Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
Master Blaster and Little Champion
Date of Birth (Birthday):
April 24, 1973
Working With :
Indian Air Force (Group Captain)
Marathi, Hindi and English
Listening to music, watching Formula 1 car racing, music collection
National Team :
Sports Played :
Sachin World Cup Journey
Late Ramesh Tendulkar
Rajni Ramesh Tendulkar
Ajit and Nitin
Dr. Anjali Tendulkar
Records and Achievments
- Mumbai Indians (IPL)
- Mumbai (Ranji)
- Yorkshire (County)
- Castrol Indian Cricket of the Year 2010.
- Test Cricketer of the Year 2010.
- Special achievement award for 50 test 100.
- Sachin recently bagged two awards at 8th annual ICC awards : Best cricketer of the year & People's Choice Cricketer. He lso earned a place in world test team.
- Holds record for most capped player in test cricket (played most number of test matches - 171) and ODI cricket (442).
- He has scored maximun number of centuries in both test (49) and ODI (46) cricket.
- Sachin is the only batsman to score a double century in ODI's.
- Holds record for most runs in test and ODI cricket.
- Has played on 90 different grounds all over the world - an individual record in international cricket.
- Holds record for Most Man of the Match Awards (61) in ODI.
- Has been selected as Man of the Series on maximum times (15) in ODI cricketing history.
- Holds record of being dismissed in nineties for the maximum times (24) in international matches.
- Fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history (195 innings), alongside Brian Lara.
- Sachin was the third batsman to have scored centuries against all test playing nations.
- He is the only batsman to score over 3000 runs each against two cricketing nations - Australia & Sri Lanka.
- Holds the record for hitting most fours in an innings (25).
- Sachin has scored maximum number of 50's (93) in international cricket.
- Sachin completed his 50th Test ton in Test Match Cricket.
- Sachin registered his 51st Test century & its Sachin's 97th hundred.
Crabs stuffed with spices
Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger
First Class Debut:
In the year 1988 and at the age of 15 years and 232 days became the youngest player to score a century on first class debut.
15th November 1989 v/s Pakistan.
18th December 1989 v/s Pakistan.
Highest run scorer, Highest Centuries, Only player to score a double century in ODI
Highest run scorer, Highest Centuries
His Cricket Heroes:
Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar and Vivian Richards.
Insight to Sachin's Life
Sachin Tendulkar was born in Mumbai to Ramesh and Rajni Tendulkar in the year 1973. His father was a popular Marathi novelist and gave Sachin his name after the legendary music director Sachin Dev Burman. After 19 years of active cricket since his debut in 1989, Sachin Tendulkar is still blazing all guns in the cricket field with his masterly batting display. The late Sir Donald Bradman in an interview once revealed that when he first saw Sachin play on television he told his wife that Sachin reminded him of the way he played cricket. In Sachin's own admission this is the best compliment the Little Master has ever got.
Sachin gives most of the credit for his cricketing success to his father, elder brother Ajit and his coach Ramakant Achrekar under whose tutorage he blossomed at Sharadashram Vidyamandir. It is said that Sachin went to the popular MRF Pace Foundation in Chennai to get trained to become a fast bowler. He was however advised by the great Sir Dennis Lillie to concentrate on his batting. And the rest as we all know is history. Sachin Tendulkar is now the leading run scorer in both forms of the game i.e. Test matches and One Day Internationals and looks all set to add more to his tally by the time he retires from international cricket.
There are many awards and accomplishments to Sachin's credit. Some of them include Wisden Cricketer of the Year, Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award, Padma Shri and Padma Vibhushan.
Indian Cricket Stars
International Cricket Stars