Chum Chum is a popular sweet dish of West Bengal. Being a traditional treat during festivals in India, the Chum Chum comes ina large varuety of colors ranging from yellow, pink, white etc. Here, is a recipe to prepare Chum Chum at home.
- 250 gms Cottage Cheese (paneer)
- 1/4 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 100 gms unsweetened condensed Milk
- 2 -3 drops Lemon Colour
- 2 tblsp Refined Flour (maida)
- Saffron Strands
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Take a pan and add sugar and water in it.
- Melt sugar in water and heat up to make a thin syrup.
- Knead the cottage cheese with flour and shape into oval shaped fingers.
- Transfer then to the sugar syrup and boil for around eight minutes.
- Take off the pan from heat and mix lemon color to the syrup.
- Allow it to cool for a while.
- Take off the chum-chums from the syrup.
- Mix in saffron and cardamom powder to sugarless, creamy, condensed milk.
- Spread this on each piece.
- Serve cold and relishing Chum Chum.