DO YOU KNOW: Julia Roberts is the first actress to reach 20 million dollar mark salary.
Julia Roberts (Julia Fiona Roberts) is an American film actress. She won the fame in the early 1990s when she starred in a romantic comedy named Pretty Woman. With this fame, Julia became the highest-paid actress in the world. For four consecutive years, 2002-2005, she was top-earning female stars according to the Hollywood Reporter's annual power list.
In 2001 Julia won the Best Actress Academy Award for her critically praised turn as the title character in Erin Brockovich. In 1990s she was twice nominated for the same title. For all her fame, she is often referred as "America's Sweetheart."
Julia Robert after signing Erin Brockovich became the first actress along with Cameron Diaz to join the coveted "$20 Million Club." In 2003s she was paid $25 million for her role in Mona Lisa Smile. As of 2007, her net worth is estimated to be US$140,000,000. Julia Rober is the first actress to appear on the cover of Vogue magazine and she is also the first woman to land on the cover of GQ.
Personal Profile (Personal Biography)
Date of Birth:
October 28, 1967
Place of Birth:
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Julia Fiona Roberts
5' 9" (1.75 m)
Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress - Motion Picture Drama (2001; Erin Brockovich)
- Best Actress - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (1991; Pretty Woman)
- Best Supporting Actress - Motion Picture (1990, Steel Magnolias)
- Best Actress (2000; Erin Brockovich)
What Julia Quoted
- 1987 Firehouse
- 1988 Blood Red, Mystic Pizza, Baja Oklahoma, Satisfaction aka Girls
- 1989 Steel Magnolias
- 1990 Flatliners, Pretty Woman
- 1991 Hook, Dying Young, Sleeping with the Enemy
- 1992 The Player
- 1993 The Pelican Brief
- 1994 Ready to Wear (Prêt-à-Porter), I Love Trouble
- 1995 Something to Talk About
- 1996 Everyone Says I Love You, Michael Collins, Mary Reilly
- 1997 Conspiracy Theory, My Best Friend's Wedding
- 1998 Stepmom
- 1999 Runaway Bride, Notting Hill
- 2000 Erin Brockovich
- 2001 Ocean's Eleven, America's Sweethearts, The Mexican
- 2002 Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Full Frontal
- 2003 Mona Lisa Smile
- 2004 Ocean's Twelve, Closer
- 2006 Charlotte's Web, The Ant Bully
- 2007 Charlie Wilson's War
Julia Roberts, on forgetting to include the real-life Erin Brockovich-Ellis in her Academy Award acceptance speech, she said "It doesn't bring out the Einstein moment that you hoped it would."
According to People Magazine (8/22/99), "The first time I felt I was famous was when I went to the movies with my mom. I had gone to the loo, and someone in the bathroom said in a very loud voice, 'Girl in stall No. 1, were you in Mystic Pizza (1988)? I paused and I said, yeah that was me."
- Julia was on People (USA) magazine's '50 Most Beautiful' list. 
- She was ranked No.66 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100
Movie Stars of All Time" list. [October 1997]
- She was chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world. [1990 & 91]
- She was ranked No.1 (in Hollywood Power) and No.12 (in $$) on Forbes magazine 'Power 100'.
- She toped the list of the 200 "hottest" actors and actresses in the business in "James Ulmer's Hollywood Hot List: The Complete Guide to Star Power - 2000" book that was published in October 2000.
- She was named one of People Magazine's '25 Most Intriguing People of 2001'.
- She was named one of E!'s "top 20 entertainers of 2001".
- She was ranked 6th of the 100 Sexiest Women by FHM Taiwan in the year 2001.
- She was ranked No.16 in Premiere's 2003 annual Hollywood Power List. Her rank was No.18 in 2002
- She was ranked No.10 in Star TV's Top 10 Box Office Stars of the 1990s (2003)
- She was ranked by Premiere Magazine No.7 for Greatest Movie Star of All Time in their Stars in Our Constellation feature (2005).
- She was ranked No.8 in Forbes the 20 Richest Women In Entertainment.