Papad ki Sabzi
Get the extraordinary taste of Rajasthan cuisine with papad curry or papad ki sabji. Papads are prepared with besan(chickpea flour) and spices. Here we are soaking the papads in gravy and making an excellent curry. It tastes superb with jeera(cumin) rice.
- 200 gm: Papad (fried and broken into 2/3 inch pieces)
300 gm: Yogurt
- 4 tbsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp: Chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp: Chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp: Chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp: Red chilly powder
- 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp: Coriander powder
- 6 tbsp: Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a pan add the cumin seeds.
- When they start to crackle add ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Fry for 3-4 minutes over medium heat, add chopped ginger and green chillies. Then add the beaten yogurt and fry for another 3 minutes. Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Put the papad pieces into the boiling gravy and lower the flame to a simmer and cook for 6 - 7 minutes.
- Season to taste, remembering that papad is already salted.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.