FestivalsFestivals truly bring out the rich diversity of India in its best form. Many festivals are celebrated across India on national and state levels. The festivals directory of India is a vast information resource on the various festivals celebrated in India. Here under the festival web guide get all detailed information on various religious festivals of India, harvest festivals, famous rural fairs and festivals of India and other festival information such as upcoming festivals, dates and events, cultural programs and performances during the time of festivals in India. View a website listing of popular Indian festivals under the online festival directory.
Latest Website Listings
- Teej Festival Offering information about teej festival, its rituals, significance, legends, puja process, celebrations, recipes, gift ideas and fast of teej.
- dussehra Dusshera is the main Hindu festival of Karnataka. This ten days festival was celebrated with extravagance by the rulers of Vijayanagar Empire. Later, this became a tradition. The festival was celebrated at Mysore where a Durbar was held for 9 days and on the 10th day a huge procession was taken out with decorated elephants, colorful folks and much more. It is still celebrated in Mysore with great pomp and show.
- Unnati Infotech Ltd. The origins or the worship of Lord Jagannath and the temple dedicated to him in Jagannath puri are lost in the sands of history. Scholastic attempts to trace the same are superficial at best. The devout Hindu devotee believes that Lord Jagannath is eternal. Thus we have two versions of the origins. One is the popular legends based on Puranas and Folklore.
- Rakhi Mart Make this Rakhi unforgettable for your dear brother and beloved bhabhi with Rakhi Mart : Your world to the bond between a brother and sister. Choose from the wide range of exclusive handcrafted zari work rakhis, designer rakhis, auspicious and traditional Pooja Thali, Thread Rakhis, sandalwood rakhi, pearl rakhi, gold plated rakhis, silver plated rakhis, god rakhis, cartoon and soft fiber rakhis for kids, exclusive bhaiya bhabhi rakhis and specially mouthwatering sweets made in pure desi ghee of India.
- Rajasthan Leisure Pvt. Ltd. We, Rajasthan Leisure Pvt. Ltd. as a destination management company try to make your leisure time most joyful and happiest of your life. We even make your business time most pleasurable and hassle free while you decide to organize your tour with us. We are headquartered in Jaipur Rajasthan and have branch offices/contact persons across Rajasthan and in main cities in India.
- Sri Jagannath Puri Dham Information Puri is one of the four holy dhamas of India (The otheres are Dvaraka, Badarinath and Rameshvaram). It is located 60km from Bhubaneshwar, on the coast of the Bay Of Bengal.Puri is called Sri Purusottama Dhama, the abode of the Lord Vishnu on earth. Other names are Sri-Ksetra, Nilachala and Jagannath Dhama. Puri is about 2 km wide and 4 km long.
- Eastern Zonal Cultural Center The Eastern Zonal Cultural Center (EZCC) covering the states of Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Manipur, Orissa, Sikkim, Tripura, West Bengal and The Union Territory of The Andaman and Nicobar Islands is one of the seven such Zonal Cultural Centers set up by the Government of India with a view to culturally integrate the states and Union Territories as a part of the program of national integration.
- christmas One particularly nice thing about Christmas is that most of us have the opportunity of enjoying food that we don't normally eat at any other time of year. It's not just the absence of Christmas delicacies throughout the rest of the year that makes them special, it is also the wonderful richness of the seasonal food. It is the one time of the year when most of us can reassure ourselves with those bold words "What the hell, it's only once a year".
- Prayas Welfare Trust We have done a lot to develop Vrindavan as the most religious place of the world Thousands of religious people have chosen to live in Vrindavan for the rest of tier lives after retirement. There is no doubt that Vrindavan with its rich religion & cultural heritage was once the most favorite abode of Lord Krishna.
- Maha Shivaratri Offering information about mahashivaratri festival, its rituals, shivaratri pooja, celebrations, regional celebrations, shivaratri fast and significance of shivratri.
- Divine Voyages Pvt. Ltd. The magnificient palaces and forts, sand dunes and exotic fairs and festivals of Rajasthan, sandy beaches of Goa, backwaters beaches and ayurveda of Kerela, temples and garden of South India, mystical and magical Himalayas, erotic Khajuraho, temples of Varanasi monasteries of the the seven sister states of North East are some of the higlights which gives India a unique name of INCREDIBLE INDIA.
- Sri Danamma Devi Devasthana The thought of a temple devoted to Sri Danamma Devi, to be built in Haveri, has been in the offing for several decades now, and finally took shape, when a group of women devotees in Haveri, took the initiative and held a meeting in 2003, which nominated nine devotees to lead the long aspired dream of building a temple of Sri Danamma Devi in Haveri. The meeting also unanimously suggested the name of Smt.
- Baisakhi -- Harvest Festival Offering information about Baisakhi, a festival of North India and more prominently in Punjab.
- Spice Court Spice Court at Civil Lines, is one of the supreme multi cuisines restaurants in town. Situated at a posh locality in the city, the joint offers the best in hospitality, ambience, and entertainment and of course food.Appealing to the eye this multi-cuisine restaurant does stimulate the senses fully. The restaurant has a culbhouse ambience with a covered restaurant and also an open area.
- Republic day The Pataudi Palace, property of the Neemrana Hotels, has become a popular hotspot for quick getaways from Delhi. What is essentially the palace of the Nawab of Pataudi, this place has stunning natural beauty and exciting facilities for inmates to enjoy a perfect weekend.
- Thanksgiving Day Providing information about thanksgiving day traditions, customs, feast, celebrations, recipes and thanksgiving day fun including gifts, cards, jokes, poems and messages.
- Pinarayionline Providing information about tourist places, temples and festivals of kerala.
- Khwaja Garib Nawaz, Ajmer, Ajmer Sharif, Photo, Picture, Image Gallery, Ajmer Dargah Photo We are providing Khwaja Garib Nawaz, Ajmer, Ajmer Sharif, Images, Photos, Pictures, Photo Gallery, Picture Gallery, Ajmer Dargah Photo, Society, Society and Culture, Religion, Islam, Sufism, Asia, Islamic, Philanthropy, Organizations.
- Bhima Kali Ji Temple The second aarti is performed after two hours of the first. The third aarti is at noon and the offerings are the local food to the mother goddess. On the occasion of New Year publishing of New Year's Calender is a regular feature of the trust. In a day four aartis are done at regular intervals at the shrine.
- St Valentine's Day Providing information about st valentine’s day festival, its celebrations, history, legends, traditions, customs, st. valentines day massacre, gifts ideas, quotes, humor, symbols and recipes.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.