Kashmiri qambargah is a non vegeterian recipe from a Kashmiri cookbook in India. Lamb rib chops, cooked in a spice mixture then coated in besan batter and fried. Arrange the ingredients and cook according to the instructions given below.
- 12: Lamb rib chops (large)
- 1 litre: Milk
- Besan batter (made from besan and water)
- Yoghurt (thick, beaten)
- 1 tsp: Ginger powder
- 1 tsp: Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs: Fennel seed
- 6 pcs: Cloves
- 4 pcs: Cardamoms (black)
- 2 pcs: Cardamoms (green)
- 2 pcs(1 inch): Cinnamon sticks
- 2-3: Bay leaves (Indian tez patta)
- 1 piece: Mace (or grated nutmeg)
- Salt to taste
- Flatten lamb chops.
- Tie spices in a muslin/ cheese cloth bag.
- Heat the milk. Add meat and the bag of spices and simmer until liquid evaporates and chops are tender.
- Now dip each chop in beaten yogurt, then dip in besan batter. Then fry on both sides in ghee.
- take out on a paper towel to soak up any extra oil.
- Now it is ready to eat. Serve after rubbing garlic on the chops.