Daewoo Motors is one of the successful auto makers in India. Originally incorporated to manufacture light commercial vehicles, the company has also given good cars to Indian roads. Cielo, Matiz and Nexia are few of the models in the mid-size and small car segment made by the company.
Daewoo International Chronology
|Year of Establishment
||Mar. 22. 1967 as Daewoo Industrial Co., Ltds in Korea.
||GM Daewoo, SAAB, Cadillac, Daewoo Bus,
|Listings & its codes
||NSE: DCMDAEWOO; BSE: 500100
||Daewoo Motors India Ltd.
International Trade Tower
Upper Ground Floor
New Delhi - 110 019
Tel.: +(91)-(11)-26287826/ 27
||A/1 Surajpur Industrial Area
Noida, Dadree Road
Surajpur - 203 207
Dist. - Gaziabad Uttar Pradesh
Daewoo Motors Models
- Mar 22, 1967: Established as Daewoo Industrial Co., Ltds.
- Jan 01, 1982: Merged with Daewoo Development Co., Ltd; changed name to Daewoo Corporation.
- 1998: Ranked first in Korea in exports and trade surplus.
- Dec 27, 2000: Daewoo International Corporation established as a result of spin-off plan of Daewoo Corporation.
- Nov 15, 2002: Granted Preliminary Graduation of Work-Out.
- Dec 30, 2003: Completed the Work-Out Program.
Daewoo Motors India Ltd. (DMIL) was incorporated in India as DCM Toyota Ltd.
in the mid-80s. The company was set up to manufacture Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs) in the country. In Financial Year 1995, Korea`s Daewoo Corporation bought over DCM Toyota`s equity and increased its holdings to over 90 per cent by Financial Year 1997.
In July 1995, DMIL launched Daewoo`s 1500cc Cielo. The car did get a good reception and its sales decelerated since the 3rd quarter of Financial Year 1997. Since then it had slowdown in the mid-size car segment. Next, Daewoo launched Matiz in the small car segment and Nexia a mid size car segment.