FestivalsFestivals truly bring out the rich diversity of India in its best form. Many festivals are celebrated across India on national and state levels. The festivals directory of India is a vast information resource on the various festivals celebrated in India. Here under the festival web guide get all detailed information on various religious festivals of India, harvest festivals, famous rural fairs and festivals of India and other festival information such as upcoming festivals, dates and events, cultural programs and performances during the time of festivals in India. View a website listing of popular Indian festivals under the online festival directory.
Latest Website Listings
- christmas One particularly nice thing about Christmas is that most of us have the opportunity of enjoying food that we don't normally eat at any other time of year. It's not just the absence of Christmas delicacies throughout the rest of the year that makes them special, it is also the wonderful richness of the seasonal food. It is the one time of the year when most of us can reassure ourselves with those bold words "What the hell, it's only once a year".
- ePuja ePuja conducts Pujas , Homams and other festivities in various temples of importance in South India. ePuja also organizes Thirumanjanams and Parayanams at various temples. ePuja organizes and performs on your behalf, Pujas, Homams and other offerings at various temples on your Birthdays, Wedding Anniversaries and other important occasions in your life to invoke the Blessings of God.
- PRARABDHA Samiti Email directory of news papesr for dispach of press note.
- Prayas Welfare Trust We have done a lot to develop Vrindavan as the most religious place of the world Thousands of religious people have chosen to live in Vrindavan for the rest of tier lives after retirement. There is no doubt that Vrindavan with its rich religion & cultural heritage was once the most favorite abode of Lord Krishna.
- Padayani Padayani is the annual ritualistic festival celebrated in Bhadrakali temples of Central travancore zone with due dedications. The very spirit of central travancore finds its appearance in Padayani as that of Malabar in Theyyam. Padayani all the villagers take active part without racial discriminations.
- Baisakhi -- Harvest Festival Offering information about Baisakhi, a festival of North India and more prominently in Punjab.
- Kerala Samajam Dooravaninagar Kerala Samajam Dooravaninagar provided a shelter for Samajam and it has become an impetus for our growth. Our Library and Reading Room, located at ITI Township, is considered as one of the best outside Kerala. Right from the inception we have been celebrating Onam, the festival of Keralites, irrespective of caste creed and religion, with pomp and gaiety.
- Rajasthan Leisure Pvt. Ltd. We, Rajasthan Leisure Pvt. Ltd. as a destination management company try to make your leisure time most joyful and happiest of your life. We even make your business time most pleasurable and hassle free while you decide to organize your tour with us. We are headquartered in Jaipur Rajasthan and have branch offices/contact persons across Rajasthan and in main cities in India.
- Spice Court Spice Court at Civil Lines, is one of the supreme multi cuisines restaurants in town. Situated at a posh locality in the city, the joint offers the best in hospitality, ambience, and entertainment and of course food.Appealing to the eye this multi-cuisine restaurant does stimulate the senses fully. The restaurant has a culbhouse ambience with a covered restaurant and also an open area.
- Telugu Association of Greater Greenville Telugu Association of Greater Greenville TAGG is a non-profit organization devoted to the awareness and promotion of Telugu Culture in the Greater Greenville Area. The association caters to the cultural and social needs of the Telugu people living in and around Greater Greenville Area. TAGG organizes events to celebrate major festivals and organizes a picnic during summer as scheduled activities.
- Kadambavanam Kadambavanam is their Dream Project envisioned to protect and promote the cause of Tamil heritage and culture. It invites you to an evening of cultural activities capturing the different facets of the Tamil People. Astrology is part and parcel of Tamil tradition.
- festivals It is one of the important festivals of Kerala. Vishu is celebrated in the month of April. According to the old traditional Malayalam calendar it is the 1st day of the New Year. The main event of the Vishu celebration is the 'Kani- Kanal'. Coconuts, fruits, cereals and Konna flowers are kept in big pots to prepare Kani. Behind this pot, a mirror and a garlanded statue of Krishna are kept. Early morning on the Vishu day, the master of the house sees the Kani and then the rest of the family follows. Children's are brought blind folded to see the Kani. The elders in the family give money to the youngsters and bless them. According to the local beliefs, if we you Kani good luck will stay with you till the year end.
- Thanksgiving Day Providing information about thanksgiving day traditions, customs, feast, celebrations, recipes and thanksgiving day fun including gifts, cards, jokes, poems and messages.
- Rakhi Mart Make this Rakhi unforgettable for your dear brother and beloved bhabhi with Rakhi Mart : Your world to the bond between a brother and sister. Choose from the wide range of exclusive handcrafted zari work rakhis, designer rakhis, auspicious and traditional Pooja Thali, Thread Rakhis, sandalwood rakhi, pearl rakhi, gold plated rakhis, silver plated rakhis, god rakhis, cartoon and soft fiber rakhis for kids, exclusive bhaiya bhabhi rakhis and specially mouthwatering sweets made in pure desi ghee of India.
- Christmas Day A festival site on Christmas day offering Christmas shopping from top e-commerce enabled sites, information about Christmas celebrations, evolution, significance, poems, stories and Christmas gifts.
- Diwali Festival Providing information about Diwali - a festival of fun, enjoyment and celebration of hindu new year including diwali gifts, cards, messages, dry fruits and sweets.
- Baisakhi Among the popular festivals enriching the varied culture of India, is the festival of Baisakhi. The festival stands for the dawn of a New Year in the northern India, especially in Punjab. Baisakhi holds a unique significance in Punjab, commemorating the founding of the Khalsa by the tenth guru, Guru Gobind Singh.
- Festivals in India Engaged in providing information about festivals, gods, goddesses, mantras and aarti.
- Attukal Bhagavathy Temple Attukal temple is the abode of the goddess, who is the supreme preserver and destroyer. She cares her devotees like a mother does her children. For the devotees, Attukal Devi (Attukal Amma or Attukal Bhagavathy) is supreme power, capable of delivering all the wishes of her devotees. Several women devotees testify the supreme power of this shrine, and tell you how Attukal Devi has ble
- dussehra Dusshera is the main Hindu festival of Karnataka. This ten days festival was celebrated with extravagance by the rulers of Vijayanagar Empire. Later, this became a tradition. The festival was celebrated at Mysore where a Durbar was held for 9 days and on the 10th day a huge procession was taken out with decorated elephants, colorful folks and much more. It is still celebrated in Mysore with great pomp and show.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.