FestivalsFestivals truly bring out the rich diversity of India in its best form. Many festivals are celebrated across India on national and state levels. The festivals directory of India is a vast information resource on the various festivals celebrated in India. Here under the festival web guide get all detailed information on various religious festivals of India, harvest festivals, famous rural fairs and festivals of India and other festival information such as upcoming festivals, dates and events, cultural programs and performances during the time of festivals in India. View a website listing of popular Indian festivals under the online festival directory.
Latest Website Listings
- Sri Danamma Devi Devasthana The thought of a temple devoted to Sri Danamma Devi, to be built in Haveri, has been in the offing for several decades now, and finally took shape, when a group of women devotees in Haveri, took the initiative and held a meeting in 2003, which nominated nine devotees to lead the long aspired dream of building a temple of Sri Danamma Devi in Haveri. The meeting also unanimously suggested the name of Smt.
- christmas One particularly nice thing about Christmas is that most of us have the opportunity of enjoying food that we don't normally eat at any other time of year. It's not just the absence of Christmas delicacies throughout the rest of the year that makes them special, it is also the wonderful richness of the seasonal food. It is the one time of the year when most of us can reassure ourselves with those bold words "What the hell, it's only once a year".
- Prayas Welfare Trust We have done a lot to develop Vrindavan as the most religious place of the world Thousands of religious people have chosen to live in Vrindavan for the rest of tier lives after retirement. There is no doubt that Vrindavan with its rich religion & cultural heritage was once the most favorite abode of Lord Krishna.
- Divine Voyages Pvt. Ltd. The magnificient palaces and forts, sand dunes and exotic fairs and festivals of Rajasthan, sandy beaches of Goa, backwaters beaches and ayurveda of Kerela, temples and garden of South India, mystical and magical Himalayas, erotic Khajuraho, temples of Varanasi monasteries of the the seven sister states of North East are some of the higlights which gives India a unique name of INCREDIBLE INDIA.
- Republic day The Pataudi Palace, property of the Neemrana Hotels, has become a popular hotspot for quick getaways from Delhi. What is essentially the palace of the Nawab of Pataudi, this place has stunning natural beauty and exciting facilities for inmates to enjoy a perfect weekend.
- Padayani Padayani is the annual ritualistic festival celebrated in Bhadrakali temples of Central travancore zone with due dedications. The very spirit of central travancore finds its appearance in Padayani as that of Malabar in Theyyam. Padayani all the villagers take active part without racial discriminations.
- Sri Zeashtadevi Prabandhak Conmmittee Zeshta's origin relates to an important event which took place during the churning of great ocean kshirasagra. Devtas and Asuras bothj desirous of attaining morality were yearning for getting the nectar from Ksirasagara. At the same time they were conscious that this nectar would become available to them only if Lord Shiva, who is holder and controller of Ksirasagara, permitted them to churn it.
- Christmas Day Providing information about one of the most pouplar festivals of Christians with information about Jesus Christ, Santa Claus, christmas tree, christmas history, religious aspects, christmas story, origin of festival, celebrations, inlcuding gifts, costumes, ornaments, recipes.
- India Rakhi Our Rakhis and Rakhi Gift Ideas include: rakhi sweets, rakhi chocolates, rakhi gifts for sisters, rakhi for brothers, rakhi with message, rakhi cards, rakhi gift hampers, send rakhis, raakhi poornima, purnima, rakhi gifts, sending rakhi gifts, rakshabandhan return gift ideas, rakhi greetings, rakhi 2009.
- Sri Jagannath Puri Dham Information Puri is one of the four holy dhamas of India (The otheres are Dvaraka, Badarinath and Rameshvaram). It is located 60km from Bhubaneshwar, on the coast of the Bay Of Bengal.Puri is called Sri Purusottama Dhama, the abode of the Lord Vishnu on earth. Other names are Sri-Ksetra, Nilachala and Jagannath Dhama. Puri is about 2 km wide and 4 km long.
- Festivals in India Engaged in providing information about festivals, gods, goddesses, mantras and aarti.
- Navratri pooja 2010 Navratri pooja - The Nine Nights of the Goddess has a great significance, both from a spiritual and material angle to all of us! It is a time to rejuvenate yourself, both physically and mentally, and to be in tune with the creative energies that come to the fore during these nine nights.
- Unnati Infotech Ltd. The origins or the worship of Lord Jagannath and the temple dedicated to him in Jagannath puri are lost in the sands of history. Scholastic attempts to trace the same are superficial at best. The devout Hindu devotee believes that Lord Jagannath is eternal. Thus we have two versions of the origins. One is the popular legends based on Puranas and Folklore.
- Khwaja Garib Nawaz, Ajmer, Ajmer Sharif, Photo, Picture, Image Gallery, Ajmer Dargah Photo We are providing Khwaja Garib Nawaz, Ajmer, Ajmer Sharif, Images, Photos, Pictures, Photo Gallery, Picture Gallery, Ajmer Dargah Photo, Society, Society and Culture, Religion, Islam, Sufism, Asia, Islamic, Philanthropy, Organizations.
- Maha Shivaratri Offering information about mahashivaratri festival, its rituals, shivaratri pooja, celebrations, regional celebrations, shivaratri fast and significance of shivratri.
- Christmas Day A festival site on Christmas day offering Christmas shopping from top e-commerce enabled sites, information about Christmas celebrations, evolution, significance, poems, stories and Christmas gifts.
- Krishna Janmashtami Providing information about birth of Lord Krishna, legend of janmashtami, rituals, celebrations, bhajans, arti, pooja process, recipes, famous krishna temples and more.
- Bateshwar The name Bateshwar appears to have been derived from Vatesahwarnath, one of the many names of Lord Shiva who is the presiding deity of this pilgrim town. Flanked by the holy Yamuna, Bateshwar has a plethora of temples, once totaling to 101. Out of these 42 temples still stand here. The beauty of this pilgrim town is its long line of Ghats dotted with a series of temples. The pilgrim town finds references in old scriptures like Ramayana, Mahabharata, Matsya Puyran etc.
- All India Tanzeem Ulama-e-haq The Muslims all over the world today, are victims of torments and troubles. The Ummah is grappling with numerous problems and afflictions. Muslim minorities are being butchered and pushed to the edge of the cliff everywhere. Concerted and sustained efforts are being made to wipe out our mosques and places of worship completely.
- Lohri Festival A harvest festival of punjab celebrated on 13th January every year with lohri dances, songs, colorful fairs, gifts, greeting cards and lohri recipes.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.