Sorpotel is a dish of Portuguese origin. In India it is popular mainly in Goa, if you want to make it in your kitchen we will tell you the way. It is usually prepared at the time of catholic festivals and the house hold occasions. Sorptel is spicy pork recipe consisting of pork's liver and heart.
- 1 kg: Pork
- 1/2 kg: Pork liver and heart
- 1 cup: Pork blood mixed with 1/2 cup coconut vinegar
- 1 pod: Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 inch piece: Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup: Onions, finely chopped
- 4-6: Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/4 bottle: Coconut vinegar
- Small ball of tamarind, soaked in a cup of water
- Salt to taste
- Grind these into a paste with
a little vinegar
- 1 teaspoon: Cummin seeds
- 6-8: Cloves
- 1 tsp: Turmeric
- 10 pcs: Peppercorns
- 1 inch piece: Cinammon bark
- 18-20: Dry chillies
- Wash and boil the uncut pork, liver and heart. Cool and cube into small pieces then brown in a little pork fat, remove and set aside.
- Add ginger, garlic and onions and fry until onions change colour. Add masala and stir and fry for a minute or so then return meat to pan along with the tamarind and some of the vinegar if more liquid is required. Cook on a low heat for 1- 1 1/2 hours until meat is tender. Add the chillies and blood, cook for another ten minutes or so.