FestivalsFestivals truly bring out the rich diversity of India in its best form. Many festivals are celebrated across India on national and state levels. The festivals directory of India is a vast information resource on the various festivals celebrated in India. Here under the festival web guide get all detailed information on various religious festivals of India, harvest festivals, famous rural fairs and festivals of India and other festival information such as upcoming festivals, dates and events, cultural programs and performances during the time of festivals in India. View a website listing of popular Indian festivals under the online festival directory.
Latest Website Listings
- Shubham The name Shubham itself signifies 'auspiciousness'. Established in 1985, by a group of 18 ladies, Shubham is one of the most well known ladies society of Jaipur with a present strength of 203 members. With constructive fellowship as its aim, Shubham has come a long way. Conducting a host of activities, it has clearly made a place for itself in Jaipur.
- Telugu Association of Greater Greenville Telugu Association of Greater Greenville TAGG is a non-profit organization devoted to the awareness and promotion of Telugu Culture in the Greater Greenville Area. The association caters to the cultural and social needs of the Telugu people living in and around Greater Greenville Area. TAGG organizes events to celebrate major festivals and organizes a picnic during summer as scheduled activities.
- Bateshwar The name Bateshwar appears to have been derived from Vatesahwarnath, one of the many names of Lord Shiva who is the presiding deity of this pilgrim town. Flanked by the holy Yamuna, Bateshwar has a plethora of temples, once totaling to 101. Out of these 42 temples still stand here. The beauty of this pilgrim town is its long line of Ghats dotted with a series of temples. The pilgrim town finds references in old scriptures like Ramayana, Mahabharata, Matsya Puyran etc.
- Prayas Welfare Trust We have done a lot to develop Vrindavan as the most religious place of the world Thousands of religious people have chosen to live in Vrindavan for the rest of tier lives after retirement. There is no doubt that Vrindavan with its rich religion & cultural heritage was once the most favorite abode of Lord Krishna.
- Friendship Day Providing information about joyous and wonderful celebrations of Friendship Day's, its significance, tribute, celebrations, importance, day quotes, day recipes, friendship messages, clip arts for friends including information about other indian festivals like lohri, durga puja, christmas, raksha bandhan, diwali, karwa chauth, pongal, holi, onam.
- Rakhi Festival A festival site dedicated to Rakhi with information about its celebrations, evolution, significance, sms, poems, quotes, trendy and traditional rakhi styles.
- Padayani Padayani is the annual ritualistic festival celebrated in Bhadrakali temples of Central travancore zone with due dedications. The very spirit of central travancore finds its appearance in Padayani as that of Malabar in Theyyam. Padayani all the villagers take active part without racial discriminations.
- Eprarthana: Chaitra Vishu A site dedicated to festivals of india with pooja packages including information about temples, amman, ayyappan, balaji, ganesh, hanuman, lakshmi, murugan, sai baba,shiva and providing shopping also.
- Christmas Day A festival site on Christmas day offering Christmas shopping from top e-commerce enabled sites, information about Christmas celebrations, evolution, significance, poems, stories and Christmas gifts.
- Mountain Echoes Mountain Echoes is a unique literary and cultural festival set in the pristine beauty of the Kingdom of Bhutan. Organised by the India Bhutan Foundation in association with Siyahi, this first-ever festival aims to provide a platform for authors to engage in a cultural dialogue and celebrate tales of a shared landscape in the Himalayan region
- Sri Jagannath Puri Dham Information Puri is one of the four holy dhamas of India (The otheres are Dvaraka, Badarinath and Rameshvaram). It is located 60km from Bhubaneshwar, on the coast of the Bay Of Bengal.Puri is called Sri Purusottama Dhama, the abode of the Lord Vishnu on earth. Other names are Sri-Ksetra, Nilachala and Jagannath Dhama. Puri is about 2 km wide and 4 km long.
- Teej Festival Offering information about teej festival, its rituals, significance, legends, puja process, celebrations, recipes, gift ideas and fast of teej.
- dussehra Dusshera is the main Hindu festival of Karnataka. This ten days festival was celebrated with extravagance by the rulers of Vijayanagar Empire. Later, this became a tradition. The festival was celebrated at Mysore where a Durbar was held for 9 days and on the 10th day a huge procession was taken out with decorated elephants, colorful folks and much more. It is still celebrated in Mysore with great pomp and show.
- Divine Voyages Pvt. Ltd. The magnificient palaces and forts, sand dunes and exotic fairs and festivals of Rajasthan, sandy beaches of Goa, backwaters beaches and ayurveda of Kerela, temples and garden of South India, mystical and magical Himalayas, erotic Khajuraho, temples of Varanasi monasteries of the the seven sister states of North East are some of the higlights which gives India a unique name of INCREDIBLE INDIA.
- Virtual Rakhi Every era in the Indian history is replete with instances describing the brother sister bonding. In antiquity, the bonding between Lord Krishna and Draupadi was highly celebrated. Lord Krishna saved Draupadi from being disrobed in the court of Duryodhana, which he repaid as a token of love for his sister who had tied a strip of cloth from her sari to prevent blood from his wrist. In the medieval era, Rani Karnavati of Chittor sent a Rakhi to the Mughal monarch Humayun to save her kingdom from the invasion of a Gujarat king. Humayun kept his word and immediately came to her rescue.
- Pinarayionline Providing information about tourist places, temples and festivals of kerala.
- ePuja ePuja conducts Pujas , Homams and other festivities in various temples of importance in South India. ePuja also organizes Thirumanjanams and Parayanams at various temples. ePuja organizes and performs on your behalf, Pujas, Homams and other offerings at various temples on your Birthdays, Wedding Anniversaries and other important occasions in your life to invoke the Blessings of God.
- Ramgarhiakom Republic day celebration at Indian consulate office at Birmingham. S. Lachhman Singh Bhamra and S.Didar Singh Bansal also seen in the picture.
- Durga Puja About goddess Durga, puja rituals, mythology, traditions, celebrations, recipes, greeting cards and photo gallery.
- Magic Lantern Foundation After several years of making films and screening them to a wide range of audience – from film festivals, local, national and global, to informal screenings with students and activist groups, to those among rural communities and people’s movements – MLF has increasingly felt a wide gap that exists between films and their audience and felt the need to make proactive interventions to bridge the gap. So, since 2004, MLF has organised a series of film festivals on its own and has encouraged student and civil society groups to do similar projects in their local areas.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.