Wedding is the most important occasion in a person's life. There are a number of things that must be done in an organized manner to make the wedding a memorable event not just for the wedding couple but for all who attend the wedding. Most people, find it difficult to manage so many things that need to be done on marriage. To make the task of organizing wedding bit easier here is a Wedding Checklist just for you. Separate things to do list on wedding has been arranged for -
- - Things that need to be done as soon as the wedding date is finalized
- - For thing to be done 2-3 months before wedding
- - For thing to be done a month before the wedding
- - For thing to be done two weeks before the wedding
- - For thing to be done a week before the wedding
- - For thing to be done a day before the wedding
Things that need to be done as soon as the wedding date is finalized:
This is the most crucial phase where all bookings are made. Please make sure you have all your bookings confirmed in writing.
- - Consider your budget.
- - Decide the size of the wedding.
- - Think how many functions you need to organize.
- - Set date and time for the functions.
- - Draw up a guest list for the various functions.
- - Allocate responsibilities between both families.
- - Visit possible venues to discuss their availability and cost.
- - Book accommodation for out of town guests.
- - Interview caterers, hotel and restaurant managers and discuss sample menus.
- - Order wedding invitations.
- - Book a professional photographer and/or videographer.
- - Start purchasing your trousseau, wedding and reception outfits.
- - Speak to travel agents about honeymoon destinations. You may also surf the net for information on ideal honeymoon locations.
- - Decide upon you lighting requirements.
- - Choose florist and a floral theme for your wedding.
- - Make music arrangements for the Sangeet.
- - Book panditji for the wedding.
Thing to be done 2-3 months before wedding:
This is the time for remaining yet important booking. Please maintain good contacts with your all your wedding professionals - caterers, florist, musicians etc to check the progress. Important tasks for this phase are -
- - Send out invitations.
- - Choose wedding rings.
- - Shop for tilak gifts.
- - Keep a record of acceptances and refusals.
- - Finalize your honeymoon plans. Ensure your passports and vaccinations are up to date and you have applied for all necessary visas.
- - Plan menu and any special requirements with the caterers.
- - Make appointments with hair-dresser and beautician.
- - Book mehandi artist.
- - If required, book a horse and some musicians for the groom's rrival.
Thing to be done a month before the wedding:
Checklist for this phase include -
- - Be sure your wedding clothes are collected and ready to wear.
- - Order mithai and related items.
- - Finalize plans for the Sangeet.
- - Book your hotel for your wedding night if required.
- - Make sure that you and the groom have luggage for the honeymoon, think about what you want to pack.
- - Book cars for the wedding.
For thing to be done two weeks before the wedding:
- - Days for the wedding are numbered now. Tighten your belt!!
- - Pack trousseau and gifts for the relatives.
- - Finalize the number of guests and inform the caterers in writing.
- - Confirm all bookings and check if things are going as per your plans.
- - If going out of country for honeymoon, order relevant traveler's cheque or foreign currency, if needed.
For thing to be done a week before the wedding:
It's time when wedding organizers get goosebumps even of everything is going as per plan! This phase involves re-confirming.
- - Re-confirm all bookings.
- - Re-confirm menu with caterers and arrange for drinks to be delivered.
- - Confirm arrangements for hired crockery, cutlery, glassware or table linen.
- - Your wedding clothes should be ready, try on outfits.
For thing to be done a day before the wedding:
The Day is here now, it's the moment to enjoy!
- - - Pack your honeymoon suitcase, ready for delivery to the reception.
- - - Your florist should prepare and soak all flowers and foliage and have them ready.
- - - Make sure wedding cars are clean.
- - - Make sure your fiance has packed his.
- - Visit the hairdresser and beautician.
- - Try to relax and have an early night.
- - Enjoy the occasion with friends and relatives.