Coconut Burfi is a very popular Indian sweet. Enjoy an easy recipe to prepare Coconut Burfi on your own.
- 2 cups Scraped Coconut Shreds
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1-1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Gently fry the coconut shreds at a moderate temperature in a heated pan.
- Remove it from heat when the coconut milk moisture is somewhat lessened.
- Now boil water over moderate heat in a separate vessel.
- When the water boils, add the sugar and keep on stirring till the sugar water boils.
- Add milk to the boiling sugar syrup.
- Add the fried coconut shreds to it, when the sugar syrup reaches a thick syrupy stage .
- Stir constantly till the coconut and sugar syrup are blended thickly and stickily together.
- Now add ghee and cardamom seeds powder.
- Stir till the mixture looks thick.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a ghee-smeared table or plate.
- With the help of an oiled flat slice flatten the surface evenly .
- When cold, cut into squares or diamond shapes and serve.