FestivalsFestivals truly bring out the rich diversity of India in its best form. Many festivals are celebrated across India on national and state levels. The festivals directory of India is a vast information resource on the various festivals celebrated in India. Here under the festival web guide get all detailed information on various religious festivals of India, harvest festivals, famous rural fairs and festivals of India and other festival information such as upcoming festivals, dates and events, cultural programs and performances during the time of festivals in India. View a website listing of popular Indian festivals under the online festival directory.
Latest Website Listings
- Raksha Bandhan Provding information about Raksha Bandhan - a festival like a thread of love - in terms of history, legends, significance, taditions & customs to rakhi greeting cards, messages, thali decoration, recipes and gifts.
- 1stganeshfestival.com A website providing information about Ganesha festival in Mumbai.
- Baijnath Temple What happened to the shrine in the centuries that followed is not exactly known but it appears to have continued under worship, as there is clear evidence of repairs and renovations from time to time. In the 18 th century Sansara Chandra II, the Katoch king of Kangra, carried out extensive repairs and renovations of the temple.
- Holi Festival Providing information about festival of love and colors, traditions & customs of festival, festival greetings, songs, gifts and messages.
- Christmas Day Providing information about one of the most pouplar festivals of Christians with information about Jesus Christ, Santa Claus, christmas tree, christmas history, religious aspects, christmas story, origin of festival, celebrations, inlcuding gifts, costumes, ornaments, recipes.
- Baisakhi Festival Providing information about Baisakhi Festival, harvest festival, its significance, history, legends, customs & traditions, celebrations, foundation of khalsa panth, baisakhi dances, recipes & importance in india.
- Christmas Day A festival site on Christmas day offering Christmas shopping from top e-commerce enabled sites, information about Christmas celebrations, evolution, significance, poems, stories and Christmas gifts.
- festivals in kerala The giddha dance of Punjab, the kaykotti kali during Onam is the diversity of the Indian culture. Usually each tradition, dance or song form is associated with a festival. The typicality of the harvest festival in India like a Vaisakhi in Punjab or a Vishu in Kerala denotes the bounty and blessings received by nature. The Rath yatra, monthly holy days are revered by all Indians. Sweetmeats in India and attire for festivals are customary and there is a rich tradition followed by all Indians in their homes as a part of celebration.
- Padayani Padayani is the annual ritualistic festival celebrated in Bhadrakali temples of Central travancore zone with due dedications. The very spirit of central travancore finds its appearance in Padayani as that of Malabar in Theyyam. Padayani all the villagers take active part without racial discriminations.
- dussehra Dusshera is the main Hindu festival of Karnataka. This ten days festival was celebrated with extravagance by the rulers of Vijayanagar Empire. Later, this became a tradition. The festival was celebrated at Mysore where a Durbar was held for 9 days and on the 10th day a huge procession was taken out with decorated elephants, colorful folks and much more. It is still celebrated in Mysore with great pomp and show.
- Spice Court Spice Court at Civil Lines, is one of the supreme multi cuisines restaurants in town. Situated at a posh locality in the city, the joint offers the best in hospitality, ambience, and entertainment and of course food.Appealing to the eye this multi-cuisine restaurant does stimulate the senses fully. The restaurant has a culbhouse ambience with a covered restaurant and also an open area.
- Ramgarhiakom Republic day celebration at Indian consulate office at Birmingham. S. Lachhman Singh Bhamra and S.Didar Singh Bansal also seen in the picture.
- Rajasthan Leisure Pvt. Ltd. We, Rajasthan Leisure Pvt. Ltd. as a destination management company try to make your leisure time most joyful and happiest of your life. We even make your business time most pleasurable and hassle free while you decide to organize your tour with us. We are headquartered in Jaipur Rajasthan and have branch offices/contact persons across Rajasthan and in main cities in India.
- Maha Shivaratri Offering information about mahashivaratri festival, its rituals, shivaratri pooja, celebrations, regional celebrations, shivaratri fast and significance of shivratri.
- Teej Festival Offering information about teej festival, its rituals, significance, legends, puja process, celebrations, recipes, gift ideas and fast of teej.
- christmas One particularly nice thing about Christmas is that most of us have the opportunity of enjoying food that we don't normally eat at any other time of year. It's not just the absence of Christmas delicacies throughout the rest of the year that makes them special, it is also the wonderful richness of the seasonal food. It is the one time of the year when most of us can reassure ourselves with those bold words "What the hell, it's only once a year".
- Kadambavanam Kadambavanam is their Dream Project envisioned to protect and promote the cause of Tamil heritage and culture. It invites you to an evening of cultural activities capturing the different facets of the Tamil People. Astrology is part and parcel of Tamil tradition.
- Bhai Dooj A festival site offering information about legends of Bhai dooj, meaning & significance of bhai dooj, customs & traditions, puja decorative items, greeting cards and recipes.
- Pinarayionline Providing information about tourist places, temples and festivals of kerala.
- Eprarthana: Chaitra Vishu A site dedicated to festivals of india with pooja packages including information about temples, amman, ayyappan, balaji, ganesh, hanuman, lakshmi, murugan, sai baba,shiva and providing shopping also.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.