Punjabi dishes are simple, healthy and yet have their own fascination. From several dishes of Aloo (potato) here is another dish marking the food marvel of Punjab - ' Aloo Amritsari'. Sudden coming of guests at meal times is no more a porblem. Generally referred as 'emergency dish', Aloo Amritsari dish is easy to prepare and fast to cook.
Ingredients (Serves: 3)
- 2 sliced Onions
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1/2 cup Bengal Gram Flor (Besan)
- 1 tsp Corainder Powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Dried Pomegranate seeds (Annardana Powder)
- Oil For frying
- Handful Corainder Leaves
- Salt To taste
- Cut Potato into long pieces
- By adding little water, make a thin batter of 'Besan', Salt, Ginger-Garlic Paste & Ajwain Seeds
- Heat 2 tsp of oil, add onions and fry briefly over high heat till brown.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, annardana powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Add the POTATO and toss well.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes at Simmer flame.
- Garnish with corainder leaves
- Serve hot aloo amritsari.