- 12 pieces :Chicken
- 40 gms. :Ginger paste
- 40 gms. :Garlic paste
- 3 tbsps : Lemon juice
- 1 tsp :White pepper powder
- 100 gms :Gram Flour
- ½ Cup :Bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp :Ginger
- 2 tbsps :Coriander
- 1/3 tsp :Green cardamom powder
- 2 tsps :Groundnut oil
- 4 tbsps :Butter
- Salt As required
For the Batter
- 3 :Eggs
- 1 tsp :Black cumin seeds
- 1 tsp :Saffron
- Skin the chicken, debone and cut each breast into 2 pieces.
- Mix ginger and garlic paste, lemon juice with white pepper powder and rub into the chicken pieces and keep aside for an hour.
- Clean and chop the ginger and coriander.
- Heat butter and groundnut oil in a kadhai, add gramflour and saute until golden brown colour.
- Remove about 4 tsps., keep aside and to the remaining mixture add Breadcrumbs, chopped ginger, coriander and chicken pieces.
- Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- For the batter separate the egg yolks, discard the whites, transfer to bowl, add cumin, saffron and the 4 tsps. of gramflour mixture and whisk all these ingredients.
- Skewer 6 chicken pieces together, leave a gap of 2 inches and then skewer the next lot.
- Then coat each set with the prepared batter.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes/tandoor for 5-6 mins.
- Remove and serve hot sprinkled with cardamom powder.