Badaam Halwa (Almond Fudge)
Badaam Halwa is a rich, sumptuous, mouth watering delicacy prepared in India. Almonds, which are popularly called as Badaam in India are used to prepare this relishing dessert. Also called as Indian Almond Fudge, this sweet dish is rich in calories. Serving hot Badaam Halwa is noting less than offering a delectable treat.
- 2 cups Badaam (Almonds)
- 1 cup Ghee
- 2 drops Kesar Colour
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Sugar
- Take some hot water in a container and add all badaams (almonds) to it.
- Leave the badaam in hot water for 1 hour.
- Remove the outer skin of badaam.
- Grind all badaams to a paste with milk.
- Prepare sugar syrup and boil till it reaches a one string consistency.
- Add the badaam paste to sugar syrup.
- Cook till the mixture thickens.
- Add the kesar colour.
- Add ghee with caution in small amounts stirring continuously on low heat.
- Hot Badaam Halwa is ready to be served.