Jhangora Ki Kheer is a sweet dish of Uttaranchal. It is prepared with Jhangora (a local cereal), milk, sugar and dry fruits. It is usually served as dessert. The ingredients and method of cooking are given below. This Garhwali recipe is a easy to cook recipe. Try preparing the dish yourself at home.
- 500 gm: Jhangor
- 200 gm: Sugar
- 2 lt: Milk
- 50 gm: Raisins
- 50 gm: Cashew nuts
- 100 gm: Chironji
- Kewara essence as required
- Take the milk and boil it in a pan.
- Add to it the jhangor and cook it well. Stir it properly and check out that it do not stick to the pan.
- Add sugar to it and again cook for some more time.
- Now add kewara essence to the cooked jhangor and mix it properly.
- Garnish the preparation with chopped dry fruits and serve this delicious kheer hot or cold.