Papletchi Amti (Pomfret curry) is a special recipe of Maharashtra. It is basically made from Pomfrets (fish), peeled raw mango, chopped onions and spices. In this section we will guide you how to prepare Papletchi Amti. The ingredients are mentioned below. Arrange the ingredients and then follow the method of preparation. You can prepare this recipe at home as its method of preparation is very easy. So what are you waiting for? Prepare this wonderful dish by yourself for your family and friends.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- Pomfrets (fish): 2
- Raw mango, skin removed: 4 pieces (alternately, 5 kokums or 1 tsp of
- Onions, chopped finely: 2
- C hopped Green chillies: 2
- Thick coconut milk: 4 cups
- Coriander seeds: 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves: 8
- Garlic paste: 1 tsp
- Ginger paste: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt according to the taste
- First sliced the fish and wash it properly in a running water.
- Take half of turmeric powder, half of ginger-garlic paste and salt. Apply to the fish and marinate it for one hour.
- Meanwhile grind the coriander seeds, turmeric powder, chilli powder and the leftover ginger paste very finely. Keep it aside.
- Heat the oil and add it to the curry leaves and green chillies. After 2 minutes add chopped onions to it. Fry it by stiring till it turns to golden color.
- Next, add fish to it and cook till it is done.
- In between add ground masala that is mixed with two table spoons of water.
- After the fish is cooked, add to it mango pieces or kokums or tamarind paste.
- Finally add coconut milk and salt according to the taste. Simmer it only boiling once as a whole piece.
- Garnish the preparation with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice and pickle.