- 1 cup: Broken wheat (Dalia)
- 3/4 cup: Sugar
- 2 tablespoon: Almonds
- 16-18: Raisins
- 1 teaspoon: Cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup: Ghee
- 2 1/2 cup: Hot water
- Soak the raisins in 1/2 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add the broken wheat. Saute on a high flame till it turns pinkish brown.
- Add hot water, partly cover and cook on a medium flame till most of the water has evaporated. Add more water if the wheat is not tender enough.
- Once all the water has evaporated, add the sugar, ghee and 1/2 cup water. Stir. Place a griddle or tava below the pan and cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- The lapsi is ready when the ghee starts oozing out from the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot garnished with blanched almonds and pistachios.