Kala Jamuns are made from paneer and khoya and deep fried and coated with sugar syrup. These are also known as dark gulab jamuns. Here is a recipe to prepare Kala Jamun.
- 500 gms Milk Solids
- 100 gms Cottage Cheese
- 3 tbsp Refined Flour
- 1/4 tsp Soda Bi-carbonate
- 3 cup Sugar
- 11/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Castor Sugar
- Ghee for Frying
- Grate paneer and khoya .
- Sieve flour with soda bicarbonate.
- Mix these ingredients and make a soft dough with proper kneading.
- Use 1 1/2 cups of water and sugar to make sugar syrup and keep it aside.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and make round balls.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and spread caster sugar on a tray.
- Roll the dough balls on the caster sugar and deep fry on medium heat. Be sure to heat on the medium flame.
- Temperature should not be very high or else the kala jamuns will remain uncooked from inside.
- Drain when evenly cooked and dark brown in color and transfer to the sugar syrup.
- Soak them for 15 minutes.
- Kala Jamuns are ready to smack your lips.