Galinha Cafreal (Chicken marinated and fried)
- 1 full: Large chicken (1¼ kg:) jointed
- 2 medium size: Onions, chopped fine
- 4 large: Tomatoes, halved
- 6 medium size: Potatoes, boiled, halved
- 6 : Green chillies/peppers
- 1 ¼ inch piece: Ginger
- 10 cloves: Garlic
- 1 tbsp: Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp: Garam masala
- 1 tbsp: Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp: Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Grind to a fine paste, the ginger, garlic and all the spices in the lemon juice, including the green chillies/peppers and half chopped onions, adding salt as per taste.
- Joint the chicken and apply the ground spices to the chicken pieces.
Marinate the chicken for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and saute the rest of the chopped onion.
- Fry the chicken turning them over both the sides till the pieces are browned and cooked (approx. 20 mins).
- In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp oil and fry potatoes and then very lightly the halved tomatoes.
- Serve the chicken with the fried potatoes and tomatoes.