Bhakkervadi or Bhakarwadi is one of the favourite recipes of Gujaratis. It is made out of besan and mashed potatoes. It is very scrumptious and east to cook snack. The ingredients are given below. You can try out preparing yourself at home. The cooking method is also given for you to guide you in making this tasty and yummy bhakkervadi of Gujarat.
- 2 cup of mashed potatoes
- 2 tsp of besan (chick-pea flour)
- 1 tsp of green chilli paste
- 1 tsp of garlic paste
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 tbsp of hara dhania
- 2 tsp of sugar or according to the taste
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 cup of refined flour
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of salt or according to the taste
- Take potatoes, besan, green dhania, sugar, salt, dhania powder, chilli paste, garlic and ginger paste and mix all these together properly. Keep it seperately.
- Next, take maida and knead it to a stiff dough with the help of oil and water. Make three equal pieces of the dough prepared and roll them into one inch thick strip.
- Spread each of the strip with the potato mixture and roll it like a swiss roll. Seal the edges with the help of water.
- Leave it apart without covering for at least fifteen minutes. Fry it in a pan till it color turns golden or each side and becomes crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel to soak up any extra oil.
- Yummy Bhakkervadi is ready to eat. It can also be stored for two weeks in a airtight container.