Goan Fish Curry (Hot and sour)
- 1/2 kg: Shark fish or sting ray
- 1 medium size: Onion, chopped fine
- 8 no: Cloves garlic
- 1" piece: Ginger
- 8 : Red dried red chillies or peppers
- 10 pcs: Peppercorns
- 8 pcs: Cloves
- 1" stick: Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon: Cummin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon: Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon: Sugar
- 2 tablespoons: Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon: Oil
- A few curry leaves
- 1 1/2 cups: Water
- Salt as per taste
- Clean, wash and slice fish. Apply salt and keep aside.
- Grind all the spices, garlic and ginger in the vinegar then add the sugar.
- Heat oil on medium flame and sauté onion till golden brown. Add the ground spices to this and stir fry for 1 minute. Add the curry leaves and the water gradually. Stir cook 15 minutes till the sauce is thick. Add the fish pieces and cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove and serve.