JainismNon-violence is the fundamental principle of Jainism in India. Jainism directory provides detailed information on the religion of Jainism in India. Get important details such as the origin, philosophy, culture, festivals, temples, literature, etc. from the online web guide on Jainism in India. View website listing of organizations in India promoting the Jainism religion and important beliefs associated with Jainism in India. The websites on Jainism will provide valuable insights into the practices associated with the Jainism religion.
Latest Website Listings
- jainism A form of religion intermediate between Brahminism and Buddhism, originated in India in pre-Christian times, and has maintained its heretical attitude towards Brahminism down to the present day. The name is derived from jina, conqueror, one of the epithets popularly applied to the reputed founder of the sect. Jainism bears a striking resemblance to Buddhism in its monastic system, its ethical teachings, its sacred texts, and in the story of its founder. This closeness of resemblance has led not a few scholars—such as Lassen, Weber, Wilson, Tiele, Barth—to look upon Jainism as an offshoot of Buddhism and to place its origin some centuries later than the time of Buddha. But the prevailing view today—that of Bühler, Jacobi, Hopkins, and others—is that Jainism in its origin is independent of Buddhism and, perhaps, is the more ancient of the two.
- Jain community A jain community website offering information about jain community such as jain dharm, jain tirth, jain temples, jain festivals, jain matrimonial and jain sthanaks.
- Jain Dharm Online This web site is promoted by Ganeshmal Patni Memorial trust in the memory of our respected father and grand father Late shree Ganeshmalji Patni, a great follower of Jain Dharma. Shree Ganeshmal patni Memorial Trust have several plans to serve the society, spread jain dharma and teaching of Bhagavan Mahavira among to masses.
- Religions of the World A religion website providing information about jainism, buddhism, hinduism, christianity and others.
- Jainism.co.nr Offering information about Jainism and religion.
- Ahimsa Foundation Provide information about Jainism, Jain saints, preachers, matrimonials, celebrities and temples.
- jainism Lord Mahavir was the twenty-fourth and the last Tirthankara of the Jain religion. According to Jain philosophy, all Tirthankaras were born as human beings but they have attained a state of perfection or enlightenment through meditation and self realization. They are the Gods of Jains. Tirthankaras are also known as Arihants or Jinas.
- jainism Jain" or more properly speaking "Jaina" means a follower of Jina, which is applied to those persons who have conquered the lower nature, passion, hatred, etc. The word ‘Jain’ comes from the word ‘Jina’ which means a conqueror. ‘Jina’ comes from the root ‘Ji’—’to conquer’. It means conquering the passions. It does not mean conquering nations. The passions are considered as enemies of the soul. They taint the natural qualities of the soul, obscure right belief, cause false knowledge and wrong conduct. Lust, anger, pride and greed are considered as the major passions.
- Shri Mahavir Jain Aradhana Kendra With the blessings of Gachchhadhipati Acharyadev Shri Kailasasagarsurishwarji Maharaj Saheb, Shri Mahavir Jain Aradhana Kendra was established on the 5th day of the dark half of the month of Paush in the year v.s. 2037 26th Dec 1980 by the inspirations of most revered Acharyadev Shri Padmasagarsurishwarji Maharaj Saheb.
- Atma Dharma.Com A jainism library offering jain books, jain audio, jain video, jain pictures.
- Pujas.com A religion website providing information about jainism, buddhism, christianity, hinduism, islam and sikhism.
- jainism The 6th Century B.C was a period of religious revolution in various parts of the world. It was an age when great religious teachers, philosophers and thinkers lived. Their ideas made revolutionary changes in all aspects of life. Zoroaster in Persia and Confucius in China preached new doctrines. In India too, the 6th century B.C saw many changes. As many as 62 religious groups developed in the Gangetic plains. They observed innumerable religious customs and rituals. Jainism and Buddhism appeared to put an end to them.
- jainism Jainism traces its roots to a succession of 24 Jinas ("those who overcome", or conqueror) in ancient East India. The first Jina is traditionally believed to have been a giant who lived 8.4 million years ago. The most recent and last Jina was Vardhamana (a.k.a. Mahavira, "The Great Hero") He was born circa 550 BCE) and was the founder of the Jain community. He attained enlightenment after 13 years of deprivation. In 467 BCE, he committed the act of salekhana which is fasting to death. Each Jina has "conquered love and hate, pleasure and pain, attachment and aversion, and has thereby freed `his' soul from the karmas obscuring knowledge, perception, truth, and ability.
- Muktagiri Holy and sacred Digambar Jain Siddhakshetra Muktagiri is most revered and worshipped kshetra for Digambar jains. All the Jina mandirs, Jina Idols and Jina Conduct are made and developed by the Digambari jains. This property is the heritage solely of the Digambar jains and will continue to be so.Divine wealth and pious heritage of the Digambar jain tradition and culture has flourished here since ages.
- International Dialogue Between Islam & Oriental Religions Believers in Oriental religions like Hinduism, Buddism, Sikhism and Jainism etc living India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Combodia, Burma, Sri Lanka and Nepal etc, constitute about a half of the world population. A majority of Muslims outside "Muslim" countries live among these communities while a majority of expatriate workers in Arab countries belong to these religions.
- Hindu Festivals.com Engaged in providing information about hindu festivals.
- Jai Jinendra Jai Jinendra offer Jain Mandir Darshan and Jain Bajans online to all Jains living worldwide. You can have a darshan of Shree Mahavir Swami Jain Mandirji and listen to Jain bhajans any time during the day for a spiritual uplift and think about Jainism.
- JainTeerth.com A unique portal to highlight and popularize Jain Teerth Kshetras worldwide.
- Jainsindia Trust JAINSINDIA TRUST as a Religious Charitable Trust, has been established by Shri N. Sugalchand Jain, renowned entrepreneur and philanthropist to propagate Jainism, especially, the way of life, philosophy literature, architecture etc.
- Shrut Bhavan Nirman Samiti Jain Religion is one of the world's most ancient and scientific religion. The doctrines or principles of Jain Religion are powerful and able to give correct direction to entire human life. Abundant and innumerable scientific truths are hidden in Jain scriptures. Their glory and importance is increasing day by day as they are revealed or come outside gradually.
© SurfIndia . All Rights Reserved.