FestivalsFestivals truly bring out the rich diversity of India in its best form. Many festivals are celebrated across India on national and state levels. The festivals directory of India is a vast information resource on the various festivals celebrated in India. Here under the festival web guide get all detailed information on various religious festivals of India, harvest festivals, famous rural fairs and festivals of India and other festival information such as upcoming festivals, dates and events, cultural programs and performances during the time of festivals in India. View a website listing of popular Indian festivals under the online festival directory.
Latest Website Listings
- christmas On this page you will find holiday treasures such as printable cards, lyrics to your favorite Christmas carols, songs in MIDI format, unique craft ideas, decorating and tips for christmas shopping and hostess gifts.They have a lot of holiday stories, delicious recipes, links to other holiday web sites, and more, including our Christmas for kids-section, which offers fun, games, riddles, printables and other goodies just for kids.
- Kadambavanam Kadambavanam is their Dream Project envisioned to protect and promote the cause of Tamil heritage and culture. It invites you to an evening of cultural activities capturing the different facets of the Tamil People. Astrology is part and parcel of Tamil tradition.
- Explore jaipur Jaipur the capital city of the northern Indian state of Rajasthan is one of the most lively and colorful cities of India. It is popularly known as the 'pink city’ because of its pink- colored sandstone buildings, painted pink to welcome Prince Alfred in 1853, pink being the color of hospitality .Famous for its rich culture, forts, palaces, and lakes the city relishes in the glory of a rich and eventful past.
- 1stganeshfestival.com A website providing information about Ganesha festival in Mumbai.
- New Year Festival A festival site providing information about new year festival, new year eve celebrations, traditions, resolutions, quotes, messages, poems, songs, recipes, wishes and more.
- Thanksgiving Day Providing information about thanksgiving day traditions, customs, feast, celebrations, recipes and thanksgiving day fun including gifts, cards, jokes, poems and messages.
- Sri Jagannath Puri Dham Information Puri is one of the four holy dhamas of India (The otheres are Dvaraka, Badarinath and Rameshvaram). It is located 60km from Bhubaneshwar, on the coast of the Bay Of Bengal.Puri is called Sri Purusottama Dhama, the abode of the Lord Vishnu on earth. Other names are Sri-Ksetra, Nilachala and Jagannath Dhama. Puri is about 2 km wide and 4 km long.
- Sri Danamma Devi Devasthana The thought of a temple devoted to Sri Danamma Devi, to be built in Haveri, has been in the offing for several decades now, and finally took shape, when a group of women devotees in Haveri, took the initiative and held a meeting in 2003, which nominated nine devotees to lead the long aspired dream of building a temple of Sri Danamma Devi in Haveri. The meeting also unanimously suggested the name of Smt.
- Padayani Padayani is the annual ritualistic festival celebrated in Bhadrakali temples of Central travancore zone with due dedications. The very spirit of central travancore finds its appearance in Padayani as that of Malabar in Theyyam. Padayani all the villagers take active part without racial discriminations.
- Lohri Festival A harvest festival of punjab celebrated on 13th January every year with lohri dances, songs, colorful fairs, gifts, greeting cards and lohri recipes.
- Telugu Association of Greater Greenville Telugu Association of Greater Greenville TAGG is a non-profit organization devoted to the awareness and promotion of Telugu Culture in the Greater Greenville Area. The association caters to the cultural and social needs of the Telugu people living in and around Greater Greenville Area. TAGG organizes events to celebrate major festivals and organizes a picnic during summer as scheduled activities.
- Shubham The name Shubham itself signifies 'auspiciousness'. Established in 1985, by a group of 18 ladies, Shubham is one of the most well known ladies society of Jaipur with a present strength of 203 members. With constructive fellowship as its aim, Shubham has come a long way. Conducting a host of activities, it has clearly made a place for itself in Jaipur.
- Divine Voyages Pvt. Ltd. The magnificient palaces and forts, sand dunes and exotic fairs and festivals of Rajasthan, sandy beaches of Goa, backwaters beaches and ayurveda of Kerela, temples and garden of South India, mystical and magical Himalayas, erotic Khajuraho, temples of Varanasi monasteries of the the seven sister states of North East are some of the higlights which gives India a unique name of INCREDIBLE INDIA.
- Bhai Dooj A festival site offering information about legends of Bhai dooj, meaning & significance of bhai dooj, customs & traditions, puja decorative items, greeting cards and recipes.
- festivals It is one of the important festivals of Kerala. Vishu is celebrated in the month of April. According to the old traditional Malayalam calendar it is the 1st day of the New Year. The main event of the Vishu celebration is the 'Kani- Kanal'. Coconuts, fruits, cereals and Konna flowers are kept in big pots to prepare Kani. Behind this pot, a mirror and a garlanded statue of Krishna are kept. Early morning on the Vishu day, the master of the house sees the Kani and then the rest of the family follows. Children's are brought blind folded to see the Kani. The elders in the family give money to the youngsters and bless them. According to the local beliefs, if we you Kani good luck will stay with you till the year end.
- Christmas Day A festival site on Christmas day offering Christmas shopping from top e-commerce enabled sites, information about Christmas celebrations, evolution, significance, poems, stories and Christmas gifts.
- Shree Ayyappan temple Shree Ayyappan temple was constructed by Sri Sastha Trust which is an Registerd Charitable Organisation founded by Sri T.V. Raghavan in memory of Late. Sri T.S. Viswanathan and with the blessings of Smt. T. Vasantha.The land for Construction of the Temple was gifted by Sri T. Malathi and Sri T. Nalini.
- Baisakhi -- Harvest Festival Offering information about Baisakhi, a festival of North India and more prominently in Punjab.
- Rajasthan Leisure Pvt. Ltd. We, Rajasthan Leisure Pvt. Ltd. as a destination management company try to make your leisure time most joyful and happiest of your life. We even make your business time most pleasurable and hassle free while you decide to organize your tour with us. We are headquartered in Jaipur Rajasthan and have branch offices/contact persons across Rajasthan and in main cities in India.
- Spice Court Spice Court at Civil Lines, is one of the supreme multi cuisines restaurants in town. Situated at a posh locality in the city, the joint offers the best in hospitality, ambience, and entertainment and of course food.Appealing to the eye this multi-cuisine restaurant does stimulate the senses fully. The restaurant has a culbhouse ambience with a covered restaurant and also an open area.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.