Please ypur family and loved ones with the sweet and delicious Bengali sweet dish, Sondesh. Sondesh is traditional bengali sweet dish prepared with khoya and cottage cheese. Feel the sweetness of Bengal in your own kitchen today and remember, prepare it with love. It will be more tasty.
Making time: 20 minutes (excluding chilling and hanging time)
Shelflife: 3 days refrigerated
Ingredients (Makes: 7-8 pieces (depending on size of mould))
- 150 gm: Paneer
- ½ cup: Khoya, grated
- 6 tbsp: Sugar/gur
- 6-8: Almonds, shredded thin lengthwise
- 4-6: Chhoti elaichi, crushed a little
- 6-7 strands: Kesar
- Blend the paneer, khoya and sugar/gur together till smooth. You can do this in a blender or use the back of a katori to mash them together.
- Mix in the elaichi and set in a layer about ½" thick.
- Refrigerate till set and cut into squares or diamonds and serve.