Organisations in MumbaiOrganisations directory aims to provide informative content to our online users on the various organisations operating in India. Get useful information on the many Indian private, non-profit and government organisations offering a variety of services to promote areas like healthcare, education, hospitality, women empowerment, music and dance, environment, etc. in India. The online web guide on organisations provides a listing of websites on the Indian organisations which will further provide valuable insights into the Indian organisations.
Latest Website Listings
- Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM) hri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal is a Public Charitable Trust registered under the Society’s Registration Act and Bombay Public Trust Act. The SVKM has always been committed to the cause of providing high quality education at various levels. From its humble beginnings in 1934, when it took over the Rashtriya Shala, a school established in 1921 in the wake of the National Movement, the Mandal today has grown into a big educational complex imparting high-level education to more than 32,000 students.
- National Solid Waste Association of India MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT: COLLECTION AND TRANSPORTATION Seminar on ‘Municipal Solid Waste Management: Collection and Transportation” was held on 07th October, 2006 organized by National Solid Waste Association of India (NSWAI) in collaboration with Maharashtra, Pollution Control Board (MPCB), Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) and P.G. Department of Family Resource Management, SNDT Women’s University at Juhu Campus, Mumbai. The seminar aimed at spreading awareness on Collection and Transportation of Municipal Solid Waste and to highlight technical solutions available. A variety of subjects were covered, from daily waste collection to skip hire and temporary rubbish disposal, from waste reduction to recycling and everything in between. It was attended by Municipal officers of SWM Cell of MCGM, concerned citizens of Mumbai, eminent scientists, engineers, manufacturers of SWM equipments, students of P.G. Home Science, PG Diploma in Environment and Development, Institute of Science and the staff of various Institutes like Garware Institute, Nirmala Niketan College of Home Science etc.
- Public concern for governance trust Public Concern for Governance Trust(PCGT),a registered trust,founded by a few concerned citizens, has the capability to mobilize public opinion and increase public participation and activism towards creating more transparent and efficient governance.PCGT works to ensure enactment of laws and policies,which promote honesty.
- MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION OF INDIA Established in 1996, Make A Wish Foundation of India has granted in excess of 15000 wishes. By granting a cherished wish for a child with a life threatening illness, a wish experience can give back what the illness takes away, Hope, Strength and Joy. It can help the children forget about being sick. How to laugh out loud and keep making plans for the future.
- Committed Communities Development Trust Established in June 1990, CCDT is a voluntary trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act of 1950. Started with the vision of a single person, it works with vulnerable communities. It began in a leprosy colony in a suburb of Mumbai and catered to leprosy-affected families with services involving health and education. CCDT, as a result, started a clinic for leprosy patients under the National Leprosy Eradication Program of the Government.
- National Alliance of Peoples Movements National Alliance of Peoples Movements NAPM started as a process in 1992 and took a definite shape in 1996.It is an alliance of a large number of peoples organizations and movements in India. Peoples rights over natural resources, appropriate decentralized democratic development, towards a just, sustainable and egalitarian society, with true internationalism is what we assert.
- The Hecar Foundation The Foundation seeks to educate the public about architecture (including heritage and urban issues) through talks, publications, exhibitions, scholarships and seminars.
- Avert Society HIV/AIDS is a challenge to Medical Sciences, Society and Global Economy. Estimate of 2.3 million (source 2007 data) being HIV positive in India is a cause of concern. Maharashtra is one of the High Prevalence States for HIV infection in India. This challenge is addressed in Maharashtra by various agencies and organizations. Maharashtra State AIDS Control Society (MSACS), Avert Society and Mumbai Districts AIDS Control Society (MDACS).
- Stree Mukti Sanghatana The Constitution of India as well as other laws have conferred equal rights and status on women. These however have not been actualized as yet. In every field, women occupy a secondary and subsidiary place. The role of the Stree Mukti Sanghatana therefore becomes necessary to help liberate women from economic, social, political, cultural and psychological oppression.
- Soham Foundation As a responsible corporate citizen, we have established the Soham Foundation a non-profit organization which endeavors to enhance, enrich and empower society and the environment to lead better and more fulfilled lives. The Foundations initiatives include community service projects and institutions covering the fields of education, healthcare and wellness, sports and environment protection.
- Rotary International Rotary International is the worlds first service club organization, with more than 1.2 million members who are business, profession and community leaders. Rotary club members, known as Rotarians, are volunteers who work locally, regionally, and internationally to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the world.
- SarthiWM SarthiWM has been formed by a set of experienced professionals with an aim of creating a premier financial services organization, providing a complete range of Customized Financial Management Solutions to individuals and corporate. Personalized service combined with unique solutions to meet diverse objectives, are the pillars of our foundation.
- GiveIndia A social legal organisation offering services in children, education, employment, environment, health and human rights.
- NOOR MEHER CHARITABLE TRUST NOOR MEHER CHARITABLE TRUST is an organization based in Mumbai, India. Primarily to promote the Religious Education and welfare for orphan and poor Muslim children.The Trust is registered Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950, Regd no. E-20745 MUMBAI, Noor Meher Charitable Trust comes under the Income Tax Exemption Act, 1961 12A .
- Punarvas Education Society More than 500 million people in the world handicapped having physical, mental, sensory impairments or mental difficulties, are prevented from becoming useful members of our community. We, at Punarvas, have tackled this problem by imparting Educational, Diagnostic & Vocational Services for the mentally challenged by specially trained personnel thereby laying a foundation for them to be integrated in the society.
- Voice This type of exploitative life produces such negative effects as stunted growth, increased susceptibility to disease, and psychological scarring. This work also deprives the children of an education that will allow them the mental growth necessary to escape this degradation.
- Bombay Community Public Trust The Bombay Community Public Trust (BCPT) was set up in July 1991 as a Community Foundation.By then,there were models of successful Community Chests which could be emulated.Community Chests are funding intermediaries which enable people to channel their resources to solving the civic problems of a defined area a city.
- Arpan Arpan is a registered organization based in Mumbai with a mission to Prevent the occurrence of Child Sexual Abuse and heal those who have been affected by it.Founded by Pooja Taparia, Mumbai,Arpan began in year 2003 by making little differences to the underprivileged community by becoming a platform for volunteers and individuals who seek opportunities to contribute.
- The Humsafar Trust The Humsafar Trust was set up in April 2004 by a group of self-identified homosexual men who desired to reach out to the MSM population in the Mumbai Metro and surrounding areas. The Trust began its activities by inviting gay men and lesbian women to attend its workshops on Fridays. Since a decade the trust is working in the arena of HIV intervention programme in Mumbai and Thane district with the MSM/Hijra population. Most of its activities are supported by MDACS (NACO), FHI - Delhi, FHI - BMGF, Avert Society and DFID.
- Nerul Nair Seva Samaj Nerul Nair Seva Samaj a charitable organization created for the welfare of the Nair community in Nerul, Navi Mumbai came into existence on 22nd July, 2008. Registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950, and Income Tax Act, 1964, the Samaj was inaugurated on 14th September 2008. The Samaj retains the umblical cord cultural uniqueness of the Nairs at the janmabhumi place of birth while adapting many practices of the times of the karma bhumi place of domicile.
Organisations - ALL INDIA
@ All India (2740)
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.