Development Branch the functions of execution of major development projects and the work of standardization & issue of technical instructions.
- The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute established by the Government of India under the Ministry of Agriculture in 1947 became a member of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) family in 1967. The headquarters was shifted from Mandapam Camp to Cochin in 1971.
- GST (GOODS & SERVICE TAX) INDIAN ECONOMY WHICH IS FAMOUSLY GROWING AHEAD, BREACHING ALL NEW PEAKS , NOW AWAITS FOR A COMPELLING AND ENERGETIC TURN-AROUND IN ITS TAXATION FRAMEWORK. G.S.T. HAS INBOUND ABILITY TO HELP GOVERNMENT OF INDIA TO ENHANCE REVENUES AND MAINTAIN THE DEMOCRATIC CONSENSUS.
- Andhra Pradesh Municipal Development Project Andhra Pradesh Municipal Development Project (APMDP) is a US$ 350 MILLION project implemented by Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) with support from World Bank. APMDP objective is High-priority urban services in selected ULBs of AP and Capacity of ULBs to develop and manage urban services.
- ›Co-operatives (133)
- ›Commissions (106)
- ›Committees (62)
- ›Consulates (17)
- ›Department (480)
- ›Directory (10)
- ›Districts (469)
- ›Embassy In India (39)
- ›Export Processing Zones (24)
- ›Indian Missions Abroad (19)
- ›International Org. India (21)
- ›Judiciary (75)
- ›Legislature (44)
- ›Ministry (142)
- ›Political Parties (68)
- ›Railways (48)
- ›State Government (637)
- ›Trade Promotion Organization (94)
Government Organizations - City Wise
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.