Sheera is one of the tastiest treats of Maharashtra cuisine. Sheera is a traditional Maharashtrian dish, prepared on the occassion of the Satyanarayan puja. It is prepared as holy prasad on the Puja. Usally Sheera serves as a best breakfast recipe in Maharashtra homes.
- 1 1/4 cups: Semolina (rava or sooji)
- 1 1/4 cups: Milk
- 1 1/4 cups: Clarified butter (ghee)
- 2 tbsp: Raisins, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1/2 tsp: Cardamom powder
- 5 large : Bananas, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups: Sugar
- Roast rava in the ghee till aromatic.
- Heat milk and lower the flame. Add roasted rava, chopped bananas, sugar and blend well.
- Add raisins and cardamom powder to garnish.