Mohan Thal (Mohanthal) is an exclusive dessert of Indian cuisine. Also famous by the name of Gram Flour Fudge, it's prepared with a touch of cardamom flavor and topped with sliced almonds. Its irresistible jinx and delectable taste makes it a must consume if available.
- 2 tbsp sliced Almonds
- 2 cups Besan (Gram flour)
- 6 tbsp unsalted Butter or Ghee
- 1/2 cup heavy Cream
- 1 tblp warm Milk
- 1 cup Milk Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom Seed Powder
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Melt the butter and mix it with gram flour. Rub between both palms to prepare the mixture.
- When the texture become a lightly rough powder, keep it aside for fifteen minutes.
- Now add warm milk.
- Rub the mixture again between your both palms.
- Take a pan and put cream and milk powder in it.
- Cook on medium heat with continuous stirring continuously until mixture comes together and appears like a soft dough.
- Remove the pan from heat and keep aside.
- Mix the milk dough and gram flour mixture together.
- Fry on medium heat with continuous stirring until it becomes light brown in color and starts giving off a sweet aroma.
- Take note of one thing that stir fry continuously making sure it stays powdery.
- Take it off from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Take a saucepan and boil sugar and water together on medium heat until syrup is 2 threads or 225 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Mix well the syrup with flour mixture.
- Pour on an eight inch greased plate. Be careful to transfer it before the syrup cools down.
- Be sure that Mohanthal should be about ? inch thick and shape it into a square shape on the plate.
- Garnish bu spreading sliced almonds evenly over the top, while it is still hot.
- While it's warm, cut the mohanthal into 1-inch square shapes.
- Relishing Mohathal is ready to be served.
- 1.Serve at room temperature. At room temperature mohanthal can be kept for 2 weeks or refrigerate for a month.
Copyright © 2013 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.