Shreya Ghosha is one of the most promising & talented singers of India. With her incensed voice she has reputed herself as the sizzling queen of music industry. Get some interesting details on Shreya Ghoshal's life.
Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Date of Birth:
Thursday, March 12, 1984
Durgapur, West Bengal
Mr Biswajeet Ghoshal
Interesting Facts About Shreya Ghoshal
- Schooling from Atomic Energy Central Schools (AECS) at Rawatbhata and Anushaktinagar (Mumbai),
- Graduation from SIES College, Mumbai in their Arts Stream.
Most Famous Songs
- Shreya won the children's special episode of the Sa Re Ga Ma (now Sa Re Ga Ma Pa) contest on Zee TV.
- Shreya is only singer to get four national awards at the age of 26 in bollywood.
- Shreya is currently planning her M.A. degree in literature.
- Shreya enjoys Symphony and instrumental in western music and her favourite is ABBA group.
Glimpse of Shreya Ghoshal's Life
- Bairi Piya (Devdas)
- Yeh Ishq Hai (Jab We Met)
- Barso Re (Guru)
- Teri Ore (Singh Is Kinng)
- Piyu Bole (Parineeta)
- Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai (Jism)
Shreya Ghoshal is one of the leading playback singers in Indian film industry. Though born in a Bengali brahmin family, Shreya grew up in Rawatbhata, a small town near Kota, Rajasthan. She belongs to a very academiv family with her father working as a nuclear power plant engineer in Bhabha Atomic Research Center and her mother being a post-graduate literature student.
Shreya was a music freak from her childhood. From the age of four, she used to accompany her mother on the harmonium. Her parents enrolled her for formal training in Hindustani classical music in Kota with Maheshchandra Sharma. But the real revelition to Shreya's life started when she won the children's special episode of the Sa Re Ga Ma contest on Zee TV. Kalyanji who judged the competition, convinced her parents to move to Mumbai. She trained with him for 18 months and continued her classical music training with Mukta Bhide in Mumbai. After that incident, there was no looking back in Shreya's life and she went a long way with her melodious voice.
Shreya has a splendid carrer in bollywood. Her sweet and melodious voice has bought her immense fame and fan following. Her first break was when she caught the attention of film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali during her participation in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa competing against adults. He was so impressed by Shreya's voice that he offered her the opportunity to be the voice of Paro of his blockbuster film Devdas. Shreya sang five songs in the film. Ghoshal’s pleaent singing voice pictured on Aishwarya Rai took her in the honored category of top female playback singers in Bollywood, alongside Alka Yagnik, Sunidhi Chauhanand others.
Since Devdas, she went on to sing for various music directors, including Anu Malik, Himesh Reshammiya, Shankar Ehsaan Loy, Pritam, Vishal-Shekhar, A.R. Rahman etc. Her magical talent has won her many awards and honors. Shreya has recorded in various regional languages including Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, Meitei, Marathi, and Bhojpuri. Her voice has a romantic texture but she is also comfortable singing sad songs or peppy songs. Jism, Munnabhai MBBS, LOC Kargil, Aetbaar, Police Force, Lage Raho Munnabhai, Guru, Big B etc are a few movies with Ghoshal melody.
Awards and Honors
- National film award for the years 2003,2006,2008,2009.
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award for the years 2003,2004,2008,2009.
- Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent for the year 2003.
- Filmfare Best Female Playback Award (Tamil) for the year 2007.
- IIFA Best Female Playback Award for the years 2003,2004,2008,2009.
- Zee Cine Award for Best FemalePlayback Singer for the years 2003,2006,2008.
- Star Screen Award Best Female Playback for the years 2004,2006,2008.
- Apsara Award Best Female Playback Singer for the year 2008,2009,2010
- 2003 - Stardust Award as New Musical Sensation (Female) for Devdas
- 2005 - Andhra Pradesh State Award Best Female Playback Singer for Pillagaali Allari (Athadu) & Neeke Nuvvu (Modati Cinema) (Telugu)
- 2007 - Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Female Playback for Munbe Vaa (Sillunu Oru Kaadhal) (Tamil)
- 2008 - German Public Bollywood Award Best Singer (Female) for Yeh Ishq Haaye (Jab We Met)
- 2008 - Zee Astitva Award for Excellence In Music.