Celery Payaru Thoran
- 6- 8 sticks: Celery chopped
- 1/2 cup: Green moon (cherupayar) cooked to 3/4th
- 3/4 cup: Grated coconut
- 1/4 : Chopped onion
- 2 cloves: Garlic
- 1 small piece: Ginger cut into julian strips
- 6-7: Green chillies chopped (can alter based on taste)
- 2-3: Dried red chillies
- 1 stick: Curry leaves
- 1 tsp: Mustard
- 1/2 tsp: Cumin
- 1 tbsp: Oil
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard to it and let it splutter
- Just pound the garlic and cumin together and add it to the oil and fry it for few seconds.
- Add ginger, chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves, red chillies and fry it for a minute.
- Add the celery and coconut and cook it till the celery is half cooked.
- Add the cooked cherupayar and cook it covered for some more until everything is evenly cooked.
- Add salt to taste