Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Douglas Erwin Bollinger
Date of Birth (Birthday):
July 24, 1981
Baulkham Hills, Sydney, New South Wales
Major teams :
Australia, Australia A, New South Wales, Worcestershire
National Team :
Sports Played :
Bollinger commenced his playing career at 15 with Seven Hills Toongabbie RSL Cricket Club where he was noted as being no more than an enthusiastic but erratic bowler during his early days. On 1 May 2009, Bollinger claimed his first ODI five-wicket haul, which came against Pakistan at Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. He picked up 5/35 and won his first Man of the Match award. In the 6th ODI versus India at Guwahati, he took 4 wickets and was declared as the Man of the match again. On 21 January 2011, in an ODI match against England at Hobart, Bollinger scored 30 runs—his highest ever ODI score—in a record ninth wicket partnership with Shaun Marsh. In England's innings, Bollinger was the pick of the Australian bowlers, taking 4/28, as Australia went on to win the match by 46 runs
- Bollinger became the fourth man in Australian domestic one-day history to take a hat-trick in the 2004-05 season.
- He was New South Wales’ second leading wicket-taker with 37 scalps in the 2006-07 first class season.
- Doug took 45 wickets at an average of around 15 in the 2009-10 first Class season.
- He took 5 wickets against Pakistan in only his second ODI which earned him the ‘Man of the Match’.
- Bollinger became the fourth Australian to play for the Chennai Super Kings.
Indian Cricket Stars
International Cricket Stars