Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Michael Edward Killeen Hussey
Date of Birth (Birthday):
27 May 1975
Mount Lawley, Western Australia, Australia
5 ft 11 in
DJ Hussey (brother)
National Team : Australia
Sports Played : Cricket
Hussey is also widely known by his nickname Mr Cricket. Hussey was a relative latecomer to both the one-day international and Test Australian teams with 15,313 first-class runs before making his Test debut. He has had a highly successful international career, being the top-ranked ODI batsman in the world in 2006. He plays first-class cricket as vice-captain of the Western Warriors in Australia and has played for three counties in England and for the Chennai Super Kings in the IPL. He is the only player in the history of cricket to average over 50 in both International Test and One Day cricket.
- Husseyis currently the only player in history to average more than 50 in both Tests and ODIs.
- Michael made more than 15,000 runs in first-class cricket before making his test debut-a record for an uncapped Australian.
- MEK is the fastest to get to 1000 test runs in terms of days, reaching the feat in just 166 days.
- Hussey is the fastest player to reach the top 10 of the ICC cricket ratings.
- His 331 against Somerset is a Northamptonshire club record.
- M Hussey was the recipient of the Allan Border medal in 2006.
- Michael was the ICC ODI 'Player of the Year' in 2006.
- Hussey was named in the ICC ODI World XI in 2006 and was picked as 12th man for the world team in 2007.
- Hussey has captained Australia in ODIs.
- Michael Hussey was the second batsman after Brendon McCullum to score a century in the IPL.
Indian Cricket Stars
International Cricket Stars
Copyright © 2014 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.