Misa Mach Poora (Grilled Shrimps)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 cup: Uncooked shrimps, shelled and de-veined
- 1 large: Onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp: Lime juice
- 1 tsp: Ground coriander
- 12 pcs: Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp: Mustard oil
- 1 tsp: Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Rub salt and turmeric powder on the shelled shrimps. Keep aside.
- In half cup of water in a medium-size pan add the coriander, and peppercorns, and bring the water to the boil.
- Add the shrimps and cook for exactly 2 minutes. Drain the water and add the oil.
- Turn the shrimps into a shallow flame-proof dish or a greased banana leaf.
- Spread the shrimps over the surface, grill or roast upon open charcoal fire in wrapped banana leaves.
- Before serving pour the lemon juice on top of the shrimps.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.