In this section of India Facts we discuss about Constitution of India - Articles. You get all the articles i.e. Part I to Part XXII, in details. In these Part I to Part XXII you will learn about 395 articles. Article 123 explains about the legislative powers of the President and article 213 is for the legislative powers of the Governor. Article 300A is important for everyone because it explains about Right to Property. Check out yourself all the articls under different chapters and Parts.
- consists of Articles 1 - 4 on the Union and its Territory
- consists of Articles 5 - 11 on Citizenship.
- consists of Articles 12 - 35 on Fundamental Rights.
- Articles 14 - 18 on Right to Equality,
- Articles 19 - 22 on Right to Freedom,
- Articles 23 - 24 on Right against Exploitation,
- Articles 25 - 28 on Right to Freedom of Religion,
- Articles 29 - 31 on Cultural and Educational Rights,
- Articles 32 - 35 on Right to Constitutional Remedies.
- consists of Articles 36 - 51 on Directive Principles of State Policy.
Part IV (A)
consists of Article 51A - Fundamental Duties of each citizen of India.
- consists of Articles on the Union.
Chapter I - Articles 52 to 78 on The Executive.
Chapter II - Articles 79 - 122 on Parliament.
- Articles 52 - 73 on the President and Vice-President,
- Articles 74 - 75 on Council of Ministers,
- Articles 76 - Attorney General of India,
- Articles 77 - 78 on the Conduct of Government Business
Chapter III - Article 123 on the Legislative Powers of the President.
- Articles 79 - 88 on Constitution of Parliament,
- Articles 89 - 98 on Officers of Parliament,
- Articles 99 - 100 on Conduct of Business,
- Articles 101 - 104 on Disqualification of members,
- Articles 105 - 106 on Powers, privileges and Immunities of Parliament and its Members,
- Articles 107 - 111 on Legislative Procedure,
- Articles 112 - 117 on Procedure in Financial Matters,
- Articles 118 - 122 on Procedure Generally.
Chapter IV - Articles 124 - 147 on The Union Judiciary.
- Article 123 on Power of president to promulgate Ordinances during recess of Parliament
Chapter V - Articles 148 - 151 on the Controller and Auditor-General of India.
- Articles 124 - 147 Establishment and Constitution of Supreme Court
Part VI - Articles on the States.
Chapter I - Article 152 on the General definition of a State of the Union of India
- Articles 148 - 151 on Duties and powers of Comptroller and Auditor-General.
Chapter II - Articles 153 - 167 on The Executive
- Article 152 - Exclusion of the state of Jammu and Kashmir from the general definition of a state of the Union of India.
Chapter III - Articles 168 - 212 on The State Legislature.
- Articles 153 - 162 on The Governor,
- Articles 163 - 164 on The Council of Ministers,
- Article 165 on the Advocate-General for the State.
- Articles 166 - 167 on the Conduct of Government Business.
Chapter IV - Article 213 on the Legislative Powers of the Governor
- Articles 168 - 177 General
- Articles 178 - 187 on the Officers of the State Legislature,
- Articles 188 - 189 on Conduct of Business,
- Articles 190 - 193 on Disqualification of members,
- Articles 194 - 195 on Powers, Privileges and Immunities Parliament and its Members,
- Articles 196 - 201 on Legislative Procedure,
- Articles 202 - 207 on Procedure in Financial Matters,
- Articles 208 - 212 on Procedure Generally.
Chapter V - Articles 214 - 231 on The High Courts in the States.
- Article 213 - Power of president to promulgate Ordinances during recess of Parliament
Chapter VI - Articles 233 - 237 on the Subordinate Courts
- Articles 214 - 231 on High Courts in the States,
Part VII - consists of Articles on States in the B part of the First schedule.
- Articles 232 - 237 on Subordinate Courts
Part VIII - consists of Articles on The Union Territories
- Article 238 Repealed, Replaced by the Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act, 1956, s. 29 and Sch.
Part IX - consists of Articles on the Panchayat system.
- Articles 239 - 242 Administration, creation of Council of Ministers and High Courts
Part IXA - consists of Articles on Municipalities.
- Articles 243 - 243O on the Gram Sabha and Panchayat system
Part X - consists of Articles on the scheduled and Tribal Areas
- Articles 243P - 243ZG on Municipalities
Part XI - consists of Articles on Relations between the Union and the States.
Chapter I - Articles 245 - 255 on the Distribution of Legislative Powers
- Articles 244 - 244A on Administration, creation of Council of Ministers, and legislatures.
Chapter II - Articles 256 - 263 on Administrative Relations
- Articles 245 - 255 on Distribution of Legislative Relations
Part XII - consists of Articles on Finance, Property, Contracts and Suits
Chapter I - Articles 264 - 291 on Finance
- Articles 256 - 261 - General
- Article 262 - on Disputes relating to waters.
- Article 263 - on Co-ordination between States
Chapter II - Articles 292 - 293 on Borrowing
- Articles 264 - 267 General
- Articles 268 - 281 on Distribution Revenues between the Union and the States
- Articles 282 - 291 on Miscellaneous Financial Provisions
Chapter III - Articles 294 - 300 on Property, Contracts, Right, Liabilities, Obligations and Suits
- Articles 292 - 293 on Borrowing by States
Chapter IV - Article 300A on the Right to Property
- Articles 294 - 300 on Succession to property assets, liabilities, and obligations.
Part XIII - consists of Articles on Trade and Commerce within the territory of India
- Article 300A - on Persons not to be deprived of property save by authority of law
Part XIV - consists of Articles on Services Under the Union and the States
Chapter I - Articles 308 - 314 on Services
- Articles 301 - 305 on Freedom of Trade and Commerce, and the power of Parliament and States to impose restrictions on the same
- Article 306 - Repealed - Replaced by the Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act, 1956, s. 29 and Sch.
- Article 307 - Appointment of authority for carrying out the purposes of articles 301 to 304.
Chapter II - Articles 315 - 323 on the Public Service Commissions
- Articles 308 - 313 on Services
- Article 314 - Repealed - Replaced by the Constitution (Twenty-eighth Amendment) Act, 1972, s. 3 (w.e.f. 29-8-1972).
Part XIVA - consists of Articles on Tribunals
Part XV - consists of Articles on Elections
- Articles 315 - 323 on Public Service Commissions
Part XVI - consists of Articles on Special Provisions Relating to certain Classes.
- Articles 324 - 329 on Elections
- Article 329A - Repealed - Replaced by the Constitution (Forty-fourth Amendment) Act, 1978, s. 36 (w.e.f. 20-6-1979).
Part XVII - consists of Articles on Official Language
Chapter I - Articles 343 - 344 on Language of the Union
- Articles 330 - 342 on Reservations
Chapter II - Articles 345 - 347 on Regional Languages
- Articles 343 - 344 Official Language of the Union
Chapter III - Articles 348 - 349 on Language of the Supreme Court, High courts, Etc
- Articles 345 - 347 on Language of the State
Chapter IV - Articles 350 - 351 on Special Directives
- Articles 348 - 349 on Language used in Supreme Court, High courts Etc
Part XVIII - consists of Articles on Emergency Provisions
- Article 350 - on Language to be used in representations forredress of grievances.
- Article 350A - on Facilities for instruction in mother-tongue at primary stage.
- Article 350B - on provision for Special Officer for linguistic minorities.
- Article 351 - on Directive for development of the Hindi language.
Part XIX - Miscellaneous
- Articles 352 - 359 on Emergency Provisions
- Article 359A - Repealed - Replaced by the Constitution (Sixty-third Amendment) Act, 1989, s. 3 (w.e.f. 6-1-1990)
- Article 360 - on Provisions as to financial emergency.
Part XX - consists of Articles on Amendment of the Constitution
- Articles 361 - 361A - Miscellaneous
- Article 362 - Repealed - Replaced by the Constitution (Twenty-sixth Amendment) Act, 1971, s. 2.
- Articles 363 - 367 - Miscellaneous .
Part XXI - consists of Articles on Temporary, Transitional and Special Provisions
- · Articles 368 on the Power of parliament to amend the constitution and procedure therefor
Part XXII consists of Articles on short title, date of commencement, Authoritative text in Hindi and Repeals.
- Articles 369 - 378A on Temporary, Transitional and Special Provisions
- Article 379 - 391 - Repealed - Replaced by the Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act, 1956,s. 29 and Sch.
- Article 392 - on the Power of the President to remove difficulties.
- Articles 393 - 395 Commencement, authoritative text in Hindi and repeals