For all fish lovers here is one of the best recipe. It is known as Poora Mach, a special recipe for the people in North East India. It is the whole fish (Sole fish) prepared in barbecue or open charcoal fire. Check out the ingredients and invite your guest at home for a yummy treat of Poora Mach.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 500 gm: Sole fish
- 2 tbsp: Mustard seeds, soaked and ground
- 1 bunch: Chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves
- 6 flakes: Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp: Chilli powder
- 2 tbsps: Lime juice
- 1 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp: Mustard oil
- 1 tsp: Salt
- The first thing to do to prepare Poora Mach is to ease the fillets of the fish away from its backbone and leave them attached to the sides.
- In the inside and outside of the fish as a whole, rub oil. Also apply between the fillets.
- Mix well all the ingredients and a make a paste of it. Marinate the fish with this paste. Spoon inside the fish the remaining of it. Leave it for an hour.
- Next, take an aluminum foil and wrap the fish in it. Cook it on a barbecue. If you cook the fish in an open charcoal fire, do not wrap it with foil. Tie the fish with banana leaf and cook it till it is ready to serve.
- Ignite your taste buds with this ready to eat Poora Mach.
- It will taste best if served with plain boiled rice.