Kalakand is a traditional Indian sweet prepared with milk and sugar. It's primarily prepared during the festival of Janmashtmi as the devotees of Lord Krisha prepare umpteen number of scrumptious recipes. This is basically a sweet obtained from dairy products.
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid
- 2 liters Milk
- 1/2 cup chopped Nuts (Pista, Almonds)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Dissolve citric acid in water in a jar.
- Take a pan and boil 1 litre of milk.
- As it comes to boil, add citric acid solution to it.
- As the chenna settles, sieve through muslin cloth.
- Press out excess water, take in a plate and press down.
- Boil the remaining milk in a pan.
- Add cheena and boil till it turns thick
- Add sugar to it and cook till the mixture turns lumpy.
- Spread it over a greased plate.
- Allow it to cool.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts on the lumped mixture.
- As it sets, cut into square pieces.
- Kalaland is ready to be served.