Gajar Ka Halwa
Ingredients (Serves: 2)
- 1 kg Carrots
- 1 liter Milk
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Seeds
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Almonds
- 2 tablespoons Pistachios
- 450 grams Sugar
- 200 gms Khoya
- Take a sauce pan and add 1/2 litre Milk to boil.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking at simmer flame. Keep stirring so that milk does not stick to the base of the pan.
- Stir more vigorously as milk gets thicker. The khoya is cooked when the milk is reduced to a thick, dry lump and it has stopped sizzling.
- Remove from the pan and leave it to cool.
Gajar Ka Halwa Using Khoya
- Wash and grate the carrots.
- Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes.
- Blanch and shred the nuts.
- Boil the water, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes and then add the milk.
- Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
- Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add khoya to it and mix well.
- Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins and mix well.
- Take gajar ka halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
Gajar Ka Halwa Using Milk
- Wash the carrots and grate them.
- Boil 1 litre of milk in a pan and soak the raisins in it.
- When the milk starts boiling add the grated carrots in it and cook on high flame for 5-7 minutes.
- Simmer the flame and cook for at least 1 hour until all the milk gets soaked up.
- Add sugar to it and mix will along with continuous steer on low flame. Stir well until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add ghee and mix well. Now garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- Serve hot for relishing taste.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.