Indian recipes are fabulous collections from the great Indian culture. Vegetable puff is local specility from Karnataka. It is cooke d with potatoes, peas and lot of spices. Veg puff tastes great as well as it looks fabulous in presentation.
Ingredients (Makes: 12 puffs)
- 1 pc : Ready to use pastry roll (Pepperidge farms)
- Mixed Vegetables (potatoes, peas may be added) to taste
- Green Chilies to taste
- Cook a vegetable mix with potatoes, peas, green chilies and lots of Masala. Check for salt, before you stuff it in the pastry roll.
- Thaw the roll for about 10 minutes before unfolding.
- After the pastry roll has thawed, open it out on a flat sheet and roll it with a pin to make it a little thinner. The pastry sheet would now be about 12" x 12".
- Cut the sheet into 6 pieces.
- Place about 2-3 Tbsp of the cooked vegetable onto the sheet and fold it around it. Seal all the corners, by pressing the sheets together and applying a little water.
- Stick it into a pre-heated oven (350 F) for about 20-30 minutes or until it browns. Make sure that you flip it around every 5-10 minutes.