Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 cup: Wheat flour (aata), sieved
- 1 cup: Gram flour (besan), sieved
- 1/2 cup: Peanuts, coarsely pounded
- 2 tbsp: White sesame seeds (til)
- 1 tsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- 3 cups: Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp: Chilli powder
- 1 tsp: Sugar
- 1/2 tsp: Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp: Soda bicarb
- Oil as needed
- Salt to taste
- Mix flours, sesame seeds, coriander leaves, peanut powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, soda bicarb, ginger-garlic paste, sugar and salt. Add water and make a thick paste.
- Heat 2 tbsps oil and add to the paste.
- Grease a deep platter and spread the paste evenly. Steam for 15 minutes in an idli steamer or pressure cooker, without using the weight. Remove and cool.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil and deep fry these pieces.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.