- 700 gms :Chicken
- 60 ml :Vinegar
- 8 :Green Chilies
- 2 tsps : White pepper powder
- 4 tsps :Ginger paste
- 4 tsps :Garlic paste
- 2 cups :Curd
- 100 ml :Cream
- Butter for basting As required
- Salt As required
- Cut the chicken into 8 pieces.
- Deseed and finely chop the green chilies.
- Mix the chilies, pepper, salt, ginger, garlic pastes with vinegar in a large bowl.
- Rub this marinade mixture into the chicken pieces and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Hang the curd in a muslin cloth for 4 hours to remove the whey.
- Then mix the curd with the cream in a large bowl, transfer the chicken to this mixture and keep aside for 3 hours.
- Skewer the chicken pieces an inch apart .
- Roast in a moderately hot tandoor for 10 minutes, in a charcoal grill for 10 minutes and in an oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove and hang the skewers to allow the excess moisture to drip off, then baste with butter and roast again for 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with onion rings and mint chutney