Communities in MumbaiThere are many communities, which co-exist in India and contribute in strengthening the overall development of the country. The directory on Indian communities is an effort to present the various communities of India on a single platform. Here under the online community web guide view website related to different communities of India offering plethora of information such as history, philosophy, practices, literature and several online discussion forums. Access online community websites to get further insights into the society and culture in India.
Latest Website Listings
- Maharashtra Telugu Manch Telugu people are living in the state of Maharashtra since last 300 years.Telugu people have also worked in the army of Great Maratha King Shivaji Maharaj and our earlier generations were quite successful in state politics as well.Since last 50 years there has been tremendous increase in Telugu Population due to work opportunities in Textile Mills, Construction and other avenues of Employment activity in Mumbai.
- Kapol Samaj Everyone is proud of his/her community since it is bestowed upon by birth. India is known for people of diverse religions, languages and communities. Indian history reveals that originally there were four groups of people following different vocations. They were Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Shudras. Brahmins studied and preached religion, Kshatriyas ruled and protected the population, Vaishyas conducted business and farming,
- Rotary International Rotary International is the worlds first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members who are business, profession and community leaders. Rotary club members, known as Rotarians, are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
- The Humsafar Trust The Humsafar Trust was set up in April 2004 by a group of self-identified homosexual men who desired to reach out to the MSM population in the Mumbai Metro and surrounding areas. The Trust began its activities by inviting gay men and lesbian women to attend its workshops on Fridays. Since a decade the trust is working in the arena of HIV intervention programme in Mumbai and Thane district with the MSM/Hijra population. Most of its activities are supported by MDACS (NACO), FHI - Delhi, FHI - BMGF, Avert Society and DFID.
- Bharat Waves Advertising Rates We will always try to keep the ad prices on our site at reasonable levels. Our goal is to work with our partners using the “win-win” proposition. We will monitor your banner’s ratio of impressions and click-through and work with you to find the best ad style and placement for maximum exposure for your products, all at a budget you can afford!We utilize a powerful advertising server capable of managing entire ad campaigns with tremendous accuracy and flexibility
- Priya Dutt We will aim to set up a pro-active communication network between all citizens and vital services such as the MLA, Local Representative, Police, BMC, etc. We will also furnish you with information on relevant topics in your area. Discussion forums will be encouraged, and suggestions and recommendations will be well received. More importantly, through this network we will strive to enable you to solve your own local issues with our guidance and support.
- The Bridge Our Bridge and many more such Bridges should enable the transfer of surplus wealth and resources from Haves to Have-Nots for uplifting the underprivileged in our society. To promote a sustainable process towards a dignified quality of life for tribal communities characterized by Access to safe drinking water and hygienic living conditions, Opportunity for sustainable livelihood through.
- Citizens for Peace Citizens for Peace (CfP), has been pondering over this question for the last few years. CfP was founded in 1993 by several residents of Mumbai, who were horrified by the communal violence that scarred the city in the months following the demolition of the Babri Masjid. Set up as a registered public trust, CfP engaged in relief work for the victims of the 1993 riots.
- APNALAYA An NGO founded in 1972 to help children living in slums towards a better life, Apnalaya strives to achieve this through urban community development projects in Mumbai. Its role is one of empowerment: of encouraging ordinary men and women to believe in themselves and in their abilities to change their lives for the better.
- Young Environmentalists They are then ignited enough to talk to their peer groups, classmates and parents about the field trips and to explain why there may be conflicts over issues or problems in protecting the environment. But the message is always positive and personal. To aim at creating awareness and saving the wetlands and mangroves here in the city of Mumbai.
- Disaster Watch Disasters devastate. They hit communities and break their socio-political and economic fabric. They test the resilience of people, especially women, by erasing years of hard-earned lives. Though women are the worst affected and the first to respond to disasters, they are often the last ones consulted in post disaster initiatives.
- Holy Matrimonial Many couples spend far more time planning for a one - day wedding than for the lifelong marriage that should follow it. As a result, over half of all marriages fail, ending in divorce, often with former partners becoming mortal enemies. Other couples are just as unhappy, but perhaps cannot afford a divorce, or stay together only because of the children or other social or business reasons.
- Committed Communities Development Trust Established in June 1990, CCDT is a voluntary trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act of 1950. Started with the vision of a single person, it works with vulnerable communities. It began in a leprosy colony in a suburb of Mumbai and catered to leprosy-affected families with services involving health and education. CCDT, as a result, started a clinic for leprosy patients under the National Leprosy Eradication Program of the Government.
- India Parenting A portal for Indian communities, lifestyles for families & women, message boards, etc.
- Viva The Matchmaker ViVa The Matchmaker has different product offerings whereby one can choose a product depending on his or her own requirement. ViVa The Matchmaker is a Matrimonial company that aims to provide the best service possible at a very nominal cost. We hope to make the journey of finding a life partner a memorable one.
- Soham Foundation As a responsible corporate citizen, we have established the Soham Foundation a non-profit organization which endeavors to enhance, enrich and empower society and the environment to lead better and more fulfilled lives. The Foundations initiatives include community service projects and institutions covering the fields of education, healthcare and wellness, sports and environment protection.
- Icici Comunities Our group is India’s fastest growing financial services conglomerate with deep roots in the Indian economy. Today, it is the second largest bank in the country it has 20 millions customers and offers a wide range of banking products.It provides sevices to customers for investment banking, life and general insurance, venture capital and asset management.
- BILLWAR BHAVAN The Billawar Association, Mumbai was founded in the year 1932 with an aim to unite & work for the overall development of members of the Billawa community. Shri. Narayana Guru is the main inspiration behind the activities of the association.It is important to go back in time to understand the magnanimity of the pioneering role played by Shri. Narayana Guru in the then culture prevailing in Kerala and coastal areas of Dakshina Kannada.
- The Anchorage The Anchorage is a workplace for mentally challenged adults. Through it, a community of parents/caretakers ensure the well being of their adults and support each other through the good as well as difficult times. Starting in a small garage, with the herculean efforts of three parents and a special educator, it now functions in an upmarket office premise in mid town Mumbai.
- Marry Again Marry Again Matrimonial website provide to the best service possible at a very nominal cost. Most importantly we wish to provide quality database and appropriative matches for all our members. Marry Again is a matrimonial service launched, focused on second marriage individuals service who have been divorced or widowed.
Communities - ALL INDIA
@ All India (410)
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.