Fish Fried Rice
Ingredients (Serves: 4-6)
- 1/2 kg: Fish, cut into small pieces (white fish is best)
- 2 cup: Long grained rice
- 2 large: Onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp: Desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp: Ground coriander
- 11/22 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1-inch: Piece ginger
- 2 tsp: Ground cumin seeds
- ½ tsp: Fenugreek seeds
- 1 : Bay leaf
- Juice of a ½ lime
- 1/2 cup: Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash the rice and soak it in cold water for at least 1 hour.
- Wash and cut the fish into 2-inch pieces.
- Mix the coriander, cumin, turmeric, fenugreek and ginger together.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan and fry the mixture for about a minute.
- Place the fish in the pan, stir without breaking the pieces.
- Cover the pan and allow the fish to cook in its own steam for five minutes.
- Remove the fish carefully with a fish slice and keep them warm.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions with the bay leaf in the remaining oil till brown.
- Drain the rice and add to the onions.
- Mix the coconut and lemon juice in the rice and fry lightly for a couple of minutes.
- Pour a cup of water into the pan in which fish was fried and bring to the boil, pour this water into the rice mixture.
- Add extra warm water, just enough for the rice to simmer and cook
- Turn the rice out on a serving plate and arrange the cooked fish pieces on top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.