Take Note Features
- Theft of accessories is not covered.
- Vehicle driven without proper driving license cannot be claimed.
- Insurance is not covered in case of war, invasion, act of foreign
enemies, hostilities, war like operations, civil war, mutiny,
rebellion, and military or usurped power.
When claims can be made
- Damage to vehicle by accidental external means, fire, lightning, explosion, self-ignition, Burglary Housebreaking.
- Riot & strike, malicious acts and terrorist acts.
- Earth quake, Flood, inundation, cyclone etc.
- Landslide/ rockslide while in transit by rail, road, air, inland waterways, lift or elevator.
- The policy can be restricted to loss or damage due to fire or theft or both fire & theft in combination with policy A or without.
When claims cannot be made
- Damages to the two-wheeler due to general wear and tear.
- Depreciation, consequential loss, war perils, nuclear perils.
- Accident caused due to drunken driving.
- Accident caused by a driver, without a valid driving license.
- If the two-wheeler is used for purposes for which it is not meant
to be used.
What to do when the two-wheeler is stolen
- Lodge a First Information Report (FIR) with the police and present a copy of the report to the company that has issued the policy.A final police report has to be submitted as soon as it is received form the police.
- You are expected to extend full co-operation with the surveyor or investigator who is appointed by the company.
- After the claim is approved by the company the keys of the two-wheeler should be handed over to the company and necessary formalities should be taken care off.
What to do after meeting with an accident
- A claim form has to be collected from the nearest office after providing them with accurate information about the accident
- The claim form along with the registration certificate of the vehicle, driving license of the driver who was at the wheels along with an estimate of the repairs have to be duly submitted to the insurance office.
- A surveyor will be appointed who will submit a report to the company in the event of a major accident a spot survey could also be arranged by the company.
- Last but not the least cash memo of all the repairs and in some cases the damaged parts should be submitted to the company.