Virender Sehwag holds reputation as the most destructive batsman in world cricket. He has bought India laurels on many occasions with his monstrous hitting.
Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Viru, Nawab Of Najafgarh, Sultan Of Multan
Date of Birth (Birthday):
October 20, 1978
Taufiq Qureshi and Fazal Qureshi
National Team :
Sports Played :
- Delhi Daredevils (IPL)
- Delhi (Ranji)
Right Hand Batsman
Right Arm Off Spin
Sehwag recently bagged the Best Test Cricketer of the year award at 8th annual ICC awards.
- Sehwag does charity work for UNICEF.
- Sehwag owns a vegetarian eatery, Sehwag Favourites.
- Castrol Batsman of the Year 2010.
- Virender Sehwag is only the 7th batsman to hit 1000 fours in ODI .
- Sehwag is only the 4th batsman to hit 1000 fours in both ODI & Test cricket.
- Virender Sehwag scored the first ever triple century by an Indian with 309 runs against Pakistan.
- Virender Sehwag scored 254 against Pakistan, which is the second fastest double century in test cricket.
- Virender Sehwag claimed the fastest Test triple century with 319 in Test matches.
- He is only the third batsman in world cricket to score 2 triple centuries.
- He scored the second fastest ODI century by an Indian in 69 balls.
- He scored the second fastest half-century bu an Indian in just 22 balls.
- He is the first person in the history of test cricket to hit two triple centuries and take five wickets in a Test innings.
In November 2001, Sehwag was involved in controversy in the Second Test match between India and South Africa at St George's Park, Port Elizabeth, when he was given a one Test ban for "excessive appealing" by ICC Match referee Mike Denness.
Who is Sehwag
Virender Sehwag can be termed as the backbone of Indian batting line up in all formats of the game. Since his debut, he has been an excellent ambassador for Indian cricket. His exceptional hand eye coordination and ability to hit really big shots takes him to a special class of his own. Sehwag brought a revolution in Indian cricket with his brave and fierce hitting skills and a determination to take on every bowling attack. On his day he can tear the opposition bowling attack into large chunks. For his exceelnt contribution to Indian cricket, he has been faciltated with state honors like Bharat Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan.
Sehwag in IPL
Virender Sehwag is the Delhi Daredevils' most expensive player with a contract worth $833,750. He lead the team in first two editions of the IPL and got the team to semis on on e ocassion. He quit captaincy in the third edition to concentrate on his batting. His IPL record icludes 25 matches scoring 604 runs, with a highest score of unbeaten 94, and also claimnig 3 wickets with his off-spin bowling.
- Arjuna Award in 2002.
- Wisden Leading Cricketer of the World 2009.
- Padma Vibhushan in 2010.
Indian Cricket Stars
International Cricket Stars