Communities in MumbaiThere are many communities, which co-exist in India and contribute in strengthening the overall development of the country. The directory on Indian communities is an effort to present the various communities of India on a single platform. Here under the online community web guide view website related to different communities of India offering plethora of information such as history, philosophy, practices, literature and several online discussion forums. Access online community websites to get further insights into the society and culture in India.
Latest Website Listings
- BILLWAR BHAVAN The Billawar Association, Mumbai was founded in the year 1932 with an aim to unite & work for the overall development of members of the Billawa community. Shri. Narayana Guru is the main inspiration behind the activities of the association.It is important to go back in time to understand the magnanimity of the pioneering role played by Shri. Narayana Guru in the then culture prevailing in Kerala and coastal areas of Dakshina Kannada.
- KeralaIyers.com KeralaIyers.com is a mission- an ongoing attempt to delve into the history, trace the roots,portray the life of modern day Kerala Iyers,and chronicle the achievements of this community.It also intends to provide information on aspects such as local religious festivals,promote discussion forums&facilitate exchange of information.Iyers are Tamil speaking Brahmins originating from South India
- Viva The Matchmaker ViVa The Matchmaker has different product offerings whereby one can choose a product depending on his or her own requirement. ViVa The Matchmaker is a Matrimonial company that aims to provide the best service possible at a very nominal cost. We hope to make the journey of finding a life partner a memorable one.
- India Parenting A portal for Indian communities, lifestyles for families & women, message boards, etc.
- PSI PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world's most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
- Young Environmentalists They are then ignited enough to talk to their peer groups, classmates and parents about the field trips and to explain why there may be conflicts over issues or problems in protecting the environment. But the message is always positive and personal. To aim at creating awareness and saving the wetlands and mangroves here in the city of Mumbai.
- Kapol Samaj Everyone is proud of his/her community since it is bestowed upon by birth. India is known for people of diverse religions, languages and communities. Indian history reveals that originally there were four groups of people following different vocations. They were Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Shudras. Brahmins studied and preached religion, Kshatriyas ruled and protected the population, Vaishyas conducted business and farming,
- Marry Matrimony The people of democratic India has a great emphasis on marriage and long - term relational commitment. At Marry Matrimony we will help you to discover your life and find the best possible match which is our ultimate goal. It is one of the fastest growing matrimonial portals dedicated towards building matrimonial alliances and creating successful marriages.
- Committed Communities Development Trust Established in June 1990, CCDT is a voluntary trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act of 1950. Started with the vision of a single person, it works with vulnerable communities. It began in a leprosy colony in a suburb of Mumbai and catered to leprosy-affected families with services involving health and education. CCDT, as a result, started a clinic for leprosy patients under the National Leprosy Eradication Program of the Government.
- The Humsafar Trust The Humsafar Trust was set up in April 2004 by a group of self-identified homosexual men who desired to reach out to the MSM population in the Mumbai Metro and surrounding areas. The Trust began its activities by inviting gay men and lesbian women to attend its workshops on Fridays. Since a decade the trust is working in the arena of HIV intervention programme in Mumbai and Thane district with the MSM/Hijra population. Most of its activities are supported by MDACS (NACO), FHI - Delhi, FHI - BMGF, Avert Society and DFID.
- Rotary International Rotary International is the worlds first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members who are business, profession and community leaders. Rotary club members, known as Rotarians, are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
- Citizens for Peace Citizens for Peace (CfP), has been pondering over this question for the last few years. CfP was founded in 1993 by several residents of Mumbai, who were horrified by the communal violence that scarred the city in the months following the demolition of the Babri Masjid. Set up as a registered public trust, CfP engaged in relief work for the victims of the 1993 riots.
- Maharashtra Telugu Manch Telugu people are living in the state of Maharashtra since last 300 years.Telugu people have also worked in the army of Great Maratha King Shivaji Maharaj and our earlier generations were quite successful in state politics as well.Since last 50 years there has been tremendous increase in Telugu Population due to work opportunities in Textile Mills, Construction and other avenues of Employment activity in Mumbai.
- Priya Dutt We will aim to set up a pro-active communication network between all citizens and vital services such as the MLA, Local Representative, Police, BMC, etc. We will also furnish you with information on relevant topics in your area. Discussion forums will be encouraged, and suggestions and recommendations will be well received. More importantly, through this network we will strive to enable you to solve your own local issues with our guidance and support.
- In Matri We at In Matri use the most secure channel and the latest technologies to cater to our Client requirements thereby providing them with best, relevant and suitable matching results. In Matri is a dominant player in the Match Making space and we intend to over time offer an entire gamut of services in the Matrimonial space.
- APNALAYA An NGO founded in 1972 to help children living in slums towards a better life, Apnalaya strives to achieve this through urban community development projects in Mumbai. Its role is one of empowerment: of encouraging ordinary men and women to believe in themselves and in their abilities to change their lives for the better.
- Icici Comunities Our group is India’s fastest growing financial services conglomerate with deep roots in the Indian economy. Today, it is the second largest bank in the country it has 20 millions customers and offers a wide range of banking products.It provides sevices to customers for investment banking, life and general insurance, venture capital and asset management.
- Secular Citizen Group About Ourselves The Secular Citizen GroupAn organisation dedicated to the betterment of Indian Christians such as All-round Welfare and development of Indian Christian Community. Social, economic, business, family interaction among fellow christians and organisations across the nation and world-over To encourage, support entreprenueal activities among Indian Christians, there by making the community economically strong. To give world-wide exposure to Christian
- Ideal Educational Movement Educational backwardness among Muslims is a perennial problem of the Muslim community. This, as is obvious, has resulted in unemployment, lack of opportunities and frustration among our youth. The panacea for all these ills and evils of our society is to excel in education and to motivate our youth to enter into competitive world of today with determination, courage and confidence. These and similar anxieties and ideas have given vent to the launch of this unique MOVEMENT.
- Holy Matrimonial Many couples spend far more time planning for a one - day wedding than for the lifelong marriage that should follow it. As a result, over half of all marriages fail, ending in divorce, often with former partners becoming mortal enemies. Other couples are just as unhappy, but perhaps cannot afford a divorce, or stay together only because of the children or other social or business reasons.
Communities - ALL INDIA
@ All India (410)
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.