- 1 1/2 cup: Maida (plain flour)
- 1/2 cup: Jaggery
- 1 cup: Water
- 1/4 tsp: Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp: Ghee
- Ghee to deep fry
- Heat the water and jaggery till all of it dissolves in the water.
- Strain and cool a bit.
- Mix the cardamom powder and ghee in the flour.
- Knead the flour with the jaggery water.
- The dough should be stiff but pliable.
- Break into approx. 20 parts.
- Knead each with palm and roll into 4" rounds.
- Make many tiny slits with knife or fork on each on both sides.
- Keep them aside on a clean cloth for an hour or so to dry a bit.
- Deep fry in hot ghee on low flame till light golden in colour.
- Drain and cool for a while.
- The khajas will become crisper and harder as they cool.
- Store in airtight container after cooling completely.