Coconut ladoos, as the name suggests, are balls made out of coconut, which is combined with suji (semolina) and sugar. The basic recipe remains the same, which makes it easy to learn and try. Moreover, it is a simple recipe that doesn't consume much time. While coconut ladoo is generally made by using generous amounts of ghee (clarified butter), you can also ensure a similar taste, by using condensed milk. Here is a recipe to prepare coconut ladoo.
- 300 grams Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1 tin Condensed Milk
- 200 grams Suji (Semolina)
- 200 grams Powdered Sugar
- Dry-roast the semolina in a kadhai.
- Take it out and keep it aside as soon as it starts to get slightly brown.
- Add one cup grated coconut in the semolina.
- Keep the rest to wrap the ladoos for later on. Let the mixture cool a bit.
- Mix the ground sugar after a while and add 3/4 tin milkmaid and mix well.
- Now add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- Roll the ladoo in the dry coconut powder which was kept aside earlier.
- Keep in refrigerator once done.
- Serve delicious Coconut Ladoo